Author Topic: Arena cap and being booted when it is changed  (Read 707 times)

Offline Boxboy

• Nickel Member
Arena cap and being booted when it is changed
« on: July 19, 2008, 03:38:16 PM »
Twice now in the last couple of days I have logged into an arena, then after abit bang host disconnection come back only find the arena cap has been lowered and I can no longer get into the arena I chose to begin with. 

Needless to say this is annoying, if I had logged on and the arena is full that is one thing, but have it changed by a person/program and be booted off so they can force me to a different arena with a different map is just madding.

If this is going to continue make BOTH maps the same, I hate the tanktown map and NEVER fly that map if I can avoid it.  I know there are guys who love the GV game and that is fine I say make an arena for them since the mid war and early war are so under used (obiviously the Big Fast Iron is all anyone wants to play).

We could retain the DA and AVA and other stuff but drop the early and mid and make them tanker/tank buster maps for those of that ilk.
Sub Lt BigJim
801 Sqn FAA
Pilot

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
Re: Arena cap and being booted when it is changed
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2008, 03:47:43 PM »
o that is not going to go over well :O
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2008, 04:34:53 PM »
Arena cap resizing doesn't boot anyone.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2008, 06:26:07 PM »

....except when Boxboy comes on. We all know Skuzzy has it out for him and has set it up to boot him as often possible.  :huh

Offline acfireguy26

• Nickel Member
      • FW
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2008, 06:28:16 PM »
I call BS it happens to me ALOT.

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2008, 06:31:16 PM »
That is not what he is saying. He's saying that after a disconnect, the arena cap size has reduced and he can't get it. Yes, that happens. For example, the arena was 267/400 when he was discoed (for any reason). The arena selection screen then shows 251/200 for that arena and he can't get in.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2008, 06:50:36 PM »
That is not what he is saying.

I'm still thinking he did:

but have it changed by a person/program and be booted off so they can force me to a different arena with a different map is just madding.

To me that's implying that someone is actively booting him to attain a certain effect.(If not, correct me Boxboy)

I call BS it happens to me ALOT.

Arenas are resizing all the time. People disco all the time vor a plethora of reasons. Just because someone disco's and CAP resized, it doesn't mean the two things are related.

If it the server would do such thing.. boot people when arena cap comes down, why do you still see numbers like 260/200? Why aren't the other players booted? Why only you?

:noid

Offline Boxboy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2008, 06:51:50 PM »
Thanks Rolex you got it, and I couldn't careless HOW I got booted just results after.

As for the board bullies (a big bronx cheer)
Sub Lt BigJim
801 Sqn FAA
Pilot

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2008, 06:52:36 PM »
What people think happens:
The arena cap boots them and lowers to make them go to another arena pissed off.

What really happens:
The arena cap changes while they're in, they lose their connection, and see the lower cap upon logging back in.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2008, 06:54:56 PM »
Thanks Rolex you got it, and I couldn't careless HOW I got booted just results after.

I got you wrong then :)

Offline Boxboy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2008, 06:59:19 PM »
Still doesn't address the issue of changed Maps Hub, why don't you old Hacks read the post instead of trying to wax wise all the time as you can see by my post numbers I hardly ever come in here and post.
Sub Lt BigJim
801 Sqn FAA
Pilot

Offline DoNKeY

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2008, 10:21:55 PM »

If it the server would do such thing.. boot people when arena cap comes down, why do you still see numbers like 260/200? Why aren't the other players booted? Why only you?

Come on lusche, we all know the answer to that one...

2sBlind

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2008, 10:45:41 PM »
I was going to post almost the exact same thing today.

I logged into LW Orange today (arena at ~225 of 300 or 350).  I flew a goon to where a base capture attempt was happening, landed by the town and was sitting there waiting as a couple of GV's approached to finish off the town when I got discoed.

When I went to try to log back on the arena was at 225 of 100!  I banged on the server for a half hour before I got back in, although I did check into the other arena and I too won't play on NDIsles unless I absolutely have to.

I was PO'd.

LW Orange was acting up today.  There were a few times I'd click on something and the delay was several seconds before it would respond (tower to hanger, inside the hanger, airfield to airfield, etc.).
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2008, 10:51:24 PM »
It's frustrating, but really, how can you solve it?
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2008, 10:59:19 PM »
None of us here speak for HTC, but I have always found them to be reasonable people. If a better way of doing something is presented, I trust they will consider it. They don't wake up every day and think of ways to make life miserable for their customers.

However, if there is no real problem, but a childish, love muffin method is used to whine about it (think collision thread), it won't get much attention. I'm not saying that is the case here.

The split arena concept has been here for a while now. I think many people have left an arena and not been able to return to it soon after that. The over capacity usually doesn't last very long until the arenas begin to balance again. It may seem irritating that the arena numbers will not update while you are sitting there. You have to log off completely, then log in again with your login name. I'm not sure everyone knows that and a message explaining it might help. Or, having the arena screen update every 10 seconds or so would be nice.