Author Topic: Ranked around you  (Read 1287 times)

Offline toonces3

• Nickel Member
Ranked around you
« on: July 08, 2008, 11:28:42 AM »
Every once in a while I go up top of the page here and click on scores and then 'my rank' just to see how I'm doing and who's around me.

I don't really play for rank, and this tour I haven't even been playing for K/D, but anyway...I find it interesting to see who sits around me at my score level.

A few months ago when I did this there were a dozen folks who's names I recognized.  It's less this time, but still interesting to see that I recognize a few folks from the MA.

Overall rank: 951.  The only guy I recognize on the list is WHOOPEE, and that's only because he gave me my last death in the MA a few days ago, popping my jug as I tried desperately to ditch engine out over our HQ.   :furious

Fighter rank:  1154.  I recognize Drfritz because I had a great fight against him once where he didn't HO me (even though he could have) in the MA and because I see him on bish alot lately in the furballs.  I recognize Einhorn, I'm fairly certain I fought him in mid-war a few months ago (also classy).  And I recognize Odee from the AvA forums, although I can't remember if I like flying against him or not.  Not bad company to be with.

Attack rank:  820.  I recognize 68Wooley (I think I actually won a sortie or two against you  ;)) and 68Gunny.

The other ranks are pretty frivolous as I just don't fly bombers or GVs enough to really take their scores to indicate anything.

Feel free to share if you'd like.

See ya,
Toonces 
"And I got my  :rocklying problem fix but my voice is going to inplode your head" -Kennyhayes

"My thread is forum gold, it should be melted down, turned into minature f/a-18 fighter jets and handed out to everyone who participated." -Thrila

Offline Baitman

• Nickel Member
      • Strike Manufacturing Inc.
Re: Ranked around you
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 11:41:15 AM »
Although Score is not important the best way to learn is to go get owned :cry by a very good player be it in a fighter or in a tank. I have been owned by A8Jonplr, DR7, Wonder, Wet, Rondar, taxi, stodd to name a few. But you have to keep going back and finding them and trying to kill them. Figuring out their tactics will only help you and if you do end up getting a kill the feeling is great. :D :D
"Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition"
You can be one but NOT both...

Fully Fledged Practising Atheist Bishop

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 11:56:10 AM »
This morning my overall rank is 127. I recognize Madcap71 because we're usually fighting at the same places.

In fighters I recognize Lynx. I think I've seen him once or twice  :lol

In attack I recognize joker2. He's the guy I love to hate the most right now. I hate massive horde squads and he's their leader.

In bombers I recognize Waldren  :rolleyes: That disturbs me  :lol

GVs, it's NoFether because I shot his fethers off yesterday. He tryed to HO me  :mad:
Lighten up Francis

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 12:04:44 PM »
I had a really good Fighter day yesterday and now I'm at 158 overall....  :rock

Fighter I see my brother nikOmon ahead of me... But that wont last, my Fighter rank will drop.

The only real group to speak of is GV....  Ic3mann 9 ahead of me and we had a few hours of fun on the Bish/Knit front a few days ago.
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2008, 12:17:08 PM »
In bombers I recognize Waldren  :rolleyes: That disturbs me  :lol

If there's anything where score doesn't mean anything at all, it's with bombers.
Killing Dar/barracks/ords/hangars with from 15K with 100kg bombs gives you a lousy hit% compared to just lazily lobbing a big bomb into a huge cluster of city buildings.  :rofl
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2008, 12:31:25 PM »
If there's anything where score doesn't mean anything at all, it's with bombers.
Killing Dar/barracks/ords/hangars with from 15K with 100kg bombs gives you a lousy hit% compared to just lazily lobbing a big bomb into a huge cluster of city buildings.  :rofl

[hijack]targets should have a value based on importance of field operations, but sure someone would argue you can take a field with all hangers up.[/hijack]

back to topic

overall: Floatsup, see him here and there. Baba see him on late when i play.
fighter: Bruin, see him on here and there. Bear76, he kills me a lot.
bomber: flk4, seen that name some where. skully7, tag along with his missions when I'm free.
attack: GooseAW, grey92, semperac, names i recognize from past fights.
Veh/Boat: rather not say

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2008, 03:37:00 PM »
im overall 154, above me that i recognize: yarbles (squaddie), junky2, ati11a, lucine, bmathis, bushlt, jannek, skatsr..

fighter 651: junky again :), choker41, fbgrave

attack 70: no really recognize many.. maybe akziff

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2008, 04:57:16 PM »
I can't stand the people ranked around me... everyone with a rank like that is just a cheap score potato!  :noid
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2008, 05:01:22 PM »
Ranked around me? Not a clue. Though I do have a few I like to come across in the MA.

<S>...-Gixer

Offline -SR-

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2008, 05:59:31 PM »
Any one ranked around me is probably still crashing their planes on take off.

They are also probably the ones asking, "Why do you calibrate the bomb sight? What does Salvo mean? "Etc...

-SR- :rock

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2008, 06:39:56 PM »
The one ranked right above me is the Cellar.....The one right below me is hell.
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline trotter

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2008, 06:46:22 PM »
Good post idea toonces.

Fighter: Krusty1, Tbarone, ROCKY, and quite a few more

Bomber: Who flies bomber sorties  :lol

Attack: Closest I recognize is Ovington, I remember him talking smack on country channel a while ago and I thought of his name as perhaps the most extremely British name I remember seeing.

Vehicle: Beamer1, see him all the time.

Offline toonces3

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2008, 06:51:29 PM »
Ranked around me? Not a clue. Though I do have a few I like to come across in the MA.

<S>...-Gixer

I checked for you sport:

Overall:  I recognize 8spade and Silat, both fighter dudes like you.

Fighter:  109.  Wow, where do I start?  Pretty much half of the guys on there I recognize- Stang, A8hunter, akNOT, Rogentx, 4fox (been seeing him alot lately all of a sudden, old guy with new handle?), xbrit01, ghi, and TrueKill.

If you ever got out of that Yak, maybe you could give attack, bombers or GV's a chance!

Not alot of assists in your stats either.  That cannon hits and hits hard, eh? 

Nice dude.  <S>
"And I got my  :rocklying problem fix but my voice is going to inplode your head" -Kennyhayes

"My thread is forum gold, it should be melted down, turned into minature f/a-18 fighter jets and handed out to everyone who participated." -Thrila

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2008, 08:40:32 PM »
Strange, guys that are ranked near me in fighters are guys like kappa, slapshot, killnu, etc.  I guess I'd rather have a fight against those guys ranked in the hundreds than someone ranked in to the top 50.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2008, 08:58:28 PM »
anyone ranked around me must suck
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey