Author Topic: The most over-rated aircraft in the hangar  (Read 7277 times)

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: The most over-rated aircraft in the hangar
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2008, 11:46:37 PM »
But, like the Spit16 if you get even a decent pilot in one, you're going to have your hands quite full usually.

Yes, but generally decent pilots have more class and look for more of a challenge then flying Spit16's, La7's and other top tier rides. Too easy/boring to fly on a regular basis just like perk rides.

Though of course there are always the exceptions who think they are the greatest thing to ever fly in the arena, are the shaws bible of ACM and will smack talk you like a teenager from da hood if you should disagree with them or heavens forbid shoot them down.  :lol

<S>...-Gixer

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2008, 11:58:49 PM »
Holy Crap on a stick!  He gets it!

ack-ack

:) :P
Tours 86 - 296

Offline SuBWaYCH

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2008, 12:38:56 AM »
Agreed, no real over rated planes, just the pilots.
Axis C.O. for Battle of the Dnieper, Winter '43

Air superiority is a condition for all operations, at sea, on land, and in the air. - Air Marshal Arthur Tedder

364th Chawks

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2008, 01:26:59 AM »
Yes, but generally decent pilots have more class and look for more of a challenge then flying Spit16's, La7's and other top tier rides. Too easy/boring to fly on a regular basis just like perk rides.

Though of course there are always the exceptions who think they are the greatest thing to ever fly in the arena, are the shaws bible of ACM and will smack talk you like a teenager from da hood if you should disagree with them or heavens forbid shoot them down.  :lol

<S>...-Gixer

Yea, this is actually a pet peeve of mine. I'm all for people doing what they find fun. But, seriously, if your one of the top 100 sticks in the game it's time to do the community a favor...Get out of the ultra-hyper-ride w/ training wheels and flying something reasonably challenging. What happens if you get too many aces in the EZ modes all the newbies see their "text buffer candy puff piece" when they land. The Next thing you know 50 new players head to the hanger half in La7's the other half in Spit16s.

The other related peeve, is the top 100 guy fighting your mediocre plan with his ez mode *hyper-ride* then if he gets you he starts spewing how fabulous his skills are over 200 for 15 minutes...If I were King highly skilled people who only flew the "hyper rides" would have to pay us perks out of their wallet if they get us...Call it an Idiot Tax the tax would be equal to the ENY value of your plane.
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline Pannono

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2008, 02:00:21 AM »
There is nothing wrong with the gun on the Firefly.  It was able to kill a Tiger with one shot in real life, no reason why it shouldn't be able to do it here.
The British 17-pounder as used on the Sherman Firefly, firing its normal APCBC ammunition, could penetrate the Tiger I frontally out to over 2,000 m.
(Supporting info)
Pannono
Proud Member of Pigs On The Wing
8 Player H2H: 2006-07
MA Tours: 87, 97-113, 143-144, 160-Present
FSO: JG54

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2008, 02:13:13 AM »
C-47.  They think they are all that...  :mad: :mad:
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2008, 02:41:05 AM »
Furball, thats just cost me an attempt to laugh chocolate covered raisens out of my nose......... :D - none to successfully I might add......

<S>

Wurzel

errr, oh yeah, its not the planes I fear!!

I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2008, 05:43:55 AM »
well yea its all about perception, alot of people overrate the LA7 because its so fast and alot overrate the Tempest because its the most expensive prop plane...  they base their opinions on info that is more or less arbitrary.

the LA is freaky fast, but has poopoo range, doesent turn very well, but all many see is the top speed and cannons and thats it...the tempest is a really solid ride, but is placed a tad high on the pedistal...  fly one into a furball and watch the conga line.

Anytime you wish to see what an La7 is capable of......give me a call.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline thrila

• Gold Member
      • The Few Squadron
« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2008, 06:23:19 AM »
In AH, I would say the 109E and spit1 are over-rated.  IMO the hurri1 and 110c are better a/c overall.  Also, i do feel that the spit14 is over-rated given it's perked.  Up to 25k, the 109k can do what the spit14 can do, for twice as long.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 06:28:29 AM by thrila »
"Willy's gone and made another,
Something like it's elder brother-
Wing tips rounded, spinner's bigger.
Unbraced tailplane ends it's figure.
One-O-nine F is it's name-
F is for futile, not for fame."

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2008, 10:26:09 AM »
What's up with the 'special' club of people who say "there are no over-rated planes, only pilots?"  :huh  It's merely a cliche that sounds cool (to some), and amounts to the denial of the human psychological capacity for erring evaluation.  Think about it.  Asking whether or not some aircraft are over rated is not the same debate over whether it's the pilot or the plane.  It's a question about the accuracy of human perception and judgement.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2008, 10:27:14 AM »
N1k1.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2008, 10:34:46 AM »
What's up with the 'special' club of people who say "there are no over-rated planes, only pilots?"  :huh  It's merely a cliche that sounds cool (to some), and amounts to the denial of the human psychological capacity for erring evaluation.  Think about it.  Asking whether or not some aircraft are over rated is not the same debate over whether it's the pilot or the plane.  It's a question about the accuracy of human perception and judgement.

It's the truth and you are merely a "nay sayer".   Mainly because of the grudge you continue to hold against me.   I was the first to say it and others agreed.   Not because "Hey Karaya said this, so I'm gonna go along with him."  But more of a "Karaya said this and he is correct, one plane is not anymore overrated than the next."   

Save your psychological discussions for someone who gives a rat's ass.   Some of us are fresh out. 

-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2008, 11:11:11 AM »
No karaya, I don't even think about you let alone hold a grudge. :P

Maybe you've hit upon a kind of metaphorical truth, but when I take the statement "there are no over-rated planes, only pilots" at face value, it means that we are all accurate in our evaluations of the performance of AH aircraft.  That's what "rating" is; it's a judgement, and judgements are a piece of human psychology.  The topic of this thread is psychological.

If you assent to the claim that we are all accurate in our evaluations of the performance of AH aircraft, then I will be satisfied.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2008, 11:12:49 AM »
No karaya, I don't even think about you let alone hold a grudge.

Keep telling yourself that.   :aok
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2008, 11:20:32 AM »
P.S. at least one person took this thread to be about whether or not some aircraft are over-modeled, i.e. perform better than their real-world counterpart.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!