Author Topic: Creative Labs Sound Blaster Fatality X-treme Gamer AD- Link  (Read 3173 times)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Creative Labs Sound Blaster Fatality X-treme Gamer AD- Link
« on: August 09, 2008, 08:41:58 PM »
 I have recently purchased a Creative Labs Sound Blaster Fatality X-treme Gamer professional series PCI sound Card for my
new Computer

It had an AD- Link  connector on the back, which at first Glance to me I thought was like a game port / midi port  connection

is this connection possible to use for Analog Gameport type sticks?

I am having no luck finding an answer for this,  and am trying to get my CH Fighter Stick/Pro Throttle/pedals to work on this new PC.......

outside of using the old Radio Shack gameport to USB adapter I have, or by changing out the new Sound card with my old SB PCI512 model sound card, which I rather not do if at all possible

HELP...........this old PC is about to bite the farm as it took a lightning hit by way of the Cable Modem/Router/Lan port recently and things are starting to stop working right.....
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: Creative Labs Sound Blaster Fatality X-treme Gamer AD- Link
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 01:05:30 AM »
Its a connector for the Sound Blaster X-Fi I/O Console maybe?

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/546

Thru X-Fi I/O Console, an external device that costs USD 180 and provides everything that I/O Drive has plus high-impedance inputs for the connection of musical instruments such as electric guitars and other features. X-Fi Elite Pro comes already with this console, so with this card you don’t need anything extra for having SPDIF support. Not all Sound Blaster X-Fi cards support this device and we will list below the ones that support it. X-FI I/O Console is connected to the sound card thru an external 26-pin plug called “AD_Link”.

Looks to me like 15pins but I guess it could be 26?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 01:09:34 AM by Chalenge »
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2008, 12:41:59 PM »
As Chalenge said, it is 26 pin I/O console connector.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2008, 08:54:24 PM »
As Chalenge said, it is 26 pin I/O console connector.

yep I have dug all thru the internet trying to find a way to make this "ELITE XTREME GAMER" sound card work.....one would think with "GAMER" in the name of it the damn thing would have a GAME PORT? wouldn't ya think?

so much for wasted money........( gonna pawn it off on the ol' Lady, tell her how great it is and she really needs it for Everquest II or them other games she plays, I done talked her into buying my HD 3870 from me, so I can go buy me a 4870............muhahaha..... ..)
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline llama

• Silver Member
      • http://www.warrenernst.com/
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2008, 11:27:47 PM »
I still use and love gameport-based controllers.

The last Sound Blaster card to have a genuine gameport was the Audigy 2 ZS, and in fact, I just bought one for my latest gaming system from ebay for $30. The gameport is actually a slot bracket, DB-15 port, and a ribbon cable that connects to the joystick/midi pins on the sound blaster card, so make sure the seller has this part before you bid on it. It should have come in the box the sound card came in, but people would tend to toss this part out.

The last sound blaster that had a gameport built onto the card itself (therefore not taking up another "slot cover") is the Audigy LS, which I have on my old system, and it works fine too.

Both are genuine 5.1 surround sound cards with optical out, but the 2ZS has a better processor onboard that will offload CPU cycles.

-Llama

Interesting server at 69.12.181.171

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2008, 11:54:53 PM »
A lot of motherboard (aftermarket ones) come with gameport add-ons that are built to the back panel of the motherboard, but rather have a ribbon cable that attach to a PCI slot back panel.  The last two Asus boards that I purchased did not have a main back panel game-port plug, but the latter I just described.
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either

Offline Winks

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2008, 05:48:01 AM »
( gonna pawn it off on the ol' Lady, tell her how great it is and she really needs it for Everquest II or them other games she plays, I done talked her into buying my HD 3870 from me, so I can go buy me a 4870............muhahaha..... ..)

:aok :aok :lol :lol

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2008, 01:11:00 PM »
The Turtle Beach Riviera card has a joystick connection but I wouldnt vouch for either the card or the connection. Turtle Beach used to be so good too.  :frown:

Might be a really good choice now with the 'dumbing down' of Vista audio. I have one here I intended to send overseas but I may test it instead.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 01:18:14 PM by Chalenge »
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2008, 05:04:01 PM »
I done talked her into buying my HD 3870 from me, so I can go buy me a 4870............muhahaha..... ..)

Why would you do that? I thought 3870 was much better then 4870? maybe you didnt get the 3870 x2?

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2008, 05:11:17 PM »
Why would you do that? I thought 3870 was much better then 4870? maybe you didnt get the 3870 x2?

The ATI 4800 series are far better than the 3800 series.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song