Author Topic: PERK PLANES & INDIVIDUAL STRATEGY  (Read 129 times)

Offline MRPLUTO

• Nickel Member
PERK PLANES & INDIVIDUAL STRATEGY
« on: December 26, 2000, 10:28:00 AM »
I'm going to be flying very differently once perk points (PPs) become a reality.  While I always try to survive, now it's going to be very important NOT to die, because you will not only lose PPs, but you'll be giving PPs to your enemy.

Consider this example:  Approaching an enemy field in a Panzer IV, I was attacked at low level by a B-26.  His reasoning was probably, "OK, this is crazy, but if we both die, that's fine because he needs to be stopped and one more death on my record won't matter!"  But I shot him down with my turret machince gun.  I'd expect that would be worth quite a few PPs to me.

Since it seems that PPs may/will(?) be awarded to all pilots belonging to the country that wins the war, country loyalty will be increased. This is because you need to have been a member of that country for the last 24 hours in order to qualify.  (I think it should be even longer.)  What this means is that fellow soldiers who use dweeb tactics will be giving the enemy lots of PPs without accomplishing much.

The pressure will be on pilots & tank commanders to get the job done--defeat the enemy totally so we ALL get PPs--and also not to die dweebishly and give the enemy more PPs than neccesary.

My guess is that the reward for capturing a field will be pretty high, so expect to see lots more enthusiasm when someone calls for a C-47 or M-3.

[I know I have repeated some ideas mentioned in other posts, but I wanted to give them my own "spin".]

/S/ MRPLUTO, VMF-323 "Death Rattlers"

------------------

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2000, 10:46:00 AM »
That is a good idea.

Awarding a set number of victory points to country members when they win the war.

say, 1000 points total (ok this is just a nice round number) distributed along 25 members online.. heehee.. points galore!

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2000, 10:59:00 AM »
Since I pay little attention to score, and prefer the early war planes, I doubt I will pay much attention to perk points.  It will be interesting to see what effect Perk has on the game, though.
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline LaVa

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2000, 11:11:00 AM »
How do ya win the war?

PPs will incourage the use of the entire planeset, the least used airplane will get a ton of points if they shoot down a highly used airplane. ie p38 vs. f4uc etc etc.

Hans

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2000, 07:46:00 AM »
Well, reading the scoring page here on the website there is a snag.

Dieing doesn't affect your Perk Plane score.

All there is to the equation is what your flying, and what he is flying.  Nothing about death modifiers reducing your points if you don't survive.

Hans.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2000, 12:44:00 PM »
Hans,

There is a point multiplier of .25 if you die.

E.g, 8 points earned * .25 when you dies = 2 points for that flight.

------------------
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother

Sisu
-Karnak
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Jochen

• Copper Member
      • http://www.jannousiainen.net
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2001, 05:53:00 AM »
Awarding perk points for winning the war is great idea! Currently winning war means that you lose territory and this causes many players not to go for reset and winning the war which is quite opposite of purpose of war.

If there is sufficient guard time for switching countries this will increase country loyalty which is good thing and makes arena more stable in numbers sense.

Perk points are very good idea, nice HTC!  

------------------
jochen

Kids today! Why can't they fetishize Fascist military hardware like normal people?

Ladysmith wants you forthwith to come to her relief
Burn your briefs you leave for France tonight
Carefully cut the straps of the booby-traps and set the captives free
But don't shoot 'til you see her big blue eyes
jochen Gefechtsverband Kowalewski

Units: I. and II./KG 51, II. and III./KG 76, NSGr 1, NSGr 2, NSGr 20.
Planes: Do 17Z, Ju 87D, Ju 88A, He 111H, Ar 234A, Me 410A, Me 262A, Fw 190A, Fw 190F, Fw 190G.

Sieg oder bolsevismus!

Offline Jimdandy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2001, 03:52:00 PM »
I suggest perk fields and associated factories. I can't remember the name of the German research base but we need something like that. Perk bases would support the perk planes. Perk factories support the perk bases. Capture a perk base from the enemy and you can lunch your perk planes from there. Bomb enemy perk factories and you limit their perk planes. I think a couple of degrees of perk planes might be good also. Planes like the Me 262 or Me 163 can only fly out of perk bases. Planes like the P-51H or the P-47M can fly out of any base. Special planes like the Me 262 were a major drain on the economy. Spare parts were hard to come by. Planes like the P-51H were based on more common technology, materials, manufacturing and such. The biggest reason I would like to se something like this is to get some good strat bombing going. It was bad enough before the new version but now it seems no one goes after even an HQ. Even then the HQ was about all anyone would bomb. It's a little one dimensional.

Offline flakbait

• Silver Member
      • http://www.worldaccessnet.com/~delta6
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2001, 06:12:00 PM »
Peenemunde (I know I spelled it wrong) is the joint you're thinking of. That and Reichlin were the two biggest hotbeds of German air testing. Both tested the Me-262 and Me-163, Peenemunde also checked out the V-weapons, fitted planes for testing of their guided missile programs, and other fun stuff.

-----------------------
Flakbait
Delta 6's Flight School
"For yay did the sky darken, and split open and spew forth fire, and
through the smoke rode the Four Wurgers of the Apocalypse.
And on their canopies was tattooed the number of the Beast, and the
number was 190." Jedi, Verse Five, Capter Two, The Book of Dweeb