Author Topic: Shooting chutes  (Read 1862 times)

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
Re: Shooting chutes
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2008, 09:07:53 PM »

What is silly and infantile are those that get so offended about shooting chutes in a game and post over the top, melodramatic posts crying about other people shooting chutes.

Indeed! And anyway, how often does anyone ever even see someone riding a chute? 99% of the time, they auger or .ef

wtf is the problem, again?

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2008, 12:43:40 AM »
If I see a chute, it tells me the person is far too interested in their score.

I gun down chutes as a rule for that reason, but I'm nice about it; I only use the .50 cal and not my 20mm on my P38 to kill them.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2008, 02:25:22 AM »
That was a great day.  Poor Juntt.

:lol

Haha yeah, the film was great.  The way he turned round just in time to see my 109 turn him into mush.  Wonder if that film is lying around somewhere...
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2008, 02:38:58 AM »
It could be worse.  Shuffler and I still haven't recovered from the night that 4XTCH ran us over with a Tiger tank.  I was just trying to flag down a ride to the nearest pub.  Shuff with the 45 might have caused some confusion however.

Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2008, 05:21:27 AM »
I shoot every chute i see. If you are in one then _you have an agenda_. Afterall you can just exit your chute unless you are floating down to.....

defend a maproom
call out cons to your friends (FAC)
ping enemy planes on the runway for a laugh

I dont need a chute floating around and giving check6 calls to my victims  :)

Offline blkmgc

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2008, 05:54:43 AM »
I don't think I've ever been shot in the chute. Must not be in the 15 year old section of the game. <shrugs>
« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 05:58:18 AM by blkmgc »
Debdenboys.comAdministrator

Offline valdals

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2008, 06:22:28 AM »
shooting chutes is a cowardly act. only 1 reason to kill a chute. prevent a base capture or trying to protect his map room. good sportsmanship is not to be a jerk and shoot a chute for the fun of it.

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2008, 06:37:45 AM »
I usually pull the chute and float to the ground, and then .ef. It's NOT because I have some ulterior motive for doing so - it's partly habit from a prior sim where you didn't have a choice but to do so, and partly because it just feels "right" to try to get down intact if I can.

As I can only recall once when I've been shot in the chute in AH out of many hundreds of bail-outs, it's hard for me to understand how this could be a very big problem.  Maybe it's because people know who some of you are after they shoot you down, and can't resist?  Or maybe it's because it's not a big deal to me and I don't remember other incidents, but I'm pretty sure that if it happened very regularly, I'd remember.

It doesn't bother me though when it happens, or when people try. Especially since unlike other sims where when you hit the ground you towered, here there are ways a downed pilot can interfere, at least in the war part of the game.

<S>

"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2008, 06:41:22 AM »
ping enemy planes on the runway

2 kills per magazine in the .45

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2008, 11:29:10 AM »
2 kills per magazine in the .45

Actually, u can splode 'em with one or two well placed shots right in the cockpit.  Talk about pissin' ppl off.  Personally, I wait for the perk planes, I get the most irritation for the least amount of cartoon effort that way. 
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2008, 11:35:51 AM »
A person in a chute can relay alot of info. Ground vehicle positions, chk sixes.... on the silk still a threat!
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2008, 12:21:01 PM »
shooting chutes is a cowardly act. only 1 reason to kill a chute. prevent a base capture or trying to protect his map room. good sportsmanship is not to be a jerk and shoot a chute for the fun of it.

Oh, please.  You are the last person that should lecture anyone about 'good sportsmanship'.  Do you even know the meaning of the word?

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Alky

• Nickel Member
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2008, 12:58:18 PM »
  Why shoot the chute? Let him float down helplessly from 25k and let him get what he deserves to be an alt monkey... It's more fun watching him whine "Please! Some one shoot me" then hearing him say "Don't shoot me! I'm harmless up here!"
All you have to do is "end sortie" while you float down, you're not helpless when in a chute. It still counts as a bail.
George "AlkyŽ" Fisher

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2008, 01:02:55 PM »
Just for kicks ,and because of all the to shoot chutes or not talk on here i went on an offline mission and a few of the bot plane guys bailed.I was in a tempest and went at them i shot one of em (with canon) and he still lived a made another pass sprited his chute a bit (he was still ok) nicked his chute a bit with my bird,and my engine oil was taken out.(that's one tuff chute)And btw i did this offline because i dont shoot them in the game.Just a waste of good ammo for no good ression.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 01:06:57 PM by Sunka »
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2008, 03:26:46 PM »
 I believe when you bail successfully your points are slightly higher than when it states "you have been killed". so killing an enemy is valuable to reduce his points.
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.