Author Topic: Perk The Wirblewind  (Read 1343 times)

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Re: Perk The Wirblewind
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2008, 08:42:45 AM »

So the answer is not to change the perk on the wirble, its to adapt tactics that will work without dieing.

Come on Ghosth !!! ... that's asking WAY TOO MUCH !!! ... you are one crazy guy.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2008, 08:57:30 AM »
Wirbles are extremly fragile so i dont think it should be perked. I can think of 3-4 rides that needs perkies loooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooong before the wirble.

storch

« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2008, 09:01:04 AM »
wobblywinds are easy prey

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2008, 09:02:23 AM »
Absolutely no need to perk the WW.

Ridiculous.

If anything, we should perk "altitude".

Might not have to waste time climbing to 20k+ to find a Rook as much. :lol
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline rip033

• Zinc Member
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2008, 10:36:26 AM »
Wirble are easy prey with multiple plane on it. With one plane i will shoot down any plane 8 out of 10 times.
(Thats without bombs) :salute
JaCkRiPr

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2008, 10:43:23 AM »
Wirble are easy prey with multiple plane on it. With one plane i will shoot down any plane 8 out of 10 times.
(Thats without bombs) :salute

Yeah but if you go after it with guns the ostwind is just as effective if you are a half way decent shot.

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2008, 11:43:52 AM »
wirbles are weak but at the same time nearly invincible..

it takes next to nothing to take out the turret... but after that it takes a heavy ord to do anything else..

so unless you happen to have rockets or bombs or heavy cannon.. a wirble is practically indestructible.. you'll get the turret if you look at it funny, but you will never kill it.. not your, not you and 10 buddies if your all clean.

Offline Pannono

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2008, 12:35:35 PM »
i liked it more when itr was ostie and m16, but maybe thats just me
those .50s just have a place inside me :aok
Pan <3 da Ma Deuce
Pannono
Proud Member of Pigs On The Wing
8 Player H2H: 2006-07
MA Tours: 87, 97-113, 143-144, 160-Present
FSO: JG54

Offline MajIssue

• Silver Member
      • "False Prophets"
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2008, 01:03:34 PM »
I agree... The WW is a destabilizer and should be perked like a Sherman or Tiger...
X.O. False Prophets
Altitude is Life
If you keep ignoring "Wife Ack" it will go away.

Offline BnZ

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2008, 01:09:54 PM »
Well, I know there are two sides to the perk the WW debate.

Tell you what.
Give me about a dozen manned quad 20mm gun positions with the same durability as the WW turret along each runway and at V-bases, and you can perk the WW for all I care.

One thing that would help too: Last night, I did abit of GV bombing. What I notice is, you can see the icon at 1.5K. This is fairly close to the distance I'd like to release my bomb and be pulling up if I'm trying to get a WW with a plane. Make the icon distances slightly longer for spotting GVs with planes in ground range mode, 2.5 or something. Then bombing vehicles without being slaughtered by the wobblies shouldn't constitute any problem.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2008, 01:56:09 PM »
Boy every few weeks someone gets their Corsair C-Hog vulchmobile shot down and a new "perk the WW" thread appears.

These wirbels must really put a crimp in a vulch queens day. Now they have to actually get a vulcher or two to carry bombs with them and get the VH, along with any WWs already out. Queens would rather lazer LA-noobs as they appear on the runway with their lazer cannon and then land them to thunderous applause.

Ive gotten quite a few known Queens in my wirbel and thought it hilarious. :rofl
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2008, 03:26:29 PM »
wirbles are weak but at the same time nearly invincible..

it takes next to nothing to take out the turret... but after that it takes a heavy ord to do anything else..

so unless you happen to have rockets or bombs or heavy cannon.. a wirble is practically indestructible.. you'll get the turret if you look at it funny, but you will never kill it.. not your, not you and 10 buddies if your all clean.

Maybe because it sits on a Panzer frame ... a WW is supposed to be tuff armor-wise.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2008, 03:36:04 PM »
Well, I know there are two sides to the perk the WW debate.

Tell you what.
Give me about a dozen manned quad 20mm gun positions with the same durability as the WW turret along each runway and at V-bases, and you can perk the WW for all I care.

One thing that would help too: Last night, I did abit of GV bombing. What I notice is, you can see the icon at 1.5K. This is fairly close to the distance I'd like to release my bomb and be pulling up if I'm trying to get a WW with a plane. Make the icon distances slightly longer for spotting GVs with planes in ground range mode, 2.5 or something. Then bombing vehicles without being slaughtered by the wobblies shouldn't constitute any problem.

Maybe we should enable the bomb computing gunsight just for dealing with the WW too ... :rolleyes:

Why is it when people are faced with a challenge ... the cry to make it easier to deal with the challenge or cripple the challenge is deafening ?

Has anybody shown that the WW was not as deadly as it is in the game ? ... I can't imagine anything that has quad 20mm guns not being a force to be reckoned with, and should be handled as something that you really don't want to take on without a solid gameplan.

If you think that you can fly around a vehicle sporting quad 20mm guns, that fire all at the same time, with impunity, then you need your head examined.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Offline BnZ

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2008, 04:52:58 PM »
Nah, I wouldn't go that far, I just think in general the 1.5K thing might be a tad short, makes it kind of hard to spot something and set up your divebombing pass on a GV in one pass.

Anyway, I don't want it perked myself. I think the WW's prescence  as a defensive weapon is great, I'll admit to being a little more dubious about packs of them rolling into a base offensively. Just if they do decide to perk it, I demand more in the way of fixed position guns at the fields to compensate.

Maybe we should enable the bomb computing gunsight just for dealing with the WW too ... :rolleyes:

Why is it when people are faced with a challenge ... the cry to make it easier to deal with the challenge or cripple the challenge is deafening ?

Has anybody shown that the WW was not as deadly as it is in the game ? ... I can't imagine anything that has quad 20mm guns not being a force to be reckoned with, and should be handled as something that you really don't want to take on without a solid gameplan.

If you think that you can fly around a vehicle sporting quad 20mm guns, that fire all at the same time, with impunity, then you need your head examined.

Offline Pannono

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2008, 06:51:08 PM »
In the rare times that I've been in a GV, I don't think I've ever been Driver Wounded either.
i had it happen to me in a jeep and M8 once
anyone ever get a oil or radiator hit in a GV?
Pannono
Proud Member of Pigs On The Wing
8 Player H2H: 2006-07
MA Tours: 87, 97-113, 143-144, 160-Present
FSO: JG54