Author Topic: WE'RE GETTING THE T34/85!!!  (Read 3863 times)

Offline Iron_Cross

• Nickel Member
Re: WE'RE GETTING THE T34/85!!!
« Reply #135 on: August 03, 2008, 08:35:55 PM »
T-34/85, yay.  Perk price for it, BOO!! 

The Russian BT-5 cannon does not have the oompf to penetrate much armor over 1500m range.  Speed it has, and the cannon, under 1500m, has just slightly better penitrative performance as the 75mm on the PNZR we have, and armor is the same as the T-34/76 currently. 

I don't see anything worth perking here. 

The cannon, tho an improvement, would only be the 4th most powerful cannon over 1500m, and only the third under that range. ( It only beats the Panzers 75mm gun by a slim margin. ) And if we ever get the regular Sherman, its gun will be tied with the T-34/76s for worst performer.

Offline crazierthanu

• Nickel Member
« Reply #136 on: August 03, 2008, 08:38:02 PM »
Agreed, no perk
80th FS "Headhunters"
EhFex in-game.
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #137 on: August 04, 2008, 12:26:45 AM »
B-29, Yak-3  :aok

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline chris3

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.ludwigs-hobby-seite.de/
« Reply #138 on: August 04, 2008, 08:56:49 AM »

should be perked like the sherman or something below. because no one would use the old t34 anymore if the new one is not perked.

and now i want my kingtiger :furious :furious :furious. i dont pay atention if he is able to drive 15mph and coast 100perks, but i want it :furious :furious :furious

there are to much bad weapons around my poor lidel tiger now. he is alitel bit afraid now :O :O

cu chris3

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 04, 2008, 08:59:52 AM »
and now i want my kingtiger :furious :furious :furious. i dont pay atention if he is able to drive 15mph and coast 100perks, but i want it :furious :furious :furious

Wouldn't 100 perks be a bit too much for a tank that would die as easy to a 1000lbs bomb as any ordinary Tiger?
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline chris3

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.ludwigs-hobby-seite.de/
« Reply #140 on: August 04, 2008, 09:23:05 AM »

every tank dies the same to a 1000lb bomb, but at the ground he would be great and every perk of the 100 would be ok.  :D

cu chris3

Offline sethipus

• Copper Member
« Reply #141 on: August 04, 2008, 02:19:41 PM »
Would the King Tiger really die as easily to a 1000 lb bomb?  And actually, Tigers don't always die easily to 1000 lb bombs.  You pretty much have to put the bomb down the commander's hatch.  Right next to it doesn't always work.

Btw, I have no problem if the T34/85 effectively displaces the T34/76 in the Late War arena.  The T34/76 would still be the shiznit in midwar and early war for attacking bases and towns and whatnot.  But I would be sad if the T34/85 completely displaced the Panzer IV H so that it didn't get used much anymore in late war.  I think putting a perk price, even a low one, would make it so that the T34/85 wasn't all anyone ever used.

You'll recall before the M4 got perked that's pretty much what most everyone would up, most of the time.  You'd get a minority of Panzers and tons and tons of Shermans.  Now you still get quite a few Shermans but you get more Panzers because they're free, and higher ENY so you earn more perks with them.  I'd like to see it be pretty much that way with the new T34.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 02:40:30 PM by sethipus »

Offline sethipus

• Copper Member
« Reply #142 on: August 04, 2008, 02:36:30 PM »
Dury the July tour, here's the kill breakdown by tank:

Panzer IV H:  60989 kills
Sherman:  44005 kills (3:1 kill ratio against the Panzer, 8:1 ratio against T34)
Tiger:  13053 kills  (4:1 kill ratio against the Panzer, 1.1:1 against the Sherman, 15:1 against the T34)
T34:  6000 kills (of which I accounted for 5%  ;-) )
M8:  4399 kills

Most of those Panzer kills were against other Panzers.

What's really funny is to look at the T34 kills and see how many were against aircraft.  It's nearly half of the T34's total kills.  Especially the B25h, the 110, and the IL-2.  This is because the T34 is such a great base-assault tank, and is really good at destroying aircraft trying to take off.  It's also good at shooting down B25s, 110s, and IL-2s in the air with its tank gun while they dive in on it.  ;-)

Anyhow, I'm happy that the majority of the kills are still happening in the Panzer.  I won't mind seeing the T34/85 climb up there on the kill chart and compete with the Sherman and the Panzer, but I'd be sad to see the Panzer drop down to where the T34/76 is today.  A little perkage on the T34/85 might well keep it at around the same level as the Sherman.  That would be great.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 02:38:49 PM by sethipus »

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 04, 2008, 02:43:29 PM »

Anyhow, I'm happy that the majority of the kills are still happening in the Panzer. 

Thanks to the slight perk on the Firefly, which had more impact that I would have expected. The Sherman had about twice as many kills as the Panzer until it was perked.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #144 on: August 04, 2008, 03:53:24 PM »
t34/85 should be introduced as free and if it totally dominates the free tanks then perhaps being perked.  But keep in mind that the Panzer IV H completely dominates the free tanks right now.

Another option, perhaps, would be to unperk the Sherman Firefly VC and see if the T34/85 and Sherman Firefly VC get a balance.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Iron_Cross

• Nickel Member
« Reply #145 on: August 04, 2008, 07:59:32 PM »
t34/85 should be introduced as free and if it totally dominates the free tanks then perhaps being perked.  But keep in mind that the Panzer IV H completely dominates the free tanks right now.

Another option, perhaps, would be to unperk the Sherman Firefly VC and see if the T34/85 and Sherman Firefly VC get a balance.

The first part I agree with, Karnak. 

The second part I don't. 

Un-perking the Firefly will bring us back to the time when all you saw was the Firefly when it first came out(un-perked).  Doing that will make the Firefly the dominant tank in game(again).  No one will take a third/forth rate gun platform, witch the PanzerIV will be when the T-34/85 comes out, to get "PWN'ed by teh Firefly" every time.  The only thing I see happening is a balance between the Panzer IV and the T-34/85.  It may happen that the T-34/76 might be used only as often as the M-8, and the M-8's numbers will plummet.  The /76 might be the new scout tank, simply because it has a main gun that has the possibility to do damage further out than the M-8's popgun, and tho not as fast as the M-8, it is still a fast tank.  The M-8 will still see some use as a scout car,(witch is what it is anyway), quickly finding enemy contacts and reporting their location.  Rat patrol raids will still be tonnes of fun,(if you haven't seen 25 jeeps all scrambling to take down a town before they all get straffed, you haven't seen fun) and their is alwase the few [people/idiots] who will call out "Oh Cod, my perk tank is broken.  Give me vehicle supplies to [fix it/save my perks].", so the jeep still has its use in the LWA.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 04, 2008, 08:02:09 PM »

You have to unperk the Tiger too in that case. Look at the killstats Tiger vs Firefly.

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #147 on: August 04, 2008, 08:20:11 PM »

I think the ENY scores will help balance it out.  Put the T34/85 at a the Firefly's 15 ENY but unperked while the Panzer is at a 25 and the T-34/76 is at a 35 (as they are now).  You will get few perks with the T-34/85, and conversely will be assured of getting more perks with the Panzer since there is an unperked but higher ENY vehicle to compete with.  The Panzer will probably still lose dominance, but will still be well-used.

One other thing we haven't considered is that if the field of view in the gunsight on the T-34/85 is as bad as on the T-34/76, people still may prefer the Panzer on that basis alone.
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #148 on: August 04, 2008, 08:23:59 PM »
I fell asleep towards the end of the first sentence.

It's pretty obvious that you don't like to GV.  What I wonder about is why you haunt
a thread about something you don't care about?
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 04, 2008, 08:27:26 PM »
I think the ENY scores will help balance it out. 

It won't. An unperked M4 at ENY 15 means it's available more than 90% of the time. And as the M4 can quite easily thrash the Tiger, it will be extremely popular again, just like it was before it got perked. ENY is only a minor consideration to majority of players.
If perk farming was a major consideration, we would see much more T34/76s. And the best perk farming GV is actually the Wirbel. Nothing can get you more perks per invested time.