Author Topic: Not sure what happened.  (Read 713 times)

Offline FYB

• Silver Member
Not sure what happened.
« on: March 23, 2010, 10:33:04 PM »
Being serious right now, I'm not sure what the heck happened here.

Me: Red
Incredible shot: Havoc

I got real ticked at this especially when i viewed the film and saw he was warping and about 2k+ away getting shots at me, and then out of icon range he kills me (7k+). In a P-38, how the heck?

Anyone here able to help me on putting up the file/recorded film so i can be told what exactly happened? Not stupid posts like "What happened was you got your butt kicked", etc.

Honestly in the years I've been flying on AH I've never, and I mean never, had this happen. It was always someone at less than 1,000 yards away; and they usually ended up swiss cheesed or dead.
Most skill based sport? -
The sport of understanding women.

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
Re: Not sure what happened.
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 11:25:12 PM »
If I read this right you have the film saved and want to post it.

1) Go to http://www.mediafire.com/, it's the one I've used a time or two and works fine for me, click "Upload" and follow the on screen instructions, it's pretty simple.

2) Post the link they gave you and we should be able to download it.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 06:51:25 AM »
FYB lag can do some pretty strange things with hits, timing, etc.

Shooting is all done on our end, then if you hit, it sends a packet to the other player telling them to take Damage. If a packet gets lost and wanders around for a while, you can see some pretty strange things.

Offline FYB

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 07:58:19 PM »
FYB lag can do some pretty strange things with hits, timing, etc.

Shooting is all done on our end, then if you hit, it sends a packet to the other player telling them to take Damage. If a packet gets lost and wanders around for a while, you can see some pretty strange things.

http://www.mediafire.com/?gmldzyzwnif

It's just unbelievable though, never happened to me before, even in the most hideous of hordes where i lag out alot has this happened.

EDIT: I don't know why, but i guess i was so ticked off i told him alot of stupid things. Nothing bad, just silly, like "Report," etc.

Offline mtnman

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2010, 09:01:40 PM »
http://www.mediafire.com/?gmldzyzwnif

It's just unbelievable though, never happened to me before, even in the most hideous of hordes where i lag out alot has this happened.

EDIT: I don't know why, but i guess i was so ticked off i told him alot of stupid things. Nothing bad, just silly, like "Report," etc.

Well, it does look pretty weird...  But, that's about all that any of us can say. 

You're not going to get any conclusive answers from those of us in the 'peanut gallery'.  All we can give you are opinions, which are like lips and...  We all have 'em.  Mine (FWIW) is (a guess of) lag.  But...

Anyway...  If you want to have any real hope of finding anything out, all you can do is send it in to HTC via email.  You may not get any answers, but if HTC suspects "foul play" you can rest assured they'll take care of it.  You still won't "know" anything, but if anything is warranted it'll be cleaned up...

This kind of post won't give you any answers.  All it can do is leave you wondering, or turn into a witch hunt.  I'm sure that's not what you're looking for, I don't get that impression, but that's all that comes of these...

Send it to HTC, and go have some fun in the game.  Vent your frustration by ventilating someones plane.
MtnMan

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not". Thomas Jefferson

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2010, 09:26:10 PM »
look at MrMagoos alt during that.

-4k alt?
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline FYB

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2010, 09:37:33 PM »
I'll send it to HTC, wouldn't be surprised if it was lag. But the player wouldn't answer back, which ticked me off even more. Especially when I told him he was glitching. (Warping around, he was off my screen and then back again going everywhere)