Author Topic: The artful HO  (Read 3106 times)

Offline Boxboy

• Nickel Member
The artful HO
« on: August 14, 2008, 09:11:42 AM »
It's simple really if I get killed you are an HO tard twit, if you get killed I have excuted a perfect frontal aspect shot  :D
Sub Lt BigJim
801 Sqn FAA
Pilot

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
Re: The artful HO
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2008, 09:26:11 AM »
It's simple really if I get killed you are an HO tard twit, if you get killed I have excuted a perfect frontal aspect shot  :D

And if someone even mentions 'HO' they're supposed to get their arse to the training arena. :lol
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Mak333

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2008, 09:39:41 AM »
Head Ons are a part of the game.... The can easily be avoided.  If you get killed in an HO situation, it's your own fault for not evading the situation.

Mak

Offline avionix

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2008, 09:41:23 AM »
Takes 2 to HO. 
treekilr in game.   
"Please. This is supposed to be a happy occasion. Let's not bicker and argue over who killed who..."

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2008, 10:03:07 AM »
Takes 2 to HO. 

Not really.. the biggest HO twits are almost always the tards that fly planes like Zeek's, Niki's & Hurricane 2's. Typically any fight involving those  aircraft ends up with them trying to force HO shots after HO shot on every merge. You can only avoid so many when fighting those kinds of dweeb planes, simply because they can out turn most other planes. The Niki doesn't turn as good as the other two, but it makes up for it with 4 20mms the tards can spray and pray with.

Add to that, the typical skill set of the dweebs that fly them and it it's almost a given anytime you see one they will try to HO. In most cases they they never bother to learn any real ACM  because the limp wrist aircraft they fly allows them to out turn anything regardless to how bad they actually suck.

Fighting most other types of planes, then yea it's more likely to take "two" to HO.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 10:53:10 AM by crockett »
"strafing"

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2008, 10:14:44 AM »
Head Ons are a part of the game.... The can easily be avoided.  If you get killed in an HO situation, it's your own fault for not evading the situation.

Maybe.  There's a lot of situations that make the HO unavoidable; low E, multiple cons, timing on reverses, etc.  It's not always your own fault for getting shot in the face.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline ODBAL

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2008, 10:21:19 AM »
I will HO every plane I get the chance to HO, with the exception of P-38's.  I have tried to take the high-ground on this since I started, and wait until I see the other plane shoot first but no more.  I don't get upset and accept it as a viable shot in the game that I need to utilize at this point.
ODBAL

39th FS "Cobra in the Clouds"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Armed & Lubricated)

Offline Baitman

• Nickel Member
      • Strike Manufacturing Inc.
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2008, 10:59:12 AM »
Not really.. the biggest HO twits are almost always the tards that fly planes like Zeek's, Niki's & Hurricane 2's.

Zeeks....... Come on... the Zeke is a paper airplane with only 2 cannon that will die or catch on fire on almost every merge.

The worst Ho ers are the alt junkies who can't turn to get a six shot they take a shot from what angle they are dealt.

I just get tired of people hoing and up my b25h. 
"Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition"
You can be one but NOT both...

Fully Fledged Practising Atheist Bishop

Offline bobtom

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2008, 11:03:30 AM »
I suck at HOing so bad that I lost one vs a zeke in my chog....... :uhoh

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2008, 11:09:47 AM »
Sounds to me like someone needs to work on their merges. :cry

I don't get HO'd, because I try to avoid the circumstances that produce one (I don't fly straight into an incoming con).
I do get shot by frontal deflection shots--especially in multi-con furballs, or if I do something stupid.
When that happens, I try to learn from my mistake and up another plane instead of coming to the BBS and whining about it.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2008, 11:26:34 AM »
Zeeks....... Come on... the Zeke is a paper airplane with only 2 cannon that will die or catch on fire on almost every merge.

The worst Ho ers are the alt junkies who can't turn to get a six shot they take a shot from what angle they are dealt.

I just get tired of people hoing and up my b25h. 

Doesn't mean they don't try to HO.. when you are low on the deck in turn fights it's almost always the TnB planes doing most of the HOing, simply because they can turn in faster to try and force that kind of merge. Personally I don't care about HOtwits because 9 times out of 10 they are easy kills. The cons that don't HO on merges are the one's I worry about more, because I figure they likely have a clue as to whats going on.
"strafing"

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2008, 11:47:27 AM »
Takes 2 to HO. 

1 to HO, 2 to merge.  Learn it, live it, love it, noob.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Anodizer

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2008, 11:50:17 AM »
Agreed....  Not only that, but most of those "ho-twits" are sacrificing E as well as the potential of getting one getting on their opponent's six in just 1 or 2 more turns or merges(due to the fact their flying a "dweeb" ride")..  That's why on a merge, I always come in from a offset angle or give myself enough space to get underneath them..  Most of the time, they blew most of their E to get that frontal angle, and when they find I'm not where they thought I would be....  Well, you know the rest..

Doesn't mean they don't try to HO.. when you are low on the deck in turn fights it's almost always the TnB planes doing most of the HOing, simply because they can turn in faster to try and force that kind of merge. Personally I don't care about HOtwits because 9 times out of 10 they are easy kills. The cons that don't HO on merges are the one's I worry about more, because I figure they likely have a clue as to whats going on.
I like classy, beautiful, intelligent woman that say the "F" word a lot....

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2008, 11:56:43 AM »
Not really.. the biggest HO twits are almost always the tards that fly planes like Zeek's, Niki's & Hurricane 2's. Typically any fight involving those  aircraft ends up with them trying to force HO shots after HO shot on every merge. You can only avoid so many when fighting those kinds of dweeb planes, simply because they can out turn most other planes. The Niki doesn't turn as good as the other two, but it makes up for it with 4 20mms the tards can spray and pray with.

Add to that, the typical skill set of the dweebs that fly them and it it's almost a given anytime you see one they will try to HO. In most cases they they never bother to learn any real ACM  because the limp wrist aircraft they fly allows them to out turn anything regardless to how bad they actually suck.

Fighting most other types of planes, then yea it's more likely to take "two" to HO.

:huh
first off any one who HOs in a zero is a idiot, thats the worst plane for HOs.

second, i hope you dont think all Hurri drivers HO, cuz this is one Hurri driver that tries very hard not to HO, i have had 5 and more attacking me at once and they are all Hoing, yet i still try to avoid them, i cant say that i never Ho, i will Ho a zero every time. :t

what i think is funny, is when people believe that because you fly a particular plane you are gonna fly a certain way, run in a LA, Ho in a hurri, ect ect

when are you that think like that, gonna realize every one is different? :noid

just know, that no matter what plane i am flying i will fight, i love the TnB, so i fly those planes that excel at that,  and if i am in a LA 5 or 7, i will not run until i am bingo, for the LA is one of, if not the best TnBer in game. :salute

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2008, 12:01:10 PM »
1 to HO, 2 to merge.  Learn it, live it, love it, noob.

:aok :aok :aok  :noid :noid
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14