Author Topic: I hope this is one of the better 4th of July weekends I've had  (Read 972 times)

Offline MonsterZer0

• Zinc Member
Re: I hope this is one of the better 4th of July weekends I've had
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2008, 07:35:59 PM »
The only problem I had was XP would not intsall properly till I pulled my 2nd gig of ram from the motherboard and tried again.  Installed w/o issue.  Then had to install 2nd stick of RAM and vid card and this and that.

That would bother me about the ram. Normally means u have a defective memory stick.  Before installing windows did u test the other memory stick by itself?

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2008, 12:39:00 AM »
To actually answer your question, once the machine is assembled and you boot the first time, go into the BIOS.  There are several things you'll want/need to set.  Time of day, etc. among them.  One of these is primary boot device.  You can set it to whatever you want, but, since there's no OS installed and you don't have a floppy, set it to your CD ROM drive.  Insert the Windows CD, save changes and exit BIOS.  You will boot to the CD and windows installation will begin.  Once it's done, power down, re-boot, enter BIOS and set your SATA drive (which you just installed Windows on) as your primary boot device.

You can set any device as primary, even a flash card.  It's up to you.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2008, 04:00:23 PM »
Didn't read it all but did anybody say reset the CMOS? Really should do that.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2008, 09:37:00 PM »
This install has gone almost PERFECTLY.   Installed everything hardware related and it fired up without a problem.   It seems I chose the right stuff.   

The only hiccup was having to AT&T for info on how to setup their connection and the guy was fast and English.   According to the ASUS PC II suite, the CPU at idle is 34 degrees C.   It doesn't surprise me at all, I will post pics tomorrow of the cleanest I've ever seen the X-Cruiser case and my buddy wanted to get even more anal with cable management.   

I'm installing SP2 as I type this.   This CPU is lightning and I WILL NOT be oc'ing at all.   

The SATA was recognized without a hitch.   

To ALL of you, I thank you for your help.   THIS is why I play the game and enjoy our virtual friendships.   Maybe one day we can all gather around a table and talk to each other.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Rondar

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2008, 10:19:28 PM »
Knew you would like it.  I see no need to overclock mine either.  What vidcard did you end up with in your machine?
To understand true love, lock your dog and your wife in the trunk of your car for an hour and then see which one is glad to see you when you come back

Offline MonsterZer0

• Zinc Member
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2008, 11:25:17 PM »
Great 2 hear karaya.  After updating windows & installing all appl. use a program like Easycleaner 2 clean up your registry and unncessary files. U might have 2 pay of it, if so I have it and will burn it on a cd for u.  Other programs like adware and spybot are worth its weight in gold.  Just pm me your addy if u like and I'll ship the cd out 2 u. 

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2008, 01:40:11 AM »
This CPU is lightning and I WILL NOT be oc'ing at all. 

:lol  Thats what I said too and now my 2.66 Ghz CPU is running at 3.2 Ghz.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2008, 06:30:16 AM »
:lol  Thats what I said too and now my 2.66 Ghz CPU is running at 3.2 Ghz.

I can tell he is thinking about it.  :rofl

WTG Karaya on the build!

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2008, 05:29:11 PM »
I'm pretty sure u know this but when u remove parts out of the static bag - Do Not place them on top of the static bag. Make sure your grounded : > I have had no problems with sp3 karaya. The less u have 2 open your case 2 check things the better off u are.  So just take your time.  As for the cpu fan u might have 2 change the bracket surrounding the cpu on the motherboard. Check that first before U install the motherboard 2 the case. Sweet machine Karaya.

Oops, I didn't know that. Too late it's built.

Say Karaya, Since Baldegle and I practically built this thing for you :P are you coming over to Bish?