Author Topic: Game pauses when firing  (Read 789 times)

Offline Nwbie

• Gold Member
Re: Game pauses when firing
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2008, 07:46:41 AM »
do not load textures in memory
get fsautostart - it will help you shut down anything not necessary to run
make sure anti-virus shuts down
turn off screen saver
remove as many icons on desktop that you can- use blank background
use game default sounds
after you start game - tab out back to windows desktop- start task manager see what is still running and end process of what you can
run game at 256 or 128
after that - still not working - you are in need of a new system...
good luck
Skuzzy-- "Facts are slowly becoming irrelevant in favor of the nutjob."

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2008, 08:34:05 AM »

remove as many icons on desktop that you can- use blank background

How does this make a difference, and how much of one could I expect?

<S>

Yossarian
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/Ż________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2008, 08:42:41 AM »
Well, dude, whether it's low or not, it's what I'm stuck with for the foreseeable future. When finances allow, I'll go with a 256 or bigger card and more RAM. Every other game I run works fine with the graphics maxed out with no sound problems(IL2 for instance), and AH runs great otherwise, 50fps or better, which is fine by me, it runs smooth.

I've got EndItAll running with everything but the minimum required for Windows to work shut off as far as I can tell, maybe a total of 10 processes running. Usually, for this computer, Windows runs 35+ processes after startup. I've checked everything sound related I know of, but come up empty handed.

Skuzzy, I'll check for any other interfering programs and post anything I find. Thanks for the help so far, all.

That's what I mean about running a clean system. It sounds like you have done a great job and got it about as clean as you can.

Comparing "other games" with a flight sim is like comparing apples and oranges. "Other games" are more dependent on eye candy so use the video card more, were as flight sims are all computations and use the CPU more. So the more load you can take off of the cpu the better you will be.

Offline Nwbie

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2008, 09:22:51 AM »
How does this make a difference, and how much of one could I expect?

<S>

Yossarian

Not sure - read it in one of the sticky posts up there ^

maybe waffle? sorry to poster if not- can't remember - I have a low end vid card - i took all the tips fro the sticky folders and did as told - i have less problems since trying all of them - seemed to make sense what the poster said - the vid card resources are still being used for all graphics - so the less it needs to be aimed at your desktop graphics - the more goes to ah needs...

Skuzzy-- "Facts are slowly becoming irrelevant in favor of the nutjob."