Author Topic: Hello from a noob :)  (Read 851 times)

Offline thouston

• Zinc Member
Re: Hello from a noob :)
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2008, 04:38:35 PM »
Welcome.  I would highly suggest spending time in the Training Arena.  The damage has been turned off, so the only way to die is to crash yourself into something.  Also, there are many good pilots that hang out there, and a number of volunteers that are members of the official Training Corps that are invaluable to learning and getting good in AHII.

You may, of course, jump right into one of the main arenas and start mixing it up.  Be prepared to get killed a lot, but so far is sounds like you have a great attitude coming in.  I can't count how many people complain about getting killed every two seconds but don't want to spend a little time doing some reading and practicing.  I still get killed a lot, but have fun and have yet to complain about it.

See ya in the skies.   :salute

Oh, don't get me wrong, I know! Yesterday I spent remapping keys and going over my Fighter Ace notes and I got my first kill :). I reset my custom Sidewinder and hopefully today I'll do better, if not there's always tomorrow.

Offline crazierthanu

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2008, 07:59:29 AM »
A kill on your first day?

Way to go :aok
80th FS "Headhunters"
EhFex in-game.
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2008, 08:34:38 AM »
I come from an FA background.  sadly the game has all but died in the last 3 years or so.

Now A.H was a fresh challenge and it takes much more work.  The flight model is far superior along with the way different planes behave.  The community is much larger and minus the odd richard head is better in my opinion.

Once you get used to it there isn't anything else out there that comes close.
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline BnZ

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2008, 09:54:30 AM »
Yes, AHII is the best.

The things that should be easy (the view system, controlling the airplane during normal maneuvers, the coms, the weapons) ARE easy. The thing that SHOULD be hard, out-thinking the many skilled pilots online, is.