Author Topic: KV1 and KV2  (Read 2013 times)

Offline valdals

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
KV1 and KV2
« on: July 07, 2008, 09:53:54 AM »
id like to see the KV1 and KV2 tank added. it had good armor and was tough to kill. the KV1 had a 75mm anti tank gun and the KV2 carried HE rounds

Offline DPQ5

• Nickel Member
Re: KV1 and KV2
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 10:17:11 AM »
that KV2 is 1 weird lookin tank with its huge turret
29th Infantry Division
Darkest Hour Realism Unit
King Company
Sgt. Phillips

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 10:56:16 AM »
id like to see the KV1 and KV2 tank added. it had good armor and was tough to kill. the KV1 had a 75mm anti tank gun and the KV2 carried HE rounds
Im curious how was the kv1 or 2's armor compared to the tigr and panzer? You said the kv2 carried HE did it also carry AP or was HE only option? Looks pretty cool and we need another russian tank.  :aok :aok :pray
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 11:59:14 AM »
Another Russian tank with no machine gun........ hmmmmm

Ah, why not!!!
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline VansCrew1

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2008, 12:42:29 PM »
Need a British tank first.
Tour 79
Callsign: VansCrew

"The Ringer"

Offline valdals

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2008, 01:07:18 PM »
Im curious how was the kv1 or 2's armor compared to the tigr and panzer? You said the kv2 carried HE did it also carry AP or was HE only option? Looks pretty cool and we need another russian tank.  :aok :aok :pray

the KV2 was designed as a bunker buster with a 152mm main gun. not sure if it carried AP.

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2008, 10:24:55 PM »
Either KV would be a good addition... after we have a viable tank destroyer (M18?).
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2008, 10:34:52 PM »
We need a polish tank. The main gun is loaded from the outside and it shoots in the turret.  :rofl :rofl I crack myself up sometimes.  :lol Ok as you were <<S>> :salute
Lighten up Francis

Offline glock89

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2008, 01:34:32 AM »
We need a polish tank. The main gun is loaded from the outside and it shoots in the turret.  :rofl :rofl I crack myself up sometimes.  :lol Ok as you were <<S>> :salute
I WOULD LOVE TO DRIVE IT
Fear and death in the wings, in thrall of those fallen from grace
Petty is as petty does, witness the mass disgrace.

Offline BigPlay

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2008, 05:34:06 PM »
Need a British tank first.

WHY ???????? They were all a piece of , well you know. We have talked this one into the ground. British tanks could not even compete with our current tank selection let alone any further uber selections. In my opinion the Stug would make the most sence since it would bridge the entire ew-lw era's and then move up from there. But a British tank doesnt make sence. The KV models don't make any sence either. T-34/85 or Panther would make a better addition. The KV 1 was on a basic T-34 frame so killing it the same way you kill a regular T-34 would be all you need to do. The turret might take a little more of a pounding than the T-34 but that's it.

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2008, 05:50:49 PM »
WHY ???????? They were all a piece of , well you know. We have talked this one into the ground. British tanks could not even compete with our current tank selection let alone any further uber selections.

You're kidding right?  You DOknow that the Sherman we have IS a British tank right?
Tours 86 - 296

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2008, 06:46:18 PM »
WHY ???????? They were all a piece of , well you know. We have talked this one into the ground. British tanks could not even compete with our current tank selection let alone any further uber selections. In my opinion the Stug would make the most sence since it would bridge the entire ew-lw era's and then move up from there. But a British tank doesnt make sence. The KV models don't make any sence either. T-34/85 or Panther would make a better addition. The KV 1 was on a basic T-34 frame so killing it the same way you kill a regular T-34 would be all you need to do. The turret might take a little more of a pounding than the T-34 but that's it.

The only thing shared between the T-34 and the KV1 was the engine, transmission and gun.  Though, I do agree that adding the KV1 at this point adds nothing new to the game that the T-34 doesn't already offer.  The only real thing the KV1 might offer is better armor but by 1942 the invincibility the KV1 once enjoyed was no longer there after the Germans started to field better armament for their tanks.

It would end up being just a pill box in AH for base defense.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2008, 06:51:12 PM »
the KV2 was designed as a bunker buster with a 152mm main gun. not sure if it carried AP.

The KV2 was nothing more than a mobile heavy artillery vehicle with a mounted 152mm howitzer and it didn't fire AP rounds.  It wasn't very successful either and only around 250 were made between 1940-1941.  It was expensive to produce, it was very slow and the turret had traversing issues which pretty much only allowed it to traverse on level ground as a slope or an incline would make it almost impossible to traverse the turret. 

ack-ack

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2008, 06:57:55 PM »
British tanks could not even compete with our current tank selection let alone any further uber selections.

As someone noted the Firefly was a very effective British tank even though it was a modified Sherman.  The Achilles IIC was also an effective British tank destroyer (based off the M-10).  There was also the Comet though I don't know how much action it saw.  I believe some of the tanks in the Crusader and Cromwell series were also rather effective and there was the Archer, another British tank that fielded the dreaded 17 pounder main gun.  There also had a number of successful early war tanks like the Matilda.

ack-ack

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2008, 08:54:55 PM »
As someone noted the Firefly was a very effective British tank even though it was a modified Sherman.

ack-ack

That would be me  :)
Tours 86 - 296