Author Topic: View changes?  (Read 329 times)

Offline Cee64E

• Zinc Member
View changes?
« on: August 12, 2008, 09:25:48 PM »
Ok this will sound a little odd.  When I got my new computer, a real snarling beast compared to the laptop I was using before, I noticed that when I locked on a target with the TAB key and went to F11 mode that I got this nice smoooooth pan that followed the target wherever it went.  I appreciated this and chalked it up to the difference between an Nvidia based graphic card in the new machine and the on-board Intel chip in the laptop.  But then it went back to the old "direction" view after a week or two.  I'm wondering if it's something I did or if it's some key I pushed or the result of other software that got loaded adding to the process list?  Anybody got any clues on this?  I'd love to get back to that smooooth pan...
R2, did we just blow up a gas station?

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Re: View changes?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 09:36:28 PM »
is in the pan view / snap view / instant view modes

http://trainers.hitechcreations.com/views/views.htm

hope this helps
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Cee64E

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008, 09:49:52 PM »
Understood all that quite well, but there is no discussion of the F11 key which "padlocks" a target.  The F11 key is "padlock direction mode".  Is there a "padlock pan mode"?
R2, did we just blow up a gas station?

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2008, 10:02:09 PM »
I knew it was somewhere just had to find it....this is /was the 1st basic Key Command list dating back to Aces High ( Original ) basically

http://www.hitechcreations.com/ahhelp/keycmds.html

yes  F11  is padlock view......someone will correct me if I am wrong.but when you hit padlock ( F11 ) it locks on to a target......you will be locked on this target and it will pan automatically until you toggle it off/on or toggle it to another icon you are wanting to stay locked on to.....

hope I got that right....51 hrs awake time and 5 hrs sleep .I am bout to fall out...

hope this helps ya ...good luck.......  workday comes early
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 10:05:39 PM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC