Author Topic: What gun ?  (Read 1135 times)

Offline SpazMan

• Nickel Member
Re: What gun ?
« Reply #60 on: August 05, 2008, 10:50:57 AM »
Wow. The guns you american can have are amazing. Here in Australia you have to have a license and a reason that's NOT home defence to own a firearm. Last I checked anyways.
oh and for the record Australia had average say 100 deaths per year by guns. The U.S.A. has something like 10000 average. Interesting to note.
Regards FBClaw

What's the population in Australia compared to the U.S. ?

Offline Golfer

• Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: August 05, 2008, 10:51:21 AM »
Oops thought I posted in this thread not the general gun thread...

I carry a Kimber Ultra Carry II in .45ACP

http://www.kimberamerica.com/pistols/ultracarry/stainless_ultra_carry_II/

Laser grips and night sights are next  :)

Offline SpazMan

• Nickel Member
« Reply #62 on: August 05, 2008, 10:58:03 AM »

(Image removed from quote.)

Nice piece. I've been looking to upgrade from my 9mm, how does the Kimber preform? I've heard the are the best when it comes to .45's. I've also had my eye on a Desert Eagle .44. Any feed back would be helpful.... :aok

Offline Golfer

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: August 05, 2008, 11:06:15 AM »
It's the best firing handgun I own.  Smooth and reliable.  Firing it you would never know it was a .45 as far as recoil goes.  Standing back from the firing line without hearing protection there is little doubt that it means business however.

The picture as it shows up on my laptop is not much smaller than the actual gun.  It's very compact, holds 7+1 and is not cumbersome as long as you're familiar with how a 1911 works.  Single action only and a safety that only works with the hammer pulled back (that doesn't sit well with some folks and some range goers don't understand this) come to mind.

That said Kimber knows how to make a 1911.  Built very well and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this particular pistol to anyone looking for a carry gun.  It's pricey especially compared to an XD or M&P but that's apples to oranges.  I bought it as a replacement to a .380 Walther PPK.

Offline SpazMan

• Nickel Member
« Reply #64 on: August 05, 2008, 02:14:12 PM »
Thanks for the information. I was at Gander Mountain last week looking at the Kimber .45's and you're right they aren't cheap, which is no problem if they're worth it. You're the second person that recommended the Kimber as a good pistol worth the money. Thanks for the input....... :salute

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: August 05, 2008, 04:22:31 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

As you can see in my previous posting, my main carry weapon is a Kimber Pro Carry, they truly are awesome firearms.
Golfer, if you get a chance pick up some Wilson Mags for your Kimber, you wont be disappointed. If you need a hand finding them PM me, i work PT in a gun shop, we have a huge selection and im glad to help u find em.

:salute
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #66 on: August 05, 2008, 04:30:29 PM »
You appear to have taken my comment in the worse possible sense and not how it was intended at all. I believe in my post in this thread (which i believe I'm free to do irrespective of the country I live in) I admired the collections you american firearms owners are allowed to have. I'm still amazed at some of the examples and arsenal's pictured and talked about in this thread. The reason I mentioned gun control here at all is because I'd never be able to own half of the weapons in this thread. The statistics I mentioned were to the best of my recollection and possibly not entirely accurate. But don't make the mistake of assuming that I was trying to downtalk or make negative comments about america or their firearms policies. If you think that an Australian who is interested in a thread on firearms collections is the USA isn't allowed to post a small mostly neutral comment then I feel that you have something against australians or me in particular.
Regards FBClaw

Oh please.  :huh Here in case you forgot what you posted.

Wow. The guns you american can have are amazing. Here in Australia you have to have a license and a reason that's NOT home defence to own a firearm. Last I checked anyways.
oh and for the record Australia had average say 100 deaths per year by guns. The U.S.A. has something like 10000 average. Interesting to note.
Regards FBClaw

Ive never owned a Kimber but have heard so many positives about them maybe one day.

Ive been shooting since I was 9yo, archery since I was 7yo. My Dad always had firearms and taught me to use them but primarily I was brought up a bow hunter. I love all kinds of shooting. Clays, handgun, long range rifle, combat. I also have a passion for developing surpremely accurate rifle loads.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Talon07

• Copper Member
« Reply #67 on: August 05, 2008, 05:55:50 PM »
Ok. You guys win. I retract anything I've said about statistics and gun deaths. Seems you guys are right. But the first half of my initial post was not meant as downtalk just a point to note. Lazs what you say is sort of true about jealousy and what not but only sort of. I'm envious of some of these collections and I realise that my country would never allow them. I'm sorry if I offended anyone or anyone took my post the wrong way. Back on topic some of these gun collections are really cool. Just wish I knew a little bit more about firearms to post more input.
My friendlyier regards
FBClaw
FBClaw of the Freebirds

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #68 on: August 05, 2008, 07:17:27 PM »
I am an avid hunter, mainly waterfowl, so I've got plenty of rifles, shotguns, and the like. My dad's truck is specially modded to carry a shotgun in an area of the truck that I will leave undefined. Unloaded, of course. I don't carry a gun on me, but I have 4 or 5 shotguns, a couple .270 rifles, and smaller arms like pistol, .22 caliber, etc.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Halo

• Gold Member
« Reply #69 on: August 06, 2008, 11:11:21 PM »
I don't carry, but home defense primary is Springfield XD .45 ACP with Glock laser/light backed up by Stoeger Coach 12-gauge shotgun. 
Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. (Seneca, 1st century AD, et al)
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless beauty. (Anne Herbert, 1982, Sausalito, CA)
Paramedic to Perkaholics Anonymous

Offline Jester

• Gold Member
« Reply #70 on: August 06, 2008, 11:58:39 PM »
Ruger P-95 9mm

For Serious situations:

AKM 7.62 x39 Long barrel
Remmington 870 12ga. 3 1/2" "Street Sweeper"

Hunting:

Several Remmington 1100 12ga
Remmington 870 Wingmaster 20ga
Harrington & Richardson Model 176 10ga.
Marlin 22LR Rifle
Winchester 22LR Rifle
Ruger Model 1022 Rifle
Winchester Sportsman 22cal pistol
Junkar .45 cal Black Powder Kentucky Rifle

Historical:
Armical .577 Enfield 1863 3 band rifle (replica)
Lt. JESTER
VF-10 "GRIM REAPERS"