Author Topic: Stalker  (Read 2434 times)

Offline Viking

• Personal Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Stalker
« Reply #75 on: April 17, 2007, 07:13:26 AM »
The game developer has now released the SDK for Stalker. As a result a number of mods have been released on the Stalker forums at GSC:

http://www.gsc-game.com/index.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr&lang=en

Including a mod that allows traders to repair your armor and weapons, a realism mod, a realistic trading mod, a weapons mod, and more.

:)

Offline deSelys

• Gold Member
Re: Stalker
« Reply #76 on: July 07, 2008, 02:36:26 AM »
A short revival of this thread to say that if you've missed this gem until now, there isn't any reason to delay it further. I bought the metal case version with the map of the zone for 10€. Applied the patch 5 and it works fine (only one crash during the whole WE).

I like it... a lot. The atmosphere is deliciously creepy, it doesn't feel as linear as HL2 by far (although a good part of the events of the main plot are scripted) and the firefights are brutal even at the veteran difficulty setting. AI is mostly good to very good (with the occasional dumb move but it is not a real intelligence after all).

On my old AMD 64 3200 2GB RAM with ATI 9800 Pro (128 MB ram), it runs nicely on med details and static lighting... and it looks pretty good already.

I must be 1/3-1/2 into it and I can't wait to go back home to play it some more... I recommend it highly. Yay for commie game designers  ;) :aok
Current ID: Romanov

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye... then it's just a game to find the eye

'I AM DID NOTHING WRONG' - Famous last forum words by legoman

Offline Charon

• Gold Member
« Reply #77 on: July 07, 2008, 06:14:03 PM »
A great game. IMO as good as any of the top FPS ever. Buggy at first release and not as open as expected (and a few nagging bugs even now), but... The atmosphere and patched versions really deliver, IMO. More recently, liked it far better than COD4 and as well as HL2 and Bioshock -- of course in its own unique way. Really love the universe they created and the (fairly) open flow. The prequel is coming out in a month or so and promises to be even less linear.

Charon
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 06:18:41 PM by Charon »

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #78 on: July 07, 2008, 06:27:09 PM »
I highly recommend some of the mods for Stalker that open up some of the blocked out areas and let you drive vehicles. 

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song