Author Topic: list enemy names  (Read 2246 times)

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Re: list enemy names
« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2008, 07:33:44 PM »
Although, I've suggested before, if I we wanted to add a more realistic "surprise" element, we might consider making icons fade to a neutral background color beyond a certain distance.

This idea, I like.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline BlauK

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34/
« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2008, 12:14:41 PM »
I like the idea of the icon fading in from a certain range, instead of popping up at near 6k out.  And It would be nice if it did just say, "con", in red until it got closer.  As it gets closer, as mentioned earlier, it would display the distance from your plane.  I don't think that the icon should identifiy the enemy con's plane model.

I'd love it, if the icons would fade in only after one keeps looking at them for a while (e.g. for 1 second). Outside of one's viewing direction they would fade out at same speed. Thus one would need to look around constantly to keep the icons on... to keep one's SA, like in RL ;)
It is fairly easy to loose any target if one looks away for a moment.

I believe WW2OL has icons working something like this. At first they are just grey dots with some distance info, but if one looks at them longer, they gradually get friendly/enemy and plane type info.

BlauKreuz - Lentolaivue 34      

Offline BEARING3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2008, 03:45:10 PM »
as to agree with slapshot, if you ain't got it, you are screwed. I know many good pilots that play this game with good system. no crying allowed

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2008, 09:33:32 PM »
I'm all for making "who killed who" LESS known.  I'm also for making the "name in lights" go away altogether, or let it be for team only.  I think it clutters up the text.  Let the text bar be for txt'ing between players and game info ("Hanger Destroyed", or "You shot down Spit16", etc).

Also, just building on my earlier idea of enemy icons: I'm thinking at 6k it should say "CON1" in red (or CON2 or CON3 for bomber flights), at 3k it says what model in red (109, Spit, A6M, P51, P38, Yak, B25, etc), and at 400yrds it says what variant it is also in red (Spit16, 109G14, 190A8, B25C, P47N, etc).   
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline BEARING3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2008, 09:18:34 AM »
Thank you slapshot. When I was on DSL, I could not controll the server, warp was built in. Thanks to wireless technology, I  no longer have to be filtered by a layer of internet., or be a slave.

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2008, 10:29:03 AM »
"Lol zzzzzzzzzz, nice auger loser."

See, thats harsh, I'm only reading the thread and someone spots me already....lmao..... :D :D :D

(No offence Bald, couldnt resist it!)

<S>

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.