Author Topic: LG Dare  (Read 1000 times)

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Re: LG Dare
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2008, 12:47:13 PM »
I have Verizon and the cell is our only phone since we travel constantly. I have had good luck with the Samsung and Motorola phones. I have two of the less expensive motorola flip phones with a camera. Both the wife and I use them all of the time. The camera is kinda flakey but we got them as phones, not toys or gadgets so no big deal. They have been working fine for over 2 years each. I never buy the insurance. I've never needed it in over 6 years of cell usage and 2 companies. Our contract was up in May. I'm waiting to see if they get an inexpensive qwerty keypad phone out. My Daughter in Law likes to text us quite a bit.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2008, 12:53:34 PM »
I pay $14.76 including taxes for my Nextel.   I love it.   I also enjoy telling cell phones salesmen/women "I'm not interested" ad nauseum.   Eventually, they'll "try to wear me down" and I ask "How much a plan for what I have, would cover?"   They'll usually respond "That would be our $59.99 plan sir.  Would you like to sign up today?!"    Their smiles and dollar sigh eyes turn to sheer rage when I tell them "I pay $14.76."   

I actually had one cat try and get pissy with me.   "Sir, you could have saved us time and told us."   I responded to him very stern, but attentively: "I did, you were more concerned with a sale that you ignored my "I'm not interested.  Instead, you're now mad at me, because you saw commission and thought you would get it from me."

:devil
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Panzzer

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2008, 05:36:18 PM »
I like LG products.
Every single one of them I've owned has worked flawlessly
From Cell phones to DVD players
Unfortunately for me, I do NOT like LG products.
I had a LG CRT (15") back in the 90's, the screen was dark even though I had contrast and brightness at the max. I soon sold it and bought a better display.
I thought I'd never buy an LG again, well the girlfriend brought in a DVD-player.
The DVD-player soon got fried and the blue smoke that keeps the electronics running got out, and the LG smelled like ozone (burning electricity)...

I do think that the mobiles are of better quality, but I wouldn't know as I've been using Nokia for the last 12 years (before which I had Motorola).
Panzzer - Lentorykmentti 3

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2008, 05:46:59 PM »
I've had Verizon service for about 5-6 years now. The only phones I've had were Nokias, the "candy bar" style. My first one was 4-5 years old last year when the Camaro crushed it. I bought one off of ebay for $15 and Verizon was able to swap all my stuff over to it. My battery outlasts everyone else's, and my reception is better as well. My phone goes on for hours after others quit, and it'll get a signal and get out where others won't. Yes, it is a crude, simple, cheap phone, with no camera, no trick ring tones, and no gimmicks. But it is a great PHONE. My old phone is in the shop, they're fixing it for $45 (the display crystal cracked). I'll have a spare in case I kill my newer one. I found a place online, www.cellphoneshop.net, that has all sorts of parts and stuff cheap.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline weazely

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2008, 05:48:46 PM »
400 dollars.... :rofl
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX.
Invidia V2 Catless Downpipe
STi Catback
HKS SQV BOV

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2008, 08:35:05 PM »
I bought the HTC tilt (AT&T) and I really like it. Only downfall is that you either have to use the pointy stick or the tip of your finger. Think there might be the dialing where you talk into it but I never use it. Other then that, I really enjoy it.

Also AT&T is the only wireless carrier that has a signal where I live. I tried the other local wireless companies and they all had no signal for a half mile from my house.
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2008, 11:04:03 PM »
My wife and I have been using Verizon for 10 years now.  Always LG phones.  The only problem we had with a phone is when she decided to get a Samsung.  She had to return within a month and decided to get another LG.  10 years of LG's, 0 problems.
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2008, 11:05:18 PM »
I've had Verizon service for about 5-6 years now. The only phones I've had were Nokias, the "candy bar" style. My first one was 4-5 years old last year when the Camaro crushed it. I bought one off of ebay for $15 and Verizon was able to swap all my stuff over to it. My battery outlasts everyone else's, and my reception is better as well. My phone goes on for hours after others quit, and it'll get a signal and get out where others won't. Yes, it is a crude, simple, cheap phone, with no camera, no trick ring tones, and no gimmicks. But it is a great PHONE. My old phone is in the shop, they're fixing it for $45 (the display crystal cracked). I'll have a spare in case I kill my newer one. I found a place online, www.cellphoneshop.net, that has all sorts of parts and stuff cheap.

Virg, when I worked at Office Depot my Nextel rep called those "candy bar" phones "monoliths".  LOL
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2008, 12:34:12 AM »
Here anyone who wants their salt to actually pour out when they use the salt shaker, rather than be faced with a clumpy glob of unpourable salt, puts rice in their salt shakers.

Works great.

My mothers been doing that for years
so do I
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline tatertot

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2008, 11:20:40 AM »
E..... jOSHS lg has broken 4 times sir....ive had 3...the htc 8125 i had was great,until i got my blackberry...old men need full keypads easier to text!!!,just make sure you get the insurance
We have att and if one gets out of warranty its easy to go to ebay buy one and slap your chip in.If im not mistakin you cant do that on Verizon...
THE NAME TATERTOT IS NOT FROM MY FAV FOOD !!!!!!

Offline RATTFINK

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2008, 11:26:36 AM »
I have the LG Voyage and I like it.  The LG Dare looks slimmer though.
Hitting trees since tour 78

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2008, 11:52:57 AM »
I used LG 8100 for four years without a problem and then took advantage of the 'free every two' and upgraded to Blackberry 8330.  :D I still have the 8100 just in case.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2008, 11:56:11 AM »
In college when I worked at Batteries Plus, I saw quite a fair share of cell phones in my day.  From my experience, LG is a pretty good brand.  Never saw any reoccuring problems when customers brought in their phones thinking it was a battery issue.  Motorola's can be hit or miss IMO.  I've always been a Nokia man myself, but my last phone has be second guessing them.  My wife has used Sony Ericcson on her last two phones, but I doubt she'll get another one of them.  But she literally just wears the phones out doing about 5000 minutes a month.

My last phone was Nokia 6101 flip phone, last about 16 months.  The volume was quite low as compared to other phones.  I use my phone maybe 300 minutes a month and one day I noticed a crack near on the plastic cover near the hinge.  6 hours later my phone was in two pieces.  So I had luckily saved my old Nokia 3585 candy bar phone and have been using that since.  Other than one glitch on the alarm on that phone, it's a tank, going on 5 years IIRC, just replahad to replace the dead battery (after sitting for nearly 2 years).

I've come to learn, especially from customers, that less moving parts the better.  Flip phones slamming closed can loosen wires in the speaker and the antena.  Think about how many times you open/close your phone.  Slider phones are even worse for durability.  Average use of a phone, say 1000 minutes a month, will get you about 1.5-2 years on a cellphone battery.  Heavy users like my wife, probably a year.  If you get 4-5 years, you probably applying for that AARP card :)

The slimmer and more sleek phones become, the less durable they are.  You have to realize that a lot of people are using cellphones as their only source of a phone.  Being as mobile as they are and the abuse they take, construction of a phone is very important.
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either

Offline evenhaim

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2008, 12:00:02 PM »
I just bought a blackberry curve 8320 im in love with it, but before i had my reliable razor of 2 years, thankfully orange(phone company) service is not to expensive :)
Freez/Freezman
Army of Muppets
I could strike down 1,000 bulletin board accounts in 5 seconds.
You want ownage, I'll give you ownage! -Skuzzy
I intend to live forever - so far, so good.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2008, 12:17:13 PM »
env2 looks cool.  Friend has one, likes it.
My kid just bought one...she sleeps with it....it's like the presidential aide with the nuclear football :rofl (her plan allows 1500 texts per month to NON Verizon...usually comes in about 1200--'qwerty' keyboard) We live in a fringe area, and any LG phone we've ever has sucked arse, which made me leery of it, but it works as well as my Razor for reception
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/