Author Topic: Okay, we got our F6F-5, whats next?  (Read 9909 times)

Offline angelsandair

• Gold Member
      • RT Website
Re: Okay, we got our F6F-5, whats next?
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2008, 07:34:07 AM »
looking good 

typhy/temp   next       :pray

*smacks bruv119* P-40S FIRST! :D
Goto Google and type in "French military victories", then hit "I'm feeling lucky".
Here lie these men on this sun scoured atoll,
The wind for their watcher, the wave for their shroud,
Where palm and pandanus shall whisper forever,
A requiem fitting for heroes

Offline SD67

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2008, 07:47:55 AM »
Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3
Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3Yak-3
9GIAP VVS RKKA
You're under arrest for violation of the Government knows best act!
Fabricati diem, punc
Absinthe makes the Tart grow fonder

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2008, 10:23:42 AM »
N1K2's and Macchies' 3D models are from 1999...from the AH1 beta. I think it's pretty clear that either one deserves to be the next re-made plane. F4F's and P-40's are from AH 1.10 IIRC and a lot better looking models compared to the Macchi's and the N1K2. They can wait.

Personally, I think they should have been done before the F6F for the reason above...but considering the work Greebo has done for HTC and for this community, he sure deserved his ride to be remodelled! He's by far the best skinner we have.
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline angelsandair

• Gold Member
      • RT Website
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2008, 10:26:49 AM »
N1K2's and Macchies' 3D models are from 1999...from the AH1 beta. I think it's pretty clear that either one deserves to be the next re-made plane. F4F's and P-40's are from AH 1.10 IIRC and a lot better looking models compared to the Macchi's and the N1K2. They can wait.

Personally, I think they should have been done before the F6F for the reason above...but considering the work Greebo has done for HTC and for this community, he sure deserved his ride to be remodelled! He's by far the best skinner we have.

You're right, he's an F6F dweeb... I hope his next favorite plane is the P-40E/B :noid (HTC, please add the P-40N while your at it :) )
Goto Google and type in "French military victories", then hit "I'm feeling lucky".

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2008, 10:28:52 AM »
Gotta be an Axis or Russian plane next, surely adding another American plane cannot be justified?

I suspect an F6F-3, a Russian aircraft and a German aircraft.  3 new ones.  Or is that a tad optimistic?
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline angelsandair

• Gold Member
      • RT Website
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2008, 10:31:26 AM »
Gotta be an Axis or Russian plane next, surely adding another American plane cannot be justified?

I suspect an F6F-3, a Russian aircraft and a German aircraft.  3 new ones.  Or is that a tad optimistic?

Dont forget GV's. (Panther pleeze? M26? M10?)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2008, 10:32:08 AM »
Perhaps a tad.

Keep in mind the last update was the largest to date not counting AH2's first release itself.

It was the exception to the rule, not the new rule (not yet). You can probably only expect a couple of planes. Faster, smaller updates, perhaps? (that would be nice! Steady progress instead of bursts, right?)

EDIT: One word: Lancaster. Buggiest bomber flight model in the game, soaks up damage from 30mm rounds with no effect, won't catch fire. Fix this, bring it to the level of the other bombers, where it's reasonable to shoot it down.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 10:33:41 AM by Krusty »

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2008, 10:33:12 AM »
I'm thinking one more update (hopefully on the Macchis, those things look awful), and one or maybe two more aircraft from the Russian or Axis set.

Offline angelsandair

• Gold Member
      • RT Website
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2008, 10:33:31 AM »
yea, that would be awesome. Maybe have an update to a plane or 2, maybe update a plane and add a new one and release it every month. :aok

Who knows :noid :aok

Offline Speed55

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2008, 10:35:18 AM »
The new hellcat looks awesome..  :rock  

Maybe, hopefully,  it's the start of a new and improved pacific theater?
"The lord loves a hangin', that's why he gave us necks." - Ren & Stimpy

Ingame- Ozone

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2008, 10:36:43 AM »
Perhaps a tad.

Keep in mind the last update was the largest to date not counting AH2's first release itself.

It was the exception to the rule, not the new rule (not yet). You can probably only expect a couple of planes. Faster, smaller updates, perhaps? (that would be nice! Steady progress instead of bursts, right?)

EDIT: One word: Lancaster. Buggiest bomber flight model in the game, soaks up damage from 30mm rounds with no effect, won't catch fire. Fix this, bring it to the level of the other bombers, where it's reasonable to shoot it down.
That would be nice too.

I have noticed that, since I started playing a year and a half ago, we've gotten updates every six months pretty consistently, give or take a month or two. I've been here for 3 updates btw.... certainly not forever, but long enough to notice a pattern.
This interval works pretty well IMO. Honestly the awe of how nice the last update looked still hasn't gone away
« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 10:38:41 AM by Motherland »

Offline angelsandair

• Gold Member
      • RT Website
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2008, 10:38:30 AM »
Now, what I would like HTC to do is just tell nothing else and give us the patch. SUPRISE US!!

So that way, when we finally get the patch, we arent waiting in anticipation and we arent whining about when we'd get it :D

p.s. I wonder if Greebo gets to fly the F6F looking new now? It still looks like the old one to us, but new to him?

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2008, 10:39:18 AM »
Perhaps a tad.

Didn't they streamline the way they make aircraft which enables them to make them more quickly?  Last time they added a B-25 too, which is pretty much work two smaller aircraft.  So i don't think three is out of the question considering they were doing the F6F and the -3 was there mostly from the -5 anyway.

I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2008, 10:39:31 AM »
BTW if you guys haven't noticed by now they give out new screenshots every Wednesday.

Wait yesterday was Thursday... NVM lmao

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2008, 11:06:03 AM »
Would guess F6F-3, if anything completely new hopefully IJN or IJAAf.