Author Topic: Titanic tuesday server down?  (Read 723 times)

Offline MajIssue

• Silver Member
      • "False Prophets"
Titanic tuesday server down?
« on: July 15, 2008, 10:28:36 PM »
had a wierd disco in The Titanic Tuesday arena...  Arena is now closed...anybody else? and does anybody know what happened?
X.O. False Prophets
Altitude is Life
If you keep ignoring "Wife Ack" it will go away.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Titanic tuesday server down?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 10:31:29 PM »
I'm still in and had no problems. But I'm reading quite a lot of complaints about the server right now on CH200.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 10:32:08 PM »
weird things are happening in titanic tuesday, I typed I need supplies at v85. The message didnt appear in space bar,figured I accidentally put a . at the beggining. Tried it 3 more times and it still wasn't showing. Then all of a sudden all 4 messages appeard at same time. Was noticing others do the same sorta thing,people complainig about damsge just appearing from 3min ago and stuff like that.
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2008, 12:46:21 AM »
I was PMing someone, and ended up getting the replies about 20 minutes later.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2008, 12:50:52 AM »
For about 3 mins i couldn't be killed or kill anything...it was strange...i recorded it for HT to see. Then all of the sudden i was in the tower with no kill message, 5 mins later i hear the sounds of 20s hitting me and got a death message. this was after i was sitting in tower scratching my head for 5 mins
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2008, 12:52:24 AM »
I ended up getting discoed for about 3 minutes there, but other people were unaffected.  Then I could get back in again... /shrug.  Something clogged the series of tubes for a bit.
Boildown

This is the Captain.  We have a lil' problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Boildown is Twitching: http://www.twitch.tv/boildown

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2008, 12:52:32 AM »
I landed and when I /.ef, I was dropped in the ocean several hundred miles away and could not quit the sortie.  When I ctrl/alt/del to end the game, I found that the arena was closed for about 20 minutes.  After that, everything was as usual.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2008, 01:39:15 AM »
They'll figure it out but I'm thinking it's a problem that started in the beginning of the month in Orange at the time of TT.

I checked some of the guy's scores for disco's along with my own and noticed many boots. I was getting booted on the hour for a while, did some tweaking and don't know If i fixed it or they fixed it after TT was gone. I think i remember AKDG being booted 18 times during that period. I was like 12 or 13 and my squads Icons were showing up many sectors away from where they really were. UFO's were rampant as well.

Offline ian5440

• Nickel Member
      • http://rollingthunder.spruz.com/main.asp
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2008, 01:42:39 AM »
some weird things happened once the server got back up too,
one of my squaddies's icon was in a completly diff place than he was and was "invisible" for a short while
~~~~~~Hellkitty Dweeb~~~~~~
~~~~~~Wildcat Dweeb~~~~~~~

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2008, 05:14:29 AM »
Arena was getting busy and the old fashion dot bugs started to appear.  A little later Bish put out close to 200 dry spawned troops at port p61, inside a 1 minute period.   That really smoked the bacon.

Offline Flatbar

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2008, 12:41:54 PM »
.  A little later Bish put out close to 200 dry spawned troops at port p61, inside a 1 minute period.   That really smoked the bacon.

Which is the reason this 'feature' needs addressing by HTC.

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2008, 01:00:09 PM »
Arena was getting busy and the old fashion dot bugs started to appear.  A little later Bish put out close to 200 dry spawned troops at port p61, inside a 1 minute period.   That really smoked the bacon.

I was getting shot up by one of your buddies while that happened, I hit the ground and was stuck in limbo, no death no nothing. Had to AltF4 to exit. Thought maybe it was just me.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2008, 01:05:20 PM »
Seems this happens much more on Tuesdays when the server is over-taxed with players.

Makes me wonder how CT is going to work with hundreds and hundreds of bombers and fighters all in the same area, when it can't even run with folks scattered all over the map.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2008, 01:07:39 PM »
Seems this happens much more on Tuesdays when the server is over-taxed with players.

Makes me wonder how CT is going to work with hundreds and hundreds of bombers and fighters all in the same area, when it can't even run with folks scattered all over the map.

Faulty info Krusty. Skuzzy's said over n over that a peak arena uses less than 5% of server capacity. Do a search and check it out.

Offline smokey23

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2008, 01:18:18 PM »
To bad it doesnt stay down TT is a waste of time its a product of sniveling furballers. get the large TT maps out of the regular rotation