Author Topic: I have a question..  (Read 1178 times)

Offline Sweet2th

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Re: I have a question..
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2008, 12:50:40 AM »
I was flying a couple of weeks ago, with a C.205. I saw a Niki Dive in about 3K away from me, so I just watched. I had some alt, but not a whole lot. I see this Niki coming from about 9 and just pulled out of his dive. I knew he had a lot more E than me and I know that he could have counterd almost any of my moves that I coukd have done, other then turn into him and HO, which I didn't want to do.
Of course, I died. So my question is, how would you have counterd that?

Never let the enemy know what your going to do before you do it !

make them see one thing while planning an entirley different thing all together.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2008, 01:47:45 AM »
Give him your 6.  Turn on WEP if you need to.  Let him dive for you.  As he draws nearer, gradually nose down building speed.  When he hits 1000 pull to near black-out. 

Against a pilot with experience.. BOOM, you're dead.

Bosco, if he pulls out of his dive level and you have time, you must turn into him, he is going to certainly commit to the HO which gives you the initiative for the next move if not the E gain immediate advantage.  After the HO, you could simply nose down and leave if you wanted to. You can watch his next move to make a decision. 
If he goes up, you have to decide if you want to fight a better turner who is also on top of you... a tough spot. Getting a nik to overshoot is easy, but you have to stay oult of his gun solution in the process.. tricky if your nik pilot is experienced.... luckily, there are few of those.
If he breaks hard but not in the vert, it tells you that you have a rookie pilot and that you can convert the fight to vert, and take him from there.

If, for some insane reason, he goes down in a split S to get back to you, you can split S as well and your slower plane will allow you a canopy shot as he goes under you.  If you miss, you could decide to stay nose down and simply leave.

Don't let a better turning plane dictate the fight to your faster plane.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 02:29:28 AM by Steve »
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2008, 04:11:15 AM »
Great advice.  Now, what do you do with the other five that jumped in?     :)

This was more of a joke than a serious question....Sorry I just had to do it.       :D

Fred
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 04:12:47 AM by bmwgs »
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2008, 08:31:01 AM »

Nope.  I can tell you from first hand experience it still works.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Odisseo

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2008, 08:44:17 AM »
give him your 6, keep some speed but don't get too fast (or he will follow you when turning), at d1.5k (more or so) start a looong turn keeping lvl, at d800 close the turn, as soon you'r out of enemy fire line transform your turn in a vertical barrel roll (you will roll over the enemy who's starting to climb after is dive).
For few seconds you will get on his close 6, if you'r aim is good it will be enought to ripp him and at least to ping it and to make him nervous.

Have fun!
Save Swiss Milk, drink Beer!

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2008, 03:43:41 PM »

give him your 6, keep some speed but don't get too fast (or he will follow you when turning), at d1.5k (more or so) start a looong turn keeping lvl, at d800 close the turn, as soon you'r out of enemy fire line transform your turn in a vertical barrel roll (you will roll over the enemy who's starting to climb after is dive).
For few seconds you will get on his close 6, if you'r aim is good it will be enought to ripp him and at least to ping it and to make him nervous.

Have fun!

Get a Zeke going +-400 mph in a power dive ... wait till he gets in tight ... pull up hard and to the right (Zekes cannot turn very well at speed, especially to the right) ... he will not be able to follow ... guaranteed.

I do this in the F6F if needed. Not only will he not be able to follow, but the zoom capabilities of the F6F can put me above the Zeke and into a dominate position to drop down on him ... if he continues to try and follow.

YMMV
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2008, 04:15:45 PM »
Get a Zeke going +-400 mph in a power dive ... wait till he gets in tight ... pull up hard and to the right (Zekes cannot turn very well at speed, especially to the right) ... he will not be able to follow ... guaranteed.

I do this in the F6F if needed. Not only will he not be able to follow, but the zoom capabilities of the F6F can put me above the Zeke and into a dominate position to drop down on him ... if he continues to try and follow.

YMMV

Oh, I'm sorry.  I thought we were talking about a guy in a c205 being attacked by a nik, not whatever we feel like making it.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2008, 04:18:29 PM »
Oh, I'm sorry.  I thought we were talking about a guy in a c205 being attacked by a nik, not whatever we feel like making it.

:rofl

I guess there are too many Japanese plane threads at the top of this forum.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2008, 07:40:05 AM »
Check your PM's BaldEgl
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2008, 10:33:30 AM »

:rolleyes: ... sorry ... I must have confused this thread with the "HELP me to kill Zeeks" thread.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2008, 12:14:26 PM »
Nope, this is the "I have a question.." thread. :D
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."