Author Topic: hmmmm another lucky hit%  (Read 4461 times)

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
Re: hmmmm another lucky hit%
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2008, 12:55:00 PM »
Sounds like Biggamer in the MW.

ack-ack

Well....it depends what the allegation is.   
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 01:12:31 PM by LYNX »

Offline Dinan

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2008, 12:56:37 PM »
Vulching a shade at 4am?

Offline Ranger45

• Zinc Member
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2008, 12:59:41 PM »
Could someones life actually be dull enough to car about someone elses hit %, or even take the time to check other peoples stats.  Don't let this game get "ownage" of you.

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2008, 01:36:05 PM »
Could someones life actually be dull enough to car about someone elses hit %, or even take the time to check other peoples stats.  Don't let this game get "ownage" of you.

No one cares about score.  It's public humiliation.... B4 the lock.  As yet there is no proof to one of the allegation.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 02:11:01 PM by LYNX »

Offline saantana

• Nickel Member
      • Dywizjon 308
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2008, 02:06:42 PM »
<- pwned skyrock  :furious
Saantana
308 Polish Squadron RAF
http://dywizjon308.servegame.org

"I have fought a good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept my faith"

Offline kj714

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2008, 02:24:50 PM »
60 kills of bombers, 15 kills of fighters, hit% 30........................... hmmmmm.......................

someone gets very lucky finding bombers and having such a high K/D to them......

:noid

Eh, I don't know, I think you gotta look at their attack stats too in order to get a feel for it. I know some players who only really up fighter category to engage bombers and use attack mode for everything else because they like their fighter score to look good for whatever reason.

It's not that "lucky" to find a bunch of bombers, Bish use them alot on base takes, or just float around your cv, you'll catch them. I don't think Rooks so much, more jabo with them, except when cv's involved.

How many hours do they have in fighters? You tell me 60 bombers in 5 hours  :confused:, but 60 bombers in 10 or 15 hours, sure.

Offline lagger86

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2008, 02:40:45 PM »
My miss % is in the high 90's
Lagger

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2008, 02:44:28 PM »
Names?
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2008, 02:53:32 PM »
Eh, I don't know, I think you gotta look at their attack stats too in order to get a feel for it. I know some players who only really up fighter category to engage bombers and use attack mode for everything else .

Yup, a lot of people only score as fighter when flying a 262 or 163 and will often use one of those to attack a large buff mission. I can think of several people that do this and there's nothing unethical about it.

Anyone that manipulates their statistics unethically, is only doing so as an attention getting device, they are rendering their statistics useless as a potential tool for self-improvement.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 03:01:19 PM by Zazen13 »
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2008, 02:58:26 PM »
I really HATE cheaters... but they're here to stay. Killing a second acct. I don't like but not so worried about because it only has to do with score. The new kids on the block cable pulling and picture taking is pretty aggravating without a doubt but theres nothing we can do about it or the two week acct.

I have a decent hit% and it's mostly due to a good aim, being stingy with the ammo and killing bombers whenever I get the chance. Recently our squad up'ed a bunch of Hurri 1's for fun and I was surprised to see my hit% go up from 12 to 16 in one sortie. I was able to kill 1 bomber and 2 planes with it. i think I'll be taking it out again :D It takes a lot of ammo to put something down but the reward was really in the satisfaction of making it home with kills.

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
      • http://www.bops.us
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2008, 03:10:19 PM »

these timid scoretwits need to be investigated...........

:noid

Why?

Offline Pannono

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2008, 03:19:51 PM »
Just in case Lusche's method doesnt work:
Pannono
Proud Member of Pigs On The Wing
8 Player H2H: 2006-07
MA Tours: 87, 97-113, 143-144, 160-Present
FSO: JG54

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2008, 03:25:12 PM »
Skyrock, how are you determining this?  The only way I can see to find these gems would be going down the list of players checking each one out?  (If so, why, bother ????)

<S>
"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2008, 03:25:59 PM »
Why?

Because it cheapens the game experience. With peeps who game the game, my $14.95 investment turns out to be $0.02 worth only.

If you claim anything else, you're nothing but communist.

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2008, 03:34:09 PM »
Skyrock, how are you determining this?  The only way I can see to find these gems would be going down the list of players checking each one out?  (If so, why, bother ????)

<S>

I've always advocated a publicly accessable timestamped logging system like Airwarrior had. It was quite fun to read. If you had some imagination you could replay the battle in your mind from the logs. It was especially fun to read if you also had film from one perspective. You could deduce what transpired before you engaged and after you died. Also, when you pulled up someone's scoresheet, you could see the last 8-10 people they had shot down and the last person they got killed by. If we had something like this it would be as obvious as a dog's balls if someone were unethically manipulating the scoring system and the identity of their "stooge" account would be revealed to those that cared to know for witch-hunting purposes.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 03:40:04 PM by Zazen13 »
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc