Author Topic: What a friking boring game this has become  (Read 5371 times)

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
What a friking boring game this has become
« on: August 17, 2008, 01:35:47 AM »
All I did tonight was chase runners.  Finally, exasperated after a couple hours of this I went to the DA to find a fight and all I found in the furball area were more runners.

What a joke.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
Re: What a friking boring game this has become
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2008, 01:38:25 AM »
I'll DA with yea anytime and not run,just let me know when I'm on.
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2008, 01:40:16 AM »
I logged on and found both fields that had cons at them had all FHs ded.  Yea.  Will get caught up on some sleep I suppose.
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2008, 01:48:34 AM »
All I did tonight was chase runners.  Finally, exasperated after a couple hours of this I went to the DA
spending hours doing that reminds me of a puppy vainly trying to get the bacon the cruel kid waves too high. even a brain damaged puppy wont try for the bacon for that long :D

And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2008, 01:53:41 AM »
Knights and Rooks had a great furball in between 27 and 8.    We see 17's come in.   Two FH's go down.   I flame one and get shot down by a well known buff pilot.   To quell the smart-arses, no, I can careless if I got shot down.   

I logged in disgust.   I'll never understand when folks see a GD good fight going, the first reaction is to stop it.    Go bomb another field or strat target, leave the fight alone.   

But yes, this game is not even close to what it used to be.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2008, 02:13:21 AM »
Ya, great fight between 27 and 8... it was low though, and you tend to fly 15k+ from what I've seen, BE.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2008, 02:28:28 AM »
Ditto on the fight between 27 and 8.  Fun police killed hangers at both while I was on, but it only slowed it for a bit.  The secret was to go in at about 4-5K and wade into the crowd.  Dome really heavy duty fights from there to the deck :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2008, 02:34:33 AM »
Yea, haven't seen a good fight in the MA in some time and then when there is one, a few griefers shut it down.  And the DA is dominated by score boars now, I don't remember anyone wanting to land kills in there before the welfare arena was shut down.
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

"At least I have chicken." 
Member DFC

Offline trotter

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2008, 02:42:41 AM »
DA and "furball lake" is an absolute joke. Get rid of the damn thing, it makes me ashamed of playing this game when I see the behavior in there.

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2008, 02:59:28 AM »
Yea, the fight between 27/8 was fun while it lasted.
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96
Ze LuftVhiners Alliance - 'Don't Focke Wulf Us!'

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2008, 05:37:50 AM »
Risk assessment is part of the game in the MA, but many players take it to ridiculous levels, not engaging unless they have virtually no risk of being shot down and running at any hint of trouble. Since I can only think that many of these players are playing for rank, I guess the only thing that can be done about it is to modify the way scoring is done.

I would like to see the numbers of friendly and enemy players in the vicinity taken into account. So whenever you get a kill the FE tots up the numbers of green and red icons visible around you and uses the result as a score modifier. If there are way more green than red icons visible you get a negative modifier and vice versa.

This encourages score driven pilots to engage in riskier situations. Getting two kills in a 1v2 would be worth way more than getting two in a 4v2, which is as it should be. Those who hide in hordes or who always gangbang would suffer worse scores.

Finally anyone like me who flies mainly for the fight would be more likely to be able to find one.

Offline Hawk55

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2008, 05:53:55 AM »
Knights and Rooks had a great furball in between 27 and 8.    We see 17's come in.   Two FH's go down.   I flame one and get shot down by a well known buff pilot.   To quell the smart-arses, no, I can careless if I got shot down.   

I logged in disgust.   I'll never understand when folks see a GD good fight going, the first reaction is to stop it.    Go bomb another field or strat target, leave the fight alone.   

\

Yea Mash...same the other night.  We had a cv a bit off the coast with no intention of taking the base, just some good old-fashioned low alt furballing. Man it was blast until...In come the buffs to ruin the fun and about 50-60 good pilots log off.
The Lynchmob-Outlaws--HAWK

Offline pluck

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2008, 07:16:35 AM »
ya it makes no sense and it doesn't have anything to do with strat.  These guys see a big bar, up bombers, kill the fh's and no one makes any attempt to capture field.  Happened the other day, I was rtb, and good fight built up around that same area, by the time I got back to base, the fh's were down and several people on country congratulating themselves for the feat....which inolves nothing but taking off from another base, climbing way above the fight, and flying straight to fhs and dropping laser guided bombs with your 2 extra planes.  Of course the fight I was getting back from was just a guy who was in a high 109, who as soon as he lost his alt, ran 15 miles back to his ack, proceeded to come out of it once in a while, trying to lure me into his ack.  After about 10 minutes, I finally got him out.  Not all that fun. 
-Vast
NOSEART
80th FS "Headhunters"

storch

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2008, 07:38:31 AM »
we were lucky.  all we had to do was dive into the ack to kill the VF15 guys.   :D

Offline angelsandair

• Gold Member
      • RT Website
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2008, 07:42:07 AM »

IMO, the Duel Arena is what's changed the most. It used to be a respectable place where any one person could go if they wanted to find a fight. Now, all I can find in it are pickers, runners, and HO-tards.

I found ONE good fight last time I was in the DA. It was (for the most part) a 1 vs. 1, me in a P-40B, him in a P-40E.

<<S>> CRYbaby1
Goto Google and type in "French military victories", then hit "I'm feeling lucky".
Here lie these men on this sun scoured atoll,
The wind for their watcher, the wave for their shroud,
Where palm and pandanus shall whisper forever,
A requiem fitting for heroes