Author Topic: Waterboarding..Interrogation or Torture?(video)  (Read 2854 times)

Offline Hazzer

• Copper Member
      • Fleetwood town F.C. Cod Army
Re: Waterboarding..Interrogation or Torture?(video)
« Reply #135 on: July 21, 2008, 01:52:27 PM »
 This present Labour government has been the most authoritarian Government the British people have had in living memory,and I speak as someone who has voted Labour all my life.

I shall vote them out next election.I want my freedoms protected not taken away.

I have a lot of time for the Conservative politician David Davis,who's just ruined his career,making a stand on the freedoms we have in this country,and are threatened not by wacko fundamentalist Muslims, but are own Democratically elected Government.

Waterboarding is Torture.Torture is Morally wrong,if we except that their is a universal Morality,and that we in the West try to adhere to it,then we should not be torturing people;not only is it wrong,but it's counter productive, breeds terrorist's and leaves you with unreliable intelligence,assuming you get any intelligence at all.

I'm sure the Viet cong either got no intelligence off Senator John  mcain,or what they did get was useless. ;)

"I murmured that I had no Shoes,till I met a man that had no Feet."

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #136 on: July 21, 2008, 01:54:06 PM »
you nuked two cities less than 100 years ago, you are not fooling anyone but yourself.

In the August 1943 Quebec Agreement, which renewed “full and effective” interchange between Great Britain and the United States, the two nations pledged not to use the bomb either against each other or against a third party without mutual consent.

You meant "we nuked two cities less than 100 years ago" right?

I'm telling you your righteous indignation is a joke.

Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #137 on: July 21, 2008, 01:57:19 PM »
oh nice edit yeager.... I'm not holding it agaisnt you, I'm telling you your quest to be the moral leaders of the world is a joke.

Dont sweat it.  next time your puny nations bellybutton is in a lurch there will be Americans dying, again, to save your little wealth of a kingdom from its own stupidity, again.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
« Reply #138 on: July 21, 2008, 02:06:03 PM »
that you seem to think banning torture will make America the world's moral guardians.....

We are not going to ban torture.
(it has been banned by fifth and eight amendments ever since we adopted constitution, and 18 U.S.C. § 2340 makes it illegal everywhere in the world)

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #139 on: July 21, 2008, 02:10:27 PM »
Does the eighth amendment prohibit cruel and unusual punishments if the cruelty is common?

Just wondering.
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #140 on: July 21, 2008, 02:10:35 PM »
In the August 1943 Quebec Agreement, which renewed “full and effective” interchange between Great Britain and the United States, the two nations pledged not to use the bomb either against each other or against a third party without mutual consent.

You meant "we nuked two cities less than 100 years ago" right?

I'm telling you your righteous indignation is a joke.

I'm not blaming the USA, Im stating the facts. Did you stop and bother to ask me if i thought the atomic attacks were a good idea? no, you just assume you know everything I think. My point is one of neutral viewpoint. Do you think the japanese have forgotten or forgiven the attacks?

We are not going to ban torture.
(it has been banned by fifth and eight amendments ever since we adopted constitution, and 18 U.S.C. § 2340 makes it illegal everywhere in the world)

And there in lies the krux, that we think we can command laws for the entire planet.

And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
« Reply #141 on: July 21, 2008, 02:15:57 PM »
And there in lies the krux, that we think we can command laws for the entire planet.

British empire did just that for far longer and with much worse implications than we ever will. And is not that you voluntary gave up, you just converted it to domestic affairs with rather dark results when it comes to free will of your people.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #143 on: July 21, 2008, 02:18:25 PM »

I'm not blaming the USA, Im stating the facts.

But you forgot that the British were intimately involved in the policy and the science behind the bomb.

Unless your ID info is false, you are from the UK. Hence, 'we' is the appropriate pronoun.  

Offline Hazzer

• Copper Member
      • Fleetwood town F.C. Cod Army
« Reply #144 on: July 21, 2008, 02:20:29 PM »

The European war was won in the East,the western front was a sideshow.

That said the Russians although they would have won without it,American Lend lease did make a massive difference,not the p40's or P39's but ford and Studebaker trucks made them more mobile and brought the war to a more speedy conclusion,although if it wasn't for the American's we may well be speaking Russian.

God bless America. :aok
"I murmured that I had no Shoes,till I met a man that had no Feet."

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
« Reply #145 on: July 21, 2008, 02:24:55 PM »
Does the eighth amendment prohibit cruel and unusual punishments if the cruelty is common?

As long as we do not redefine the laws which define what cruelty is, yes. It's up to lawmakers to change that.

For now courts are saying: "the torturer has become, like the pirate and the slave trader before him, hostis humani generis, an enemy of all mankind." http://openjurist.org/630/f2d/876/filartiga-v-pena-irala

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #146 on: July 21, 2008, 02:33:24 PM »
yeager.. you missed my point entirely..   I don't want any organization that is so morally bankrupt that it thinks that torture of people is ok so long as it serves a purpose... I don't want those people defining what is a good purpose or who should be allowed to be tortured.

lazs

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #147 on: July 21, 2008, 03:29:09 PM »
Amen to that.
And an old saying...who guards the guards?
It was very interesting to carry out the flight trials at Rechlin with the Spitfire and the Hurricane. Both types are very simple to fly compared to our aircraft, and childishly easy to take-off and land. (Werner Mölders)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #148 on: July 21, 2008, 03:38:00 PM »
This is done.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com