Author Topic: Motorcycle Enthusiasts-Horrible Accident  (Read 2452 times)

Offline TwentyFo

• Silver Member
Re: Motorcycle Enthusiasts-Horrible Accident
« Reply #105 on: July 15, 2008, 02:48:00 PM »

Oh.. and I am not an organ donor in any case.

lazs

What is your rationale on why you choose not to be an organ donor?
XO ***THE LYNCHMOB***

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #106 on: July 15, 2008, 02:52:30 PM »
well..  I see no reason to donate my old worn out organs to anyone and..   

no matter what... it just seems like a risky thing to do. 

human nature being what it is.

lazs

Offline panzerr

• Copper Member
« Reply #107 on: July 15, 2008, 03:00:52 PM »
I wonder if the driver of the car was on a cellphone.....
Total aggravation since Tour 48...
Panzerr in game.

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #108 on: July 15, 2008, 03:04:03 PM »
What is your rationale on why you choose not to be an organ donor?

you are in the hospital, you are on the edge, could go either way, some surgeon needs a $50,000 body part, they pull your plug and "harvest your parts". It's nothing personal, it's just business.

Offline bcadoo

• Nickel Member
« Reply #109 on: July 22, 2008, 02:26:42 PM »
......yet another reason I don't ride motorcycles anymore....

This morning I was rear-ended at a redlight.  No damage to my car....smashed the heck out of his bumper.  I had been stopped for about 90 seconds....the person who hit me was reading a flight manual because he was cramming for his written pilots exam.  No drivers license....no ID except his passport.  My neck is a little stiff...I'm sure I'll be sore in the morning.  Had I been on a motorcycle I'd have been hurt much worse
The fight is the fun........Don't run from the fun!
"Nothin' cuts the taste of clam juice like a big hunk o' chocolate" - Rosie O'Donnell

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #110 on: July 22, 2008, 02:48:19 PM »

My neck is a little stiff...I'm sure I'll be sore in the morning. 

you need to see a doctor and a lawyer, not necessarily in that order.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #111 on: July 22, 2008, 03:04:46 PM »
Im not a doctor but Im running pit of patients  :aok
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #112 on: July 22, 2008, 03:31:25 PM »

This morning I was rear-ended at a redlight.  No damage to my car....smashed the heck out of his bumper.  I had been stopped for about 90 seconds....the person who hit me was reading a flight manual because he was cramming for his written pilots exam.  No drivers license....no ID except his passport.  My neck is a little stiff...I'm sure I'll be sore in the morning.  Had I been on a motorcycle I'd have been hurt much worse

HAD YOU BEEN ON A MOTORCYCLE, most lilely have seen him long before he got to hit ya, and moved.

now..cramming for his privates and no DL? if his DL is/was revoked, he won't get a pilots lisence. if he had a chance, he just blew it.

glad to hear that you're ok though/.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #113 on: July 22, 2008, 03:53:12 PM »

....the person who hit me was reading a flight manual because he was cramming for his written pilots exam.  No drivers license....no ID except his passport. 

OK, you're scaring me now. Was his name Mohammed and was he a Saudi?       :eek:
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #114 on: July 22, 2008, 04:31:53 PM »
OK, you're scaring me now. Was his name Mohammed and was he a Saudi?       :eek:

You racist!

His name was Muhammed.  The U was different. 
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline bcadoo

• Nickel Member
« Reply #115 on: July 25, 2008, 01:46:38 AM »

Actually....his name was Nikhil. 
The fight is the fun........Don't run from the fun!
"Nothin' cuts the taste of clam juice like a big hunk o' chocolate" - Rosie O'Donnell

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #116 on: July 25, 2008, 02:14:23 AM »
Why would any sane person ride a motorcycle?

Sorry you had to witness tht but big <S> for actually doing something. It's amazing how many people will just stand around dumbfounded when a accident happens and do nothing to help.

Man I have to agree with you.. I love motorcycles and grew up riding dirt bikes and ATV's. Hell I even live in Daytona Beach home of Bike Week but you won't ever catch me on a bike anymore. I totally trust myself to be aware of what's going on, but you just can't control everything and riding a bike you put your life in the hands of others. Every year here in Daytona several bikers die during Bike Week and then during Biketoberfest.

Granted driving a car is also at risk but at least you have some protection. Another thing is I'm very careful who I will ride in a car with, meaning who the driver is. I will very rarely ever ride in someone else's car, I always drive myself and wont ride with anyone unless I totally trust them. I guess my days of racing made me very cautious.
"strafing"

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #117 on: July 25, 2008, 02:38:57 AM »
In the previous 5 pages of posts I noticed a few opinions that (to me) indicated a belief that a death or injury could have occurred just as easily had this involved 2 automobiles.

Of course each individual accident's factors will vary, but overall the figures show a fairly predictive pattern when comparing motorcycle fatalities verses automobile fatalities.

Yea stats show it all IMO...

I've witnessed a few wrecks in my time.. One was almost the same thing as this motorcycle crash..

I was sitting at a red light at a busy intersection, and a ford SUV with a bunch of teen girls (teen driver likely 16 to 17) are in the turn lane trying to turn across the traffic. There was a Big box van on the other side of the intersection tryi8ng to turn the other way. So the teens in the SUV couldn't see the traffic coming they intended to cross.

Whats the dumb girl do? Pulls out and tries to cross and gets T-Boned by a on coming car. I jumped out of my truck and went to help them almost instantly and luckily none of them were hurt. The girls in the SUV were just shaken up and the girl in the other car had a bloody nose from the air bag.

Speed limit was 45 mph on the street so it was a fairly high speed impact and they all walked away unharmed.

Another one that amazed me was a big 70's or 80's Ford LTD was speeding down a side street next to my house and didn't stop at a stop sign. The car ran into (T boned) a smaller front wheel drive import and literally ripped the whole front end off the import car (engine and all) and the big Ford LTD did about 4 barrel rolls down the street. was a crazy thing to witness.

Amazing enough the people in the compact car were unharmed (luckily the bigger car hit them on the front half). There were also 5 people in the LTD and none of them had their seat belt on but again amazingly enough none were seriously harmed. I'm betting they were doing about 50mph when they broadsided the smaller car.

So yea as others say lots of people die in car wrecks, but many walk away with almost no injuries. Yet almost no one in a motorcycle crash walks away with no injuries. Obviously people aren't gonna stop riding motorcycles, but IMO they are pretty crazy to ride them these days, with so much traffic out there.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 02:44:44 AM by crockett »
"strafing"

Offline SD67

• Gold Member
« Reply #118 on: July 25, 2008, 02:50:21 AM »
I've walked away from a few motorcycle accidents. A couple of them if I'd been in a car I'd be dead. :O
I guess it's just where your perspective is.
9GIAP VVS RKKA
You're under arrest for violation of the Government knows best act!
Fabricati diem, punc
Absinthe makes the Tart grow fonder

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #119 on: July 25, 2008, 02:58:31 AM »
I've walked away from a few motorcycle accidents. A couple of them if I'd been in a car I'd be dead. :O
I guess it's just where your perspective is.

Well if you have been in enough accidents that you can say "a couple of them" and not mean all of them, then I'd have to say you are doing something wrong and likely pushing your luck.
"strafing"