Author Topic: Once and for all......  (Read 2016 times)

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
Re: Once and for all......
« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2008, 12:25:32 AM »
  I guess the kills registerd are UFO's from outer space or something. 
What kills are you talking about?
Seems AvA is going to have to elect STAFF'ers to the position so we can have an even number for equal representation....
It's funny you mention that, out of the, what, 5-6 staffers there are there's only ONE who flies axis regularly. And that would be Stampf, who joined 2 weeks ago, along with another allied staffer. :lol (not a stab at Jester or the AvA staff)

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2008, 12:33:11 AM »
If the 'kills registered' you are talking about are the vast amount of kills SOAR supposedly has, which currently stands at 15 collectively, I just realized that's close to another number... the 15 kills that I myself have in the arena (JG11 collectively has 75) and I didn't even fly tonight, since when I logged on at 10:30 there were only 4 people in the arena.

Offline Damionte

• Copper Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/cthunder16
« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2008, 12:51:58 AM »
I don't honestly believe the war fighters and dog fighters can both be catered to with the current settings.

Problem is that you've given the war fighting crowd the tools to wage an authentic war. You've given them goals and incentive to win such a war. But you don't want them to go out and actually win a war. That's not enough fun for the losers. You've also not given the dog fighters any incentive to get involved in said war. Chasing war fighters around the map isn't really all that fun. They're better off going to the MA's or the DAA where they can find the quick fights they're looking for.

That's obviously not what you guys want them to do.

24 hour down times on the hangers is too long. It allows a hand full of pilots to completely knock out the other sides ability to fight for too long a period. A 2-4 hours downtime (before resupply) would be more appropriate. Allows a group to clear the way for an immediate raid, without knocking the other side out indefinitely.

Drackson

Allied Commander: AvA / Campaign Series: North Africa / Italy

Offline eagleheartone

• Copper Member
« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2008, 07:57:22 AM »
I personally think that if a hanger is taken down, make the the owner of the hanger work to get it up.  Don't just put a timer on it... yeah if they don't resupply it... 24 hrs is fine.  If they get off their lazy kiester and resupply it, then so be it 2 -  4 hrs is great.  But seems like the C47 and the m3 are dirty words in here for the one's that only want to come  in hear and up a fighter, and when they can't, BOOO HOOO  BOOO HOOO is all ya get.   24 hrs is what is, if they set it in motion to resupply to bring time down... then yes... a little work never hurt no-one.  We do it, and still get flack.  The down time and the EMPTY times are what is killing this arena, and more people are asking for more down time and even closing during certain hrs.   Gentleman, you want to gain people in here, not loose them when they decide to come in and there is no one in here or it is closed.  Keep the latewar dweebs opinions for latewar in latewar.  If they wanna have everything given to them... the MA is  DAT WAY >>>>>  .  This arena is for the ones that want to have it like a constant squad bases setup, where when you do something it actually counts, and the TEAMWORK is here when you ask for it.  Relations in here are coming together, but the bickering about same stuff over and over again because one side smacked the other is just gonna loose the effect and people will leave.

Someone said they seen storch in AvA the other day, does he have access again....  lol
Eaglehrt

CO.  5th SFG "S.O.A.R."

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #49 on: July 10, 2008, 08:02:54 AM »
he never lost access! he only chose not to fly the AVA. he might change his mind......
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 08:07:02 AM by captain1ma »

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2008, 08:15:22 AM »
Fair Play Rules
1. We ask that all players be respectful to one another in the Arena and on the BBS forums.
2. There is 0-Tolerance to any kind of smack-talk or taunting on any open channel or on the BBS.
3. There is 0-Tolerance to complaints about HO's, vulching, or 'unfair gameplay' that is disrespectful to other players on any open channel.
4. Three-strike offense system. First offense is a warn. Second is a mute. Third we ask you to leave. If the player refuses, we eject.
5. Players who reach the point of having 3 strikes will be banned from the arena for an indefinite period of time.*
6. Any player(s) found to be using an empty arena to advance their war effort without opposition is an offense - see rule 4.

Folks:

These are the rules now.  Experience shows that if you relax them - even for the best of reasons - someone will find out and then complain that the staff favors one side or the other because someone was milking the strats and wasn't stopped.  The rule is clear.  Perhaps it will be changed some day, but until changed it is supposed to be followed.

Now:  how serious is the problem, really?  Someone has to log on first, what's the poor man to do with his time?  I personally used to find myself in this situation quite frequently.  There are plenty of things you can do while waiting for someone to show up on the other side.  Fly a new plane.  Practice with the AvA bomb sight on a deserted area.  Dive-bomb a windmill (or strafe a bush).  Sharpen your control skills by flying inverted through your own hangers.  It's make-work stuff, but usually you don't have to do it for more a few minutes before someone sees you're in there and shows up.  Then you have opposition and you can do as you please.

There will be times when no one is going to show up - 3 am, that sort of thing - and this will penalize the players who can only fly during those times.  For good or bad, the risk-benefit analysis has resulted in a decision that the milking problem outweighs the sacrifice of that player's time.  It's a customary aspect of the AvA, in a sense, because by definition we have always limited a player's choices.  We still have the best arena in AH2, but there are limitations not present in the other arenas and one of them, at this time, is that you can't advance your side's war effort unless there's someone logged in on the other side.

- oldman

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member
      • Dirac's equation (non truncated)
« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2008, 08:26:06 AM »
he never lost access! he only chose not to fly the AVA. he might change his mind......

I believe he was kicked from AvA last night. No such thing as "losing access" in AH, what you can do however is get yourself a place on the boot-on-sight list.

GameID: Turner
Truth has no agenda.

Offline oceans11

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2008, 08:33:33 AM »

I believe he was kicked from AvA last night. No such thing as "losing access" in AH, what you can do however is get yourself a place on the boot-on-sight list.

So we have a independent spy now?

If by chance a strategic attack where to happen tonight ( and how coincidentally it has been announced in another thread) and fighter bases that JUST HAVE planes are the  ONLY to get hit I will not assume "WE WILL know exactly what he did then "

This is the thread that was suddenly announced

Caution: A large force will be Attacking the AVA. Time and Date TBD. If you don't want to get beat up every time you up a plane, you would be advised to remove yourself from the area. We will take no prisoners. The blood shed will be yours. good luck and best wishes.

For Sale: assorted plane parts. a large surplus of slightly used, possibly dammaged aircraft parts will be available to the highest bidder shortly. may need the brown stains cleaned out of them.

that is all!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 08:36:03 AM by oceans11 »

Offline psycho

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2008, 08:35:56 AM »
edit
beware, you never know where i am!
storches worst nightmare!
JG-666 Demons of Death
Death to JG54

Offline oceans11

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2008, 08:36:50 AM »
"i believe" but you dont actually know. Actually he left because everyone logged. guess they are afraid of him!

guess they are afraid of him

???
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 09:00:38 AM by oceans11 »

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2008, 12:09:29 PM »
I personally think that if a hanger is taken down, make the the owner of the hanger work to get it up.  Don't just put a timer on it... yeah if they don't resupply it... 24 hrs is fine.  If they get off their lazy kiester and resupply it, then so be it 2 -  4 hrs is great.  But seems like the C47 and the m3 are dirty words in here for the one's that only want to come  in hear and up a fighter, and when they can't, BOOO HOOO  BOOO HOOO is all ya get.   24 hrs is what is, if they set it in motion to resupply to bring time down... then yes... a little work never hurt no-one.  We do it, and still get flack.  The down time and the EMPTY times are what is killing this arena, and more people are asking for more down time and even closing during certain hrs.   Gentleman, you want to gain people in here, not loose them when they decide to come in and there is no one in here or it is closed. 
Hangars can't be resupplied. Supplies only effect ordinance, troops, fuel, and radar.

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: July 10, 2008, 12:20:16 PM »
I personally think that if a hanger is taken down, make the the owner of the hanger work to get it up.  Don't just put a timer on it... yeah if they don't resupply it... 24 hrs is fine.  If they get off their lazy kiester and resupply it, then so be it 2 -  4 hrs is great.  But seems like the C47 and the m3 are dirty words in here for the one's that only want to come  in hear and up a fighter, and when they can't, BOOO HOOO  BOOO HOOO is all ya get.   24 hrs is what is, if they set it in motion to resupply to bring time down... then yes... a little work never hurt no-one.

I recently learned the resupply does not help rebuild hangars.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline OldBull

• Copper Member
« Reply #57 on: July 10, 2008, 01:53:09 PM »
I notice a recurring reference to the changing weather in the arena and the complaint is generally coupled with the statement that in WW II no aircraft would be up in that weather, not so, if you care to read any actual history about that region during the air war in WW II you will find that missions were routinely flown in weather much worse than what is used in here. In the arena the visibility gets down to about 6 miles at its worst, bombers were launched daily out of England with visibility of less than 3 miles. I could go on, but if you truly have an intrest I suggest reading "To Win the Winter Sky's"or ' Masters of the Air, either of these two well researched books will shed a lot of facts about the many misconceptions presented as facts in some of the posts in the forums.
 Personally I enjoy the challenge of a little weather change
Maj OldBull
XO Avengers
OldBull
XO ~Avengers~

Offline eagleheartone

• Copper Member
« Reply #58 on: July 10, 2008, 06:28:13 PM »
Bravo  brova   Both a good read  :salute
Eaglehrt

CO.  5th SFG "S.O.A.R."

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: July 11, 2008, 05:09:51 PM »
Fair Play Rules
1. We ask that all players be respectful to one another in the Arena and on the BBS forums.
2. There is 0-Tolerance to any kind of smack-talk or taunting on any open channel or on the BBS.
3. There is 0-Tolerance to complaints about HO's, vulching, or 'unfair gameplay' that is disrespectful to other players on any open channel.
4. Three-strike offense system. First offense is a warn. Second is a mute. Third we ask you to leave. If the player refuses, we eject.
5. Players who reach the point of having 3 strikes will be banned from the arena for an indefinite period of time.*
6. Any player(s) found to be using an empty arena to advance their war effort without opposition is an offense - see rule 4.

Reading between the lines what he said was:

First, your return to shore was not part of our negotiations nor our agreement so I must do nothing. And secondly, you must be a pirate for the pirate's code to apply and you're not. And thirdly, the code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules. Welcome aboard the Black Pearl, Miss Turner .

:rofl Sorry Oldman, I thought you could use a chuckle.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9gRUxg7WDY&feature=related
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 05:16:31 PM by Chilli »