Author Topic: i have a couple of questions...  (Read 5150 times)

Offline goober69

• Nickel Member
Re: i have a couple of questions...
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2008, 03:15:31 PM »
in no mater which plane i dive bomb in i always pretty much come in at 75/90 degree angle. as close to straight up and down i can get. for rockets i use the center of the sight cause at that angle it is usualy dead on. for bombs i have a dot on the bottom of my site and i aim with that. i can kill a hanger in one pass by droping 8 rockets on it, letting the sight pull through to my bottom dot then droping 2 1k'ers.  about 75% sucess rate. i usualy drop aroud 4-5 k over target and pull out. but you can drop before you even get into ack. i cant hit very acutrately like that though.

\i have a site made it looks like this      :  top dot is for guns bottom for bombs.  my favorite jabo is the p47-d40 it has dive flaps so it makes it easy to come in from 15-16k drop and egress only thing is it only has one feul tank. but you can fix that by taking the centerline DT and saving it.  trick is to come in and already be heading in your exit line when you start your run. you dont have to reorient yourself to leave the area.

if your target is south of your base fly to the south o f the target and come out heading north.

also when jaboing in a 47 i take the lightest gun package unless i may have to strafe buildings all the weight does make a difference
flying as Marvin57
"we few we happy few,
  we band of brothers;"
W.S  Henery V