Author Topic: What a friking boring game this has become  (Read 5367 times)

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
Re: What a friking boring game this has become
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2008, 10:25:15 AM »
Hell this is one of the best WW2 Sim's yet ...and i get into alot of fights ...i go down in flames alot but that's the fun of it. last night i had 5 aircraft on me trailing waiting for me to make a mistake i turned and tried to rattle there cage..NOW that was fun!!

50 Cents

Don't take this as a bash, but I know you have been around a while and you kinda ticked me off about a week or so ago, being part of a group of gang tards. I'm posting this film to maybe get some to realise what is wrong with the average player base and to try get some of the veteran players to think about it. Please don't take it as a bash because it's likely we are are guilty of doing the same thing at one time or another.

I posted this film in another topic with a several others, so the film is a repost.

http://www.wargamerx.com/k4/gangtards.ahf

To give a little info on the set up.. It's late at night and there is a only two fights on the map, the giant furball hoard and this one. Essentially There was about 3 friendly aircraft flying to a Nit base and about 3/4 of a Nit Dar there defending. Of course, I know going in I'm gonna be out numbered but IMO that's at least better than being on the hoard side which is what the only other fight was.

I fly in at about 10k and do some basic BnZ type flying, not really my favorite thing to do, but hey I was out numbered and didn't want to get ganged by a bunch of low cons. Anyway Fast Forward to about 7 mins into the film.. I see a lone friendly about to get ganged so I dive in to clear his six, knowing I'll likely end up in the gangbang myself.

Sure enough he gets killed before I can clear him and that puts me at the full attention of the mini hoard. I make a dive out after a few turns to get some distance because there was 5 of you there and I had a 190 that was too close for comfort. I get what I think is a safe distance away (about 1.5k to 2.0) from the pack and decide to make a climb back up and over so I can take control of the fight.

Well, little did I know there was a sneaky Spit16 down low with some E only 1k off my six. As I pulled up and then saw him, I knew I had screwed up and was gonna be in a bit of trouble. So here I am, with 2 Spit16's (one was yours) and a Yak, Nik2 & a 190 all about to gangbang me.. Granted situation is my fault to a degree because after all it is the MA and I'm the dumb idiot at someone else's base looking for a fight. So I guess like some hot Ho in a short skirt I'm just asking for it..

I managed to kill the Nik2 and made the other other spit auger. At that point I managed to get it down to a 3 vs 1 from a 5 vs 1. Of course I tried to make breaks a few times to get the hell out of there.. Howrever that's not going to happen once you are stuck in a fight like that the odds are greatly aginst you. Even if I could have killed another one or two, there was already 2 or 3 more cons coming to pile into the gangbang.

Now what really kind of ticked me off, is with out trying to sound big headed, I quite simply ran circles around the 5 of you in a K4 on the deck at a massive disadvantage and not one of you guys sent me a <S> GF or nothing.  Yet, what really irritates me is the fact that any one or two of you guys could have pulled out of that fight to give me at least a reasonable chance.

As a player that has been around a while why not pull out of the fight and give the other guy a reasonable chance? I mean hell, if I had been in the reverse situation and some lone con had out turned 4 or 5 guys like that on the deck. Well I'd have damn sure pulled off him and watched the fight and likely even let the guy go if he managed to break away. In fact I've done it countless times.

A lot of people think the K4 is uber, but I can damn sure tell you if you are in a chase situation it can be very hard to kill a con. I've had countless situations where I was the first guy on another con's six, just waiting for that perfect shot only to have two or three other green guys jump in my fight.

Even in those situations I'll almost always pull out of the fight rather than being part of the problem, I'll end up giving up what should have been my fight. Yea sure it can been fun to fight 4 or 5 cons in some situations, but when every sortie turns into the same, it's gets old real fast. When you see me acting like a A hole on CH200 calling someone a tard a gangtwit or a dweeb.... 9 times out of 10 it's because of the situation that you see in this film.

Granted we aren't going to stop noobs and general score twits or dweebs from doing it. However if the people that have played this game for a few years do it too.. Well as a community our standards have likely been lowered so much there isn't likely much hope of making things better.

Long story short.. if the community it's self doesn't atempt to raise the bar and the player standards.. well no one else is going to do it either..
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 10:32:14 AM by crockett »
"strafing"

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2008, 10:30:12 AM »
As many times as people make posts on this forum about the annoying/cheap doings going on by other pilots in the game, you'd think the posts and forum community would realize that it doesn't make a lick of difference.  Granted you may be 'spreading' the word, but the only a fraction of what you see in the MA actually reads the forum.  And I'll take my chances that the people you're complaining about don't even log onto this forum, period.
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either

Offline Rondar

• Nickel Member
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2008, 10:39:36 AM »
Ya know, if you take the ammo down for a few bases around where you are fighting, fun police have a long way to haul bombs.  3-4 people in 15 min can fly and knock out several bases if a person has an inkling to do so.
To understand true love, lock your dog and your wife in the trunk of your car for an hour and then see which one is glad to see you when you come back

Offline Dinan

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2008, 10:41:10 AM »
Fly a faster airplane that can catch people if they try to run.

Yeah!  Then when you do catch em and they force the overshoot you can run away too!

Awesome!   :rofl

Offline BnZ

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2008, 10:43:05 AM »
All I did tonight was chase runners.  Finally, exasperated after a couple hours of this I went to the DA to find a fight and all I found in the furball area were more runners.

What a joke.

I don't understand complaints about runners. There are unperked planes fast enough to catch almost anything. There are large numbers of targets that aren't so fast.

On any given night, a large percentage of the planes being flown in the MA will be Spits of various stripes, N1Ks, the odd Hurri and Zeke, etc. and so forth. They can easily be chased down by a P-51, 190 D9, F4U 1A, Yak, La 7, or many other planes on the higher end of the speed scale. Buy a Tempest and you can chase down almost everything in the MA with relative ease.

Offline RoGenT

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2008, 11:22:49 AM »
in defense of runners. Okay, I admit, I will run and/or be timid when I encounter odds that aren't in my favor. 1vs1s, I do extend when need be but most people know I'll turn around and give it try.

True, it is just game but I like to play it smart and on my terms, especially against plane that can turn better than my pony (which is basically everything).

If that makes me considered as cowardly runner, sucks but to each their own style  :salute
:salute Your fellow pony dweeb today!
Offical Knight Morale Officer
#1 Punk Knight on Vtards Hit List
Proud Pig!

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2008, 11:23:44 AM »
The furball at 27/8 was great, about the best 4 hours I've had in this game in a while. The only reason they bomb the FH's in this instance is to tic off those having fun. HTC has said it himself, the main point of this game is to piss the other guy off. Sad but true human nature. I think it should be mandatory that ALL parents should cancel all of the game accounts they are paying for when school starts.  :t Get those kids to pay attention to school.... along with the side benefits we would reap. :D

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2008, 11:27:32 AM »
I think it should be mandatory that ALL parents should cancel all of the game accounts they are paying for when school starts.  :t Get those kids to pay attention to girls....
:aok
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Anodizer

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2008, 11:36:22 AM »
Was having a great time with the whole 27/8 going on..  Too bad I got a little too excited and spoke just a hair too loudly..  Enough to wake up the baby apparently..  Wife ack was pissed...lol
I like classy, beautiful, intelligent woman that say the "F" word a lot....

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2008, 11:42:30 AM »
I like Greebos idea, seeing as most of my kills are overshoots in a hoarde of la7s.  Not that I care about landing and the scoring system.  I would have a good score on ACCIDENT!

:D

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2008, 11:53:03 AM »
Was having a great time with the whole 27/8 going on..  Too bad I got a little too excited and spoke just a hair too loudly..  Enough to wake up the baby apparently..  Wife ack was pissed...lol

Glad to hear I am not the only one that gets in trouble for this.  :confused:

<Salute>
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2008, 12:22:59 PM »
in defense of runners. Okay, I admit, I will run and/or be timid when I encounter odds that aren't in my favor. 1vs1s, I do extend when need be but most people know I'll turn around and give it try.

True, it is just game but I like to play it smart and on my terms, especially against plane that can turn better than my pony (which is basically everything).

If that makes me considered as cowardly runner, sucks but to each their own style  :salute

I had a guy in a run-90 the other day zip past me, take a potshot at my Spit, and then run. I got on his 6 and got a few long shots into him. I wasnt as fast, obviously, and he ran to his naval base ack and circled around while I waited for him to come out. He didnt/wouldnt.

OK so I figure the heck with it and turn back to my base. Well as soon as he saw me leave he would come zipping out, take a stupid shot, and then zip back into his ack after I worked into his 6 again. He did this 4 or 5 times. At the end I said to myself I was just going to ram him in an HO instead of prodding this guy into actually fighting.

I have no problem with somone running to their ack but dont repeatedly come out of it like a little rat and waste sombodys time like that. Had the guy actually engaged me he would have gotten somthing out of it, win or lose. And Ive learned far more from the fights Ive lost then the ones Ive won.

Its that kinda fighting that usually puts me back in a Jabo looking for a CV group. Last nights tank town battles were an exception and the dogfighting was excellent.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2008, 12:26:17 PM »
i dont know guys, i cant say the same, i think the game still rocks the same today as when i first started to play in 03, now i know that dont make me some old timer, but its still quite a long time, all the things that happen now- a- days happened back then too.

last night, i had some great fights, got at least 40 killz even landed some, and thats flying lone wolf, out numbered, if you cant find a fight, i would say its you, not the game.
 no offense to any one but it is very easy to find a fight. last night i was rushing with so much adrenaline i looked at my wife and held out my hand to show her the shaking, laughing, saying "this is why i fly Aces High"   

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2008, 12:27:09 PM »
The game is only boring if you try to look at it as a air to air combat game.  

Offline shreck

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2008, 12:53:59 PM »
The game is only boring if you try to look at it as a air to air combat game.  

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl