Author Topic: duel arenas  (Read 1242 times)

Offline Boxboy

• Nickel Member
Re: duel arenas
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2008, 01:53:26 PM »
    Yes too many of the maps get way too much hangtime. What percentage of the total map base isnt being used?  I designed a map and NHawk made it (think that was his name) last year, never heard boo about it.

Speaking of Hangtime whatever happened to him???

Now back to your regular topic   :aok
Sub Lt BigJim
801 Sqn FAA
Pilot

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2008, 05:06:10 PM »
Suitable and functional includes all of the main arena maps available for download?  Don't get me wrong skuzzy,we love HTC's work, but maybe something is wrong with the rotation?

The download page has been corrected.  All terrains that will work in any of the main arenas have always been made available as soon as they can be.

The rotation for both the Main Arenas, right now:

ndisles
   ozkansas
   montis
   mmesa
   tagma
   smpizza
   mesaview
   compello
   baltic
   sfma
   beta2
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2008, 09:00:10 PM »
Is something wrong with the Donut map?  I also noticed that it's not available for download. :noid
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2008, 01:47:53 PM »
Is something wrong with the Donut map?  I also noticed that it's not available for download. :noid

Yea, all the furballers having fun in the center pissed off people trying to win the war because no one wanted to help win the reset and get rid of the map they so loved. So, the landgrabbers ruined fightertown to try to coerce the furballers into playing their landgrab game...Huge pissing contests ensued so it was removed from the rotation to avoid controversy.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2008, 01:51:14 PM by Zazen13 »
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2008, 02:08:02 PM »
Yea, all the furballers having fun in the center pissed off people trying to win the war because no one wanted to help win the reset and get rid of the map they so loved. So, the landgrabbers ruined fightertown to try to coerce the furballers into playing their landgrab game...Huge pissing contests ensued so it was removed from the rotation to avoid controversy.

Are you for real? :noid
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2008, 02:10:17 PM »
Are you for real? :noid

That's exactly how it happened.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2008, 02:26:04 PM »
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2008, 02:33:00 PM »

I couldn't play the furball area of that map because my computer at the time couldn't handle it.  Instead I always played the outer areas hunting and killing the land grabbers.  I never complained.  It was still a fun map but yes, that is how it happened.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2008, 03:35:54 PM »
Wow. :rolleyes:
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Agent360

• Nickel Member
      • http://troywardphotography.com
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2008, 09:43:06 PM »

OMG!!!!! That is just total BS!!!

I can't believe HT took out that map because of the whiney land grabbers. How unfair that is.

Now I know why requests for a "fighter town" on the big maps goes ignored.

I now DEMAND that one areana be set up for furballers and the other for landgrabbers as suggested earlier. To hell with land grabbing score, vulch dweebs.

This makes me infuriated!!!!!

I suggest we hammer this thread to death until something is changed. I gonna bet 100 bucks there are more furballers in this game than land grabbers

Offline Newman5

• Nickel Member
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2008, 10:18:54 PM »
100% of the terrains, suitable and functional for Main arena play, are in the terrain rotation.

So, just curious in case i decide to take up building a map...  What constitutes making a map "suitable and functional" for the main arena?  Are there specific rules about layout and whatnot listed somewhere, or is it all on a case by case basis?
"Hello, Newman."

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2008, 08:16:05 AM »
I gonna bet 100 bucks there are more furballers in this game than land grabbers

You owe someone $100  :D
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2008, 08:24:12 AM »

OMG!!!!! That is just total BS!!!

I can't believe HT took out that map because of the whiney land grabbers. How unfair that is.

Now I know why requests for a "fighter town" on the big maps goes ignored.

I now DEMAND that one areana be set up for furballers and the other for landgrabbers as suggested earlier. To hell with land grabbing score, vulch dweebs.

This makes me infuriated!!!!!

I suggest we hammer this thread to death until something is changed. I gonna bet 100 bucks there are more furballers in this game than land grabbers

I like this idea because in the DA pond all you see are chest-thumping C-hog and tempest pilots, and I'm not too much into field capture.

An arena meant for furballing would need to be more than 3 fields because of the limitations on how many aircraft can be seen at once.  During Titanic Tuesday I frequently start to see "foo-fighters." :P

How would it be done?  Would ordinance be disabled?  Indestructable hangers?  Or merely troops disabled?
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2008, 09:10:44 AM »
Can you say "Dredger" :D
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2008, 10:39:25 AM »

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"