Author Topic: Combat Theater Feedback  (Read 819 times)

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Combat Theater Feedback
« Reply #60 on: August 12, 2001, 09:54:00 AM »
Originally posted by GRUNHERZ:
sick and tired of your endless whining about things you dont like and just why they suck so much

A sentiment that I myself have felt many times about many different people with respect to many of the topics that have come up. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone, eh Grun?  :D

Here's an idea: Play the Game.

Let HTC build the game. Certainly all who can should contribute to that effort in a POSITIVE way. (If you can document an error, provide the information in a polite way, for example.)

... and just Play the Game.

(Toad goes off, singing "I'd like to teach the world to sing, in PURR-shreck HARRR-MO-KNEE!")

:)
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
Combat Theater Feedback
« Reply #61 on: August 12, 2001, 11:11:00 AM »
You know whatr DJ if you dont like stay the diddly out.

Ah.. classic one grunhurtz.

Never said I didn't like it.  I will maintain anyone calling it an "HA" is totally off their rocker.

All the talk about the feel of the terrain also cracks me up.  I'm trying to remember a single (just one) dogfight that occured over land.

Im sick and tired of your endless whining about things you dont like and just why they suck so much. You are one the biggest whiners in the game. You just hapend to whine against things changing and against HTC trying something, anything new and different.

And I'm sick and tired of "If HTC would make this one change and force everyone to fly more historically, we'd all be more happy" whines that come from the likes of you.  The truth is, nobody is going to fly historically unless they are sent to jail for any deviation from historical flying.

The whole idea of anything seriously historical is simply ludicrous in an arena setting.  Yet, when one side starts to see something they don't like, they'll go to the historical card and cry for a change.  The change is made and there is nothing more historical happening at all simply because you cannot change behavior.

So if it sucks so much for YOU DJ, stay the diddly out, NOBODY is forcing YOU DJ to play there.

And nobody is forcing you to post here.  Yet, you do with such grace.

YOU DJ, dont play it, shut diddly up and let people enjoy CT if THEY LIKE IT.

I don't believe I've told anyone that they can't possibly be enjoying this arena.  I don't believe I've been on channel one in that arena preaching "this totally sucks.. why are you here?"  I've been playing the game and having fun.

I've been having the same fun I've been having in the MA... its really no different.  I've almost thought about telling lazs to come over and check it out.  If it weren't for the limited plane set, its totally what he has been looking for for some time.  It is a furball arena that has somehow been dubbed a "historical arena".

DJVU your pretty resonable most the time and seem a very good guy 1 on 1 in the MA but this pointless BBS whining of yours has gone way too far.

Ahhhh... I have not even scratched the surface of pointless whining sir.  For I am just one person.. not a legion of self absorbed know-it-alls about plane performance and historical accuracy that try to dictate every aspect of every arena to comfirm it into their own ideal world where the third riech actually won the war.

Really... I pale in comparison.

Oh.. that reminds me.. I need to post something in the He177 thread :rolleyes:

If you dont like CT dont play it.

Once again.  I never said I didn't like the CT.  And.. since you seem to need this repeated over and over again to get past that thick leather helmet... "THE CT IS NOT AN HA".. end of oppinion.

AKDejaVu

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
Combat Theater Feedback
« Reply #62 on: August 13, 2001, 08:13:00 AM »
DJ, you need a woman in a bad way. You must be very frustrated.

Aren't there any women in Portland?

;)

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Combat Theater Feedback
« Reply #63 on: August 13, 2001, 08:20:00 AM »
Know what time it is kids?

That's right, it's time for the "Blatantly Obvious Remark Show"...

He's showing how hypocritcal people are when it comes to describing advantages/disadvanteges of this new (a-)historical arena versus the main arena.

That's all, but you insist on arguing with him that it is historical.

Hey look people, you can't shave a cat, chop it's legs in half and cut it's tail down to 3 inches and call it a dachshund.
-SW

Offline DmdStuB

• Zinc Member
Combat Theater Feedback
« Reply #64 on: August 14, 2001, 10:53:00 PM »
Hmmmmmm, it's worth a try though.  
Heeeere, kitty kitty.  
Damn, where are my wifes cats when I need em?

StuB

Originally posted by SWulfe:
Hey look people, you can't shave a cat, chop it's legs in half and cut it's tail down to 3 inches and call it a dachshund.
-SW[/QB]

[ 08-14-2001: Message edited by: DmdStuB ]

Offline Raider_DD

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.devildogs.com
Combat Theater Feedback
« Reply #65 on: August 15, 2001, 12:23:00 PM »
Stay the course. Keep the standards high by setting the proper example. Have fun.  

I believe these represent the extreme limits of our persuasive powers in the context of on-line simulation or gaming.

The CT is a nice change, has potential equivalent to any other choices available, and, if you get tired of having your bellybutton handed to you, will cause some behavior changes in the nature of cooperative play.

No bugs to report.

I like all of you and I am a recovering board-a-holic.  I don't pop off much.

Quit bickering and get back to setting the proper example, please.  Noblesse Oblige.

Funked, I'm really sorry I missed flying with you. I always enjoy it.

Respectfully,

RR

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
Combat Theater Feedback
« Reply #66 on: August 15, 2001, 08:36:00 PM »
.02 cents worth..

I love the concept. I immensely enjoy flying against historical adversaries in a setting more like the CA than a setting like the MA.

Sadly; I hate spitfires unless I'm clearing the six of one; and dislike LW A/C even more.

It's just me.. and I'm not trying to impose my ideals and prefences on anybody else...

But;  :D

Last time I checked, the USA got into the war (eventually) and USAAF A/C started to appear over France... that's when I'll be in there.. every chance I can get.

In the meantime; if anybody needs a Buff pilot in the CA for Allied mission work; lemme know a day ahead of time.. and I'll be glad to help out.

<S!>
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
Combat Theater Feedback
« Reply #67 on: August 16, 2001, 11:38:00 AM »
Don't worry Hang, Pyro looks like he's gonna use Funked's plane set scenario idea.  USAAF planes will appear eventually.  Don't know when each new set will come out though.
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.