Author Topic: KKKUNITE and BADMOFO  (Read 3500 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: KKKUNITE and BADMOFO
« Reply #75 on: July 12, 2008, 10:22:21 AM »
Keep thinking that.   I'm far from it, "dude".   

don't like dude either, huh?

how about slick? :rofl or sparky? :D
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
« Reply #76 on: July 12, 2008, 10:23:36 AM »
i thought it was most of europe?

I only know about Germany since I spent some time there as a kid.  But you maybe right.
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

"At least I have chicken." 
Member DFC

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #77 on: July 12, 2008, 10:27:32 AM »
i thought it was most of europe?

No ... it's a law in Germany ... all though, I am sure that other European countries that felt the wrath of the Nazis wouldn't care to see them displayed either ... but I believe that it is Germany that is the impetus for HTC to not show the Nazi symbol ... else the game would be banned in Germany.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Hamltnblue

• Nickel Member
« Reply #78 on: July 12, 2008, 10:35:02 AM »
If complained about the staff will probably take steps to have the names changed.  The reason for this should be a business one and not because of political correctness or anything else.  It's a fine line when to take steps since no matter what you do you will be alienating too many people.  If you remove it you tick off a group of freedom of speech. If you don't you tick off those that want censorship.  In this day and age if the name was something like Blacksunite, banning the name would cause an uproar.  We see it all too often. I think the best thing to do is to ignore them and they just might disappear after the 2 week trial.  What's more important is how they act in the game. If they start harassing other players or become offensive then that's what you address.  

Offline ZetaNine

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #79 on: July 12, 2008, 10:35:55 AM »
If complained about the staff will probably take steps to have the names changed.  The reason for this should be a business one and not because of political correctness or anything else.  It's a fine line when to take steps since no matter what you do you will be alienating too many people.  If you remove it you tick off a group of freedom of speech. If you don't you tick off those that want censorship.  In this day and age if the name was something like Blacksunite, banning the name would cause an uproar.  We see it all too often. I think the best thing to do is to ignore them and they just might disappear after the 2 week trial.  What's more important is how they act in the game. If they start harassing other players or become offensive then that's what you address.  

well said.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #80 on: July 12, 2008, 10:45:29 AM »

WELL STATED......
but it STILL should never have been brought to the boards. this is for HTC.......
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Hamltnblue

• Nickel Member
« Reply #81 on: July 12, 2008, 11:06:19 AM »
Sometimes these threads can be stopped simply by having several people bump or reply to the most recent page or 2 of threads.  This pushes the topic back a couple of pages which might make it out of sight, out of mind  :aok

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #82 on: July 12, 2008, 11:45:12 AM »
badmofo seems wierd to me cause back about 2 years ago 1BADMOFO shut down the dueling arena( any 1 remember that) because he was a vulching tard salamander and every 1 complained! so i hope this isnt the same guy.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline KooLBreeZ

• Zinc Member
« Reply #83 on: July 12, 2008, 11:50:20 AM »
This thread is based on certain peoples being offended by a name. WHY? His 15 Bucks his choice of name. You pay it then maybe you can pick his/her name. If your offended by it obviously you have some sort of issue with it. See no reason to get all hyper about someones name. Pisses you off that bad just switch countries an hunt him down an kill him in your cartoon plane. As for certain peoples IMHO they should not even be posting on subjects on here due to their own past with the game. Now I am offended hehe.

Offline DCCBOSS

• Nickel Member
« Reply #84 on: July 12, 2008, 11:56:17 AM »
Kick em!
"Where ever you go, there you are".
C.O. of Rolling Thunder

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #85 on: July 12, 2008, 11:57:27 AM »
His 15 Bucks his choice of name.

WRONG ... he may choose his name, but it's HTC that has the final word, and in this instance ... that name will not survive.

HTC is running a business here and has a reputation to uphold, and allowing any "hate" faction or reference to any "hate' faction to persist and thrive in their game, would not be a wise business decision.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #86 on: July 12, 2008, 12:08:49 PM »
WRONG ... he may choose his name, but it's HTC that has the final word, and in this instance ... that name will not survive.

HTC is running a business here and has a reputation to uphold, and allowing any "hate" faction or reference to any "hate' faction to persist and thrive in their game, would not be a wise business decision.

SLAP//////

they don't get it. if he read every page and still doesn't get it, he won't now.........
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline BadMongo

• Zinc Member
« Reply #87 on: July 12, 2008, 01:25:26 PM »
Huh, thought first when I saw topic, that I had said/done something bad yesterday....
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 01:28:40 PM by BadMongo »

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #88 on: July 12, 2008, 01:29:14 PM »
I was in last night while these 2 kids were changing names every 15-30 min and talking crap to each other.  The DEA as well as probably every ROOK were .reporting them as soon as they showed back up with new names.  They were removed within 5-10 min each time, but they were very offensive, in both the names they chose and what they were saying.  I'm sure that HTC will be getting MANY films of the events and I just wanted to give a  :salute to the mods and HTC for removing them as quickly as they did.
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline saantana

• Nickel Member
      • Dywizjon 308
« Reply #89 on: July 12, 2008, 01:31:03 PM »
I think some guy wanted to call one squad the SS.
I thought that was quite unacceptable also.
I also think that it was quite OK for the poster to post this issue, as he found something offending and we had an open and frank discussion about it. If its for HTC, I'm sure he let them know also.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 01:35:03 PM by saantana »
Saantana
308 Polish Squadron RAF
http://dywizjon308.servegame.org

"I have fought a good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept my faith"