Author Topic: list enemy names  (Read 2255 times)

Offline NEARY

• Nickel Member
      • The 18th FG Killer Chihuahuas
list enemy names
« on: July 05, 2008, 02:15:31 PM »
I think that when you see an enemy pilot it should list the pilots name under the icon of which plane they are flying. that way if someone is warping everywhere and you want to report them to ah, ah will be able to find out who it is and then possibly send them an e-mail telling them to stop or ah will freeze thier account. Plus, sometimes you just want to know who you are flying against.
The 18th FG Killer Chihuahuas.since tour 97.        CO: KCTHUNDR(me)
 ( NEARY tours 96- 107) 2nd in command: Penguin. www.freewebs.com/18thfg   in game i.d.: KCTHUNDR

OBey Teh ChIHuaHUa!!! BWAHAHAHAHA!!!11!!!1

Offline AirFlyer

• Silver Member
Re: list enemy names
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2008, 02:19:03 PM »
Hit Alt + R to begin filming. You can then see there name when you review the film.
Tours: Airflyer to 69 - 77 | Dustin57 92 - 100 | Spinnich 100 - ?
"You'll always get exactly what you deserve." Neil

Offline ian5440

• Nickel Member
      • http://rollingthunder.spruz.com/main.asp
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2008, 03:17:21 PM »
I think that when you see an enemy pilot it should list the pilots name under the icon of which plane they are flying. that way if someone is warping everywhere and you want to report them to ah, ah will be able to find out who it is and then possibly send them an e-mail telling them to stop or ah will freeze thier account. Plus, sometimes you just want to know who you are flying against.

that ruins it. we have the luxury of having icons period, in RL No Icons
also in RL, you didnt know the skill of the pilot you were going against.

if this were to hapen, the second Paccerr or Snailman or a high skill player shows up, many will leave
~~~~~~Hellkitty Dweeb~~~~~~
~~~~~~Wildcat Dweeb~~~~~~~

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2008, 03:29:34 PM »

Play longer, you'll know WHO or WHAT SQUAD you're going up against.  Personally, I'd rather have icons eliminated altogether.   Just send the films in.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline SD67

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2008, 07:32:56 PM »
If you really really want to know, just shoot them down :aok
K is right though, once you've been about for a while, you get to know who's in what... it's like the force :lol :noid
9GIAP VVS RKKA
You're under arrest for violation of the Government knows best act!
Fabricati diem, punc
Absinthe makes the Tart grow fonder

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2008, 08:04:35 PM »
bad idea    :salute
Lighten up Francis

Offline AirFlyer

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2008, 09:30:10 PM »
Personally, I'd rather have icons eliminated altogether.

The MA's would become completely unplayable then. You could get away with that in AvA but in the MA's how am I supposed to know if that's a friendly Spit or unfriendly since all three sides can fly them.
Tours: Airflyer to 69 - 77 | Dustin57 92 - 100 | Spinnich 100 - ?
"You'll always get exactly what you deserve." Neil

Offline BnZ

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2008, 09:56:59 PM »
Play longer, you'll know WHO or WHAT SQUAD you're going up against.  Personally, I'd rather have icons eliminated altogether.   Just send the films in.

Eliminating icons in flight sims just isn't practically possible.

I wear glasses, and I can still identify individual aircraft a mile (5,500 feet) away. In AH, I couldn't tell the difference between a Jug and a 109 at 1K without icons. I can't imagine the level of monitor size and graphic quality that would render icons superfulous, but there would have to be some titanic screens and some unreal resolutions,  and thus would probably be impractical.

Although, I've suggested before, if I we wanted to add a more realistic "surprise" element, we might consider making icons fade to a neutral background color beyond a certain distance.

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2008, 11:44:22 PM »
If you really really want to know, just shoot them down :aok

or....... get shot down by them as is my method :)

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline SD67

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2008, 11:45:04 PM »

or....... get shot down by them as is my method :)

Yeah, that's the way I usually end up doing it too...:lol
9GIAP VVS RKKA
You're under arrest for violation of the Government knows best act!
Fabricati diem, punc
Absinthe makes the Tart grow fonder

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2008, 12:33:43 AM »
I'm not sure I like this idea it would either go one of two ways for me. One, everyone would run because they see its Bearkats! Two, they would all gang and HO me because they see Bearkats!

Please note the obvious joking tone to my post. :D
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline trotter

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2008, 02:22:10 AM »
Enemy names would be awful. There's already so much discrimination in target selection based on AC type and E state (not bad tactics at all, mind you). Imagine if we had names visible to go along with that.

Turn off ch 200, like I do, and you'll see that the game is much more fun. There should be that fog of war, that divide between friend and foe, otherwise you are just playing another Battlefield game.

Offline h338

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2008, 07:39:38 AM »
naw cuz then every time they see pacerr, SHawk, VansCrew (Vandetta), or me  :rofl no i fricken suck, anyways when they see those names 90% of them will be running home with their tail tucked between their legs  :lol

and yes, after about a year you see a certain type of plane and start going through a list of who it could be

P-51
1.Rogentx  :salute
2.Uptown4  :salute
3. some noob who doesnt know how to fly it

bf-109
1.Adonai
2.stampf
3.any various guy in a squad starting with JG or jagdgeschwader or JV
« Last Edit: July 06, 2008, 07:50:19 AM by h338 »
IN GAME ID:MRjingls
MA:~~~THE UNFORGIVEN BW~~~
Jinglein all over the map since TOUR:86
claims the coolest name in Aces High

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2008, 11:36:19 AM »

And why would HTC "freeze" their account ? ... because they "warped" ?

In the course of a Tour, I can encounter hundreds of enemy planes ... and I can count on 1 hand, if at all, the amount of people that have a "warping" problem ... and their problem is most likely due to the internet service that is available to them.

What some don't realize is that when you see someone warp ... it could very well be YOUR connection that is causing the warp and not theirs.

This request smacks of insinuating people are warping on purpose ... if you think that is the case ... start film and send it in. Just knowing their "name" and then sending in an email crying that so-and-so was warping and expecting a resulting action from HTC just isn't going to happen.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2008, 11:54:18 AM »
Eliminating icons in flight sims just isn't practically possible.

I wear glasses, and I can still identify individual aircraft a mile (5,500 feet) away. In AH, I couldn't tell the difference between a Jug and a 109 at 1K without icons. I can't imagine the level of monitor size and graphic quality that would render icons superfulous, but there would have to be some titanic screens and some unreal resolutions,  and thus would probably be impractical.

Although, I've suggested before, if I we wanted to add a more realistic "surprise" element, we might consider making icons fade to a neutral background color beyond a certain distance.

I wear glasses. 
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC