Author Topic: chog not perked say it aint so!!!  (Read 1513 times)

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
chog not perked say it aint so!!!
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2001, 07:29:00 PM »

Originally posted by funked:
Fishu, a true life Spitfire Hispano story:

"I attacked and opened fire at about 100 yards (Group Captain Kent records); it was the first time I had fired cannons for three or four months and I was not prepared for the vibration and loud thud-thud-thud as I pressed the gun button. I quickly let go as if I had been stung! I do not know how many shells I fired, it could not have been many, but it was enough - there was a brilliant flash on the starboard wing root of the 109 and the whole wing came off. The rest of the aircraft hurtled down twisting madly round and around giving the pilot no chance to escape even if he had still been alive, which I rather doubt...

"Not wishing to expose myself unduly to the attentions of the flak gunners on the coast I came down very low and slipped over the seashore at Gravelines. Just crossing my path was a small convoy so I put a burst into the stern of one of the ships which started a fire. On my return to Northold I discovered that I had only fired sixteen rounds out of each cannon - I had not used my machine guns - and I became more convinced than ever of the validity of my argument as to the cannon's effectiveness."

So, he shot 32 rounds and wing isnt as tough built as some rear fuselage...
next

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2001, 07:31:00 PM »

Originally posted by Fatty:
I just won $50 bucks, Fishu chirped hispano again.

(The fact that heavier ammo does more damage does not equate to something wrong.  I could counter that the 109 30mm never needs more than 1 ping, but as it is larger caliber, this is not suprising nor out of line.)

So what?  Hispano really is out of range compared to other 20mm guns..

Ps. I don't like 30mm at all, not enough ammo and I could get better trajectory by throwing baseball  
one 20mm in 109 gives me more kills than 30mm.

Offline Torque

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2001, 08:25:00 PM »
Big Blue is soooo Purty HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I like the way it makes people with no ACM skills whine like gurlymen with their lederhosen on fire.

RATATATATATATATATA.......

next....

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2001, 10:07:00 PM »

Originally posted by Torque:
Big Blue is soooo Purty HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I like the way it makes people with no ACM skills whine like gurlymen with their lederhosen on fire.

RATATATATATATATATA.......

next....

I don't think your point is valid here..
I know you don't care about that what planes people flies, but some others might get bored if they see some spray & pray people with 4 cannons constantly in the air.

Though, most of us knows anyway that you're immature.

Offline Torque

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2001, 11:44:00 PM »
Need I say more thanks for verify my point.

Offline DB603

• Nickel Member
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2001, 12:15:00 AM »
S!

If I may put my yellow nose here...The CHog is effective and fast and packs a punch.But more I get bored off with N1K2-J Shiden-Kai.They seem to be everywhere and climb as skyrockets.Well...IRL they were a match to any Allied plane,but no Colonial Vipers   And a little addition to the cannon discussion.FAF pilots stated that when the 109G had the wing gondolas with 20mm MG151/20 it flew worse and when firing it was like hitting a wall.The plane shuddered like mad and decelerated.But effects were of same caliber too.Also the German cannon was very reliable and is of very simple construction(seen one and been playing around with it).

DB603

DB603

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2001, 12:43:00 AM »

Originally posted by Torque:
Need I say more thanks for verify my point.

Well, people considers F4u as a target easy to kill, but they hate more that fact theres alot more C hogs than D hogs, when it should be otherway around (and with that 20mm advantage with loads of ammo)

does that now mean that these people doesnt know ACM?
I could then claim that you dont know history..

Offline Torque

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2001, 03:28:00 AM »
More reinforcement thanks keep up the good work.

Offline Midnight

• Silver Member
      • http://www.brauncomustangs.org
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2001, 12:17:00 AM »

Originally posted by texace:
Why is everyone against the CHog? Just outturn it and it's history. Them cannons ain't effective if the ain't pointed at you.

Sure.. 1-v-1 you can do that. The problem is there are so many around, there is almost always one with its nose pointing at you. And with those uber-cannons, it only takes a split seond snap shot to kill you. THAT is the problem. The Dweeb need not even be trying to ACM against you. You may just happen to come across his line of fire as he is chasing someone else.. no matter. .just another pull of the trigger.. plenty of ammo to spray a few rounds for a lucky "hail mary / golden BB" shot.

------------------
"Wing up, Get kills, Be happy"

Midnight
13th TAS