Author Topic: THIS GUY needs to be running for President......  (Read 1481 times)

Offline Hornet33

• Gold Member
Re: THIS GUY needs to be running for President......
« Reply #60 on: July 14, 2008, 02:09:43 PM »
I think your statistics are flawed. I think you are lumping people into a group based on skin color when in actuality it is a group based on opportunity and economics. I think that people without hope will act like people without hope, no matter what color their skin may be.

And why don't they have hope? They waiting on the government to give it to them? That's the entire point of this discussion and the point the author of the artical at the start of this thread are trying to get across. If young black people are so without hope who's responsiblity is it to give them that hope? The government or their own community of people?  Who is REALLY failing here?

Like I said I see these people every day driving luxery cars, brand new expensive cloths, more "bling" than you can shake a stick at, and these same folks are the one complaining about not getting enough from the government and that they are repressed and discriminated against. WTF?? You DON'T see a problem?
AHII Con 2006, HiTech, "This game is all about pissing off the other guy!!"

Offline ZetaNine

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #61 on: July 14, 2008, 02:11:37 PM »
No he didn't. The author said that if all of the white people left America it would be a ghetto in 10 months. He was painting with a really broad brush.

no.  that was after the white people leave.... hypothetical point and unrelated.  also inadmissible to your arguments.

Offline Hornet33

• Gold Member
« Reply #62 on: July 14, 2008, 02:12:26 PM »
BS..

That is a fairy tale told by white supremist organizations to scare people. I wouldn't hire anyone who showed up for an interview looking like a fool, even if he were MORE qualified. And no one would be expected to either.

REALLY?? My company is being sued right now because of this. Tell my regional manager it's only a fairy tale.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: July 14, 2008, 02:13:01 PM »
no.  that was after the white people leave.... hypothetical point and unrelated.  also inadmissible to your arguments.

I hope you aren't really a lawyer. That was just silly.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: July 14, 2008, 02:15:09 PM »
REALLY?? My company is being sued right now because of this. Tell my regional manager it's only a fairy tale.

Really? Which company? I'd love to help you guys out.

Offline ZetaNine

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #65 on: July 14, 2008, 02:17:48 PM »
Fair enough..

Mr Obama,on Fathers Day...made headlines saying that blacks were "disproportionaly deadbeat fathers" compared to other races.Like the colour of one's skin is more likely to make you a "deadbeat Dad"...Completely skirting the overall issues of non-support.

There is a thread on that one.

I ask because when I was a kid.... "playing the race card" meant a minority using his race to gain sympathy.

As I got older it meant members of the majority pointing out how a minority race was unjustly receiving excessive rewards or other entitlements.

Now...a "racist" seems to be anyone that talks about another race...good, bad, or indifferent.

the issue now: the word "racist" or "racism" means too many things to too many people...don't even get me started on reverse racism.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 02:33:51 PM by ZetaNine »

Offline BnZ

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #66 on: July 14, 2008, 02:20:08 PM »
BS..
That is a fairy tale told by white supremist organizations to scare people. I wouldn't hire anyone who showed up for an interview looking like a fool, even if he were MORE qualified. And no one would be expected to either.

Perhaps Hornet used a someone exaggerated example, but things of this same general nature happen every day. Name a company that specifically has a policy saying "No Blacks." You can't. What you have is someone who gets turned down for a job, has a suspicion that it is because of race. This suspicion may be justified, it may be horse hockey, what matters is having the money to hire a lawyer. So they sue the company. Win or lose, time and money is spent trying prove what a supervisor, interviewer, etc, had in their mind. IOW, the fundamentally unprovable. And this makes sense to you?

The effect of this is that Blacks get treated differently in the work force. Give you one example I have lots of personal experience with. Want to go to work for the Panola County Road and Bridge department? If you are White, you best have a CDL and some heavy operating experience. And you musn't have had a felony conviction. If you are Black...you need to have not commited any felonies. That is all. They have so much trouble getting Black applicants that they will hire virtually any non-criminal, just to keep up an appearance of racial "balance" to avoid hassles. Do you not find this situation profoundly messed up?

Offline ZetaNine

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #67 on: July 14, 2008, 02:21:17 PM »
I hope you aren't really a lawyer. That was just silly.

you can't expect to keep leapfrogging the way you do and be taken seriously.  

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #68 on: July 14, 2008, 02:22:26 PM »
MT.. of course the US would turn into a ghetto in a short time if all the white people left.. more likely it would be riots and mass slaughter like most african countries.   

Are you aware of any all negro countries that are doing well?

lazs

Offline ZetaNine

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #69 on: July 14, 2008, 02:24:19 PM »
MT.. of course the US would turn into a ghetto in a short time if all the white people left.. more likely it would be riots and mass slaughter like most african countries.   

Are you aware of any all negro countries that are doing well?

lazs

liberia   ;)

Offline slipknot

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #70 on: July 14, 2008, 02:27:51 PM »
No he didn't. The author said that if all of the white people left America it would be a ghetto in 10 months. He was painting with a really broad brush.

Well how long do you think it would take?

Offline Hornet33

• Gold Member
« Reply #71 on: July 14, 2008, 02:28:51 PM »
Really? Which company? I'd love to help you guys out.

I can't discuss any of it because it's an ongoing lawsuit, but I can tell you I'm guy #1

Offline BTW

• Silver Member
« Reply #72 on: July 14, 2008, 02:35:05 PM »

So he acknowledges that thousands would be stranded without help, yet calls them IMMORAL when they are left without help.

Yep Idiotic.

But then with most of you supporting our current President I would guess this guy would be right up your alley.

Thousands were stranded. Mostly elderly, black and white, and a lot of them died because they couldn't make it the shelters of last resort.
that has nothing to do with why Nagin was at a Saint's game on Friday night instead of mobilizing those school buses. That has nothing to do with those that stayed in the city for the soul purpose of looting the city. There were still wind gusts of 50 mph when the looting began..

There was a lot of wicked in New Orleans for Katrina because there was a lot of wicked in New Orleans before Katrina. You can't have 300 murders a year without having a bunch of bad people in a city. Thats the worst of the worst of the crimes - homicide. There are rapes, assaults, robberies, and burglaries. There is a class in New Orleans (I'm sure in all major cities, but I believe more per ca pita in New Orleans) that lay in wait for an opportunity to take advantage of someone. Most of these lurkers never become murderers or part of that 300 murders statistic. But they are very bad people. Given the opportunity, they will take from you and possibly hurt you.

I cant fathom the mental gymnastics you engage in to convince yourself some of those people weren't caught on tape in the aftermath of Katrina. I don't know how anyone can rationalize or excuse the looting after Katrina and soil the names of the innocent by using them in dubious rhetoric, defending the scum.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: July 14, 2008, 02:44:12 PM »
What are you talking about? I never excused anyone PERIOD. The author of the article called the people who stayed IMMORAL. He said the evidence was there that they could have left in the 2000 buses underwater. Don't you see a little disconnect there? When were these IMMORAL people supposed to get on those buses?

Dammit people. You are so fast to rush to judgement you can't see what is written right in front of your eyes.

Offline ZetaNine

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #74 on: July 14, 2008, 02:47:14 PM »
it also underscores the culpability they the citizens have in all this........as they voted nagin in.  and if you are not in agreement with that.......than it additionally underscores the culpability the citizens have in all this by actually voting him in again...after all this happened.