Author Topic: Request for info: USAAF Boston/Havoc  (Read 3713 times)

Offline BaDkaRmA158Th

• Gold Member
Re: Request for info: USAAF Boston/Havoc
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2008, 08:20:24 PM »
Greebo, do you ever have time to play the game?

:salute
~383Rd RTC/CH BW/AG~
BaDfaRmA

My signature says "Our commitment to diplomacy will never inhibit our willingness to kick a$s."

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2008, 01:41:31 AM »
I think the green should be darker. It's too close to the tan right now. Much like the spots on 109Es and the stripes on C202s, the camo is meant to stand out, as it's a type of disruptive pattern that emulates the shapes and colors of the ground below the planes as they fly low.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2008, 02:00:14 AM »
I'm going to disagree with Krusty.  I went with my first impression, and it appears dead on.  Great work Greebo :aok
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2008, 02:31:20 PM »
Thanks for the kind words guys.

There's a few layers of sand coloured dirt on the skin, which gives the OD a bit less contrast to the sand paint. I played about with the levels of these dirt layers a fair bit before posting, trying to get it to match the level of contrast in the B&W photos. I may tinker with it some more before sending it in, but I'll leave it a day or two so I can look at it with fresh eyes.

I'm a pretty fast skinner. :) A complete skin takes me about a month, a colour scheme on an existing skin usually a week or so. This scheme took a bit longer as there are three panels to do and all because of all the mirrored areas on the Boston where the OD areas had to be matched up.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 02:38:53 PM by Greebo »

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2008, 04:15:27 PM »
A little late Just thought I would throw in the pictures for future reference. http://www.flickr.com/photos/tailspin_tommy/523948793/in/pool-a20/