Author Topic: Temp TnB  (Read 1102 times)

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
Temp TnB
« on: August 09, 2008, 10:31:18 AM »
I fly the Tempest maybe, once a day. I like to pick in it, course thats what your supposed to do with it anyways, but I got low and slow with it, and to my suprise, it dosn't turn all that bad. I'm curious to what planes it can TnB with, I know that fighting a spit with a Temp, is no good, but somthing like maybe a 190 or even a pony you might have a little bit more advantage.
Also, is there anything that I can use against most planes in a Temp, I know that this has a counter roatating prop, would that help me in any way?
<S>
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline spit16nooby

• Copper Member
Re: Temp TnB
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2008, 11:07:36 AM »
Yes the counter rotating props will help alot against planes with a lot of torgue such as the 109k-4 it cant turn to the left worth a crap but can turn with a spit 16 for 4 or more turns if u use flaps and throttle correctly to the right.

Offline Spatula

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2008, 12:39:15 AM »
The Temp, Tiffie and Yaks all turn better to the right. Most others turn best to the left. If you can maximise the amount right turning, then you're going the direction the Temp finds easiest, and almost all the rest of the plane-set find hardest. Same deal with roll.
The Tempest is not as crap at turning as most think. Its not really playing to its strengths, but it's hardly its weakness.
Airborne Kitchen Utensil Assault Group

Offline goober69

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2008, 09:35:59 AM »
i know you can out turn 51's 190's and anything as fast i think. prob woldnt try it with an la as they are fairly nimble.  id say from 450 down to 300 mph or so your instantanious turn is either equal or better than most of the planeset, helps you get your nose around on those bnz pases. tempest will realy ecel in the vertical its heavy as heck and can zoom and climb very well. if you play more of an e fight in it kind of like a k4 or spit 16/14 you can really dominate a single oponent or maybe 2. not something i would try in a furball.  also in a pinch you can masively dump speed and look for an overshoot. just make sure you hit them when they go by cause it could kill your options on getting away.

best thing to do is go fly it llow and slow in the da where its free. and don't pick at all people will be fairlhy suprised at the temp that trys to turn with them. at least that will give you an idea of where the edge is.

also when turning treat it kind of like a k4. cut back on some of that massive engine power and see if it helps you turn/ roll better.

my ingame name is marvin 57 if you see me in the DA or yoiu can catch me in MW invite me ill be more than happy to TnB duel you in tempests as i've never flown it against itself. could be fun.

also when i fly a plane like the tempest there are certin planes i wouldnt bother killing in the MA unelss they were threatening me or a squaddie.  i wouldnt bother killing a zero unless i can get him roped perfect or he gives me a perfect snapshot, othere than that i feel im just wasting my time i could have moved on to other targets that arent as hard to hit.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 09:42:25 AM by goober69 »
flying as Marvin57
"we few we happy few,
  we band of brothers;"
W.S  Henery V

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2008, 03:29:13 AM »
it will eventually lose most flat turns, but you can use that awesome acceleration and vertical ability to pull all kinds of stuff...  do that and see what sticks...

you can always vulch in some craptastic plane and earn enough perkies for a new temp...  or do it in the DA...
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Online mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2008, 05:06:47 AM »
http://www.freeroleentertainment.com/temp_overshoots.ahf

old but maybe usefull film of tempest tnb.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2008, 07:54:30 AM »
it will eventually lose most flat turns, but you can use that awesome acceleration and vertical ability to pull all kinds of stuff...  do that and see what sticks...

you can always vulch in some craptastic plane and earn enough perkies for a new temp...  or do it in the DA...

i don't fly the temp, or any other "fast" planes. but i do have a question though.

everyone keeps talking about losing in the flat turns. the thing is, that i never see totally flat turns unless it's someone that's run out of options, and is about to die(me sometimes :D).
 i'll generally see the turn start off somewhat flat, but almost always there's some verticle component thrown in after 90-180 degrees of turn.
 i don't know how the temps' verticle is, but if someone's going to turn n burn in it, i would imagine that they'd use the verticle to keep their speed in the temps envelope.

just my 2 cents...
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline goober69

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2008, 09:52:11 AM »
i don't fly the temp, or any other "fast" planes. but i do have a question though.

everyone keeps talking about losing in the flat turns. the thing is, that i never see totally flat turns unless it's someone that's run out of options, and is about to die(me sometimes :D).
 i'll generally see the turn start off somewhat flat, but almost always there's some verticle component thrown in after 90-180 degrees of turn.
 i don't know how the temps' verticle is, but if someone's going to turn n burn in it, i would imagine that they'd use the verticle to keep their speed in the temps envelope.

just my 2 cents...

exactly, wile the tempest will excel in a looping zooming diving fight, if it goes into flat turns it may have more problems unless it trades alt- for speed to keep up its turn rate, mainly what i was speaking about was that strategy. you can get someone slow and maybe get as slow as them 250-300 range, and then start using that acelration and climb to get on top and stay there E wise.
flying as Marvin57
"we few we happy few,
  we band of brothers;"
W.S  Henery V

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2008, 11:20:54 AM »
ok, I made these films with Marvin last night. It was a lot of fun and we both enjoyed it alot. As you will see that I flew against a K4 and I flew the K4. Both times when we swiched to the K4, we could not handle the powere of the Temp.
I think the next thing that I want to try, is the LA7 Vs. Temp; Maybe we can do that again tonight Marvin?

Here are the films:
http://www.mediafire.com/?aawoww8q03e
http://www.mediafire.com/?madmovaawim

Oh and BTW, I think Mediafire is looking good now, I realy like the new setup that they have for films
<S>
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
United States Marine

Offline goober69

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2008, 10:44:39 PM »
ok, I made these films with Marvin last night. It was a lot of fun and we both enjoyed it alot. As you will see that I flew against a K4 and I flew the K4. Both times when we swiched to the K4, we could not handle the powere of the Temp.
I think the next thing that I want to try, is the LA7 Vs. Temp; Maybe we can do that again tonight Marvin?

Here are the films:
http://www.mediafire.com/?aawoww8q03e
http://www.mediafire.com/?madmovaawim

Oh and BTW, I think Mediafire is looking good now, I realy like the new setup that they have for films
<S>

lol i suck in la7 but id do it anyway lol
was a lot of fun man i was sure sweating on a couple of those fights wrestling with the tourqe of the temp/ k4

lol he forgot to mention that i did auger the temp right after he did in the second film.  <S> bosco
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 10:52:52 PM by goober69 »
flying as Marvin57
"we few we happy few,
  we band of brothers;"
W.S  Henery V

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2008, 05:11:14 PM »
hehehe, I didn't think that one was as good as that one.
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
United States Marine

Offline goober69

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2008, 08:14:19 PM »
lol for sure. i need some drugs to fly like that all the time :t :t :rock
flying as Marvin57
"we few we happy few,
  we band of brothers;"
W.S  Henery V

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2008, 02:45:45 PM »
More films!
This time its a Temp Vs. a LA7. You can figure that the LA7 is much better turner then the Temp, at low speed, its a little harder at higher speed, but both cain't handle higher alts.
We swapped planes, I flew the LA7 first, and the Temp second.
Again, it was a lot of fun Marvin, and we have a lot of fun after we are done getting serious.
I'm thinking that maybe this time its going to be a Pony, either the B or the D, we will fly them both.
Here are the films:
http://www.mediafire.com/?0qvatwztaxs
http://www.mediafire.com/?k0ai6vzz25t
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
United States Marine

Offline goober69

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2008, 07:04:51 PM »
i think the b pony might have a better chance, next matchup should probably be a 190a5 or something like that. or posibly a p47-d11/40
flying as Marvin57
"we few we happy few,
  we band of brothers;"
W.S  Henery V

Offline Happy1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2008, 12:02:03 AM »
Hello, need help, I can't seem to d/l ANY films from the new Mediafire
Once I clk on the provided url, I'm taken to Mediafire, with the film 2b
downloaded listed.  Following instructions given, ie:
                Click here to start download
Once that step's done, the d/l begins to my listed site .   When I attempt to play the film, I receive an error msg & being whisked back to Mediafire, which informs me:
                Your download is starting   (after film has been d/ld)
followed by a prolonged wait with nothing transpiring.   Am I missing
a few steps in the d/l of films in Mediafire??   Had no probs with the old Mediafire.