Author Topic: 262 help  (Read 826 times)

Offline uberslet

• Silver Member
262 help
« on: August 20, 2008, 08:30:07 PM »
Was just wondering if anyone would be willing to help me with the 262, tater convergance, max G-load, and even a wingup in the MA some night.  :salute
MasonZ - In-game ID
=Wings of Terror= - MA Squad
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
Re: 262 help
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 08:34:04 PM »
I have the top bank set to 300 and the bottom bank set to 600.  :aok

Offline uberslet

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2008, 08:54:25 PM »
shoot at 200? all 4 or just 1 set then the other set of 30's?
MasonZ - In-game ID

Offline HAMMERR

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2008, 11:06:02 PM »
if i'm after fighters its all guns to 300.. shoot one set at a time.

if I KNOW i'm after bombers, its 300-600 converge and shoot all guns.

I take the first setup 80% of the time since it has no problem with bombers and i usually see fighters.

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2008, 02:08:49 AM »
I have mine set at max range on all.
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2008, 03:54:36 AM »
I have mine at like 275 -300, i don't shoot till i'm on top of them.

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2008, 09:55:43 AM »
  Set mine all the way out, i use slashing attacks and shoot from far out, by the time I'm at D400, they're either dead or falling down. And if you try this tactic and it doesn't work for you, then it's not your flying, it's your aim.

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2008, 10:04:19 AM »
Im using the "shotgun" convergence myself: One set to 300, other to 600 yards, and firing mostly both sets together for max effect. Personally I don't like to change convergence according to what kind of fight I do expect, I prefer consistancy.

Apart from that: 262's can endure a lot of  stress, the problem is just that it's very easy to push it beyond the usual limits, due to it's high speed/acceleration and very good responsiveness at those high speeds. I can't give you any exact numbers on G load right now, I have to admit that I almost never watch any instruments when fighting. Just be careful, be easy & gentle with the 262 especially when the fuel tanks are still full. Best way to learn the limits would be to do some 262 flights offline or in TA, trying to push the limits. Learn to listen to the sounds (wind/ groaning airframe)

More than with other fighters its important to think ahead when in combat. Use your insane zoom climb capabilty.
When attacking bombers, don't rely on your speed alone, don't think "Naw, he cant hit me at 500mph". Use your speed to set up your attack like you would do with any other fighter - don't attack from 6 or rear quarters in general.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 10:15:45 AM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2008, 10:04:51 AM »
I can help show you how to die in one every time   :D
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2008, 10:22:44 AM »
I suck at 262. I had some effective sortie with it if I am patient enough. My 30mm cv are set at 200 yards, and I only fire 1 set at a time to conserve ammo.
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96
Ze LuftVhiners Alliance - 'Don't Focke Wulf Us!'

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2008, 12:00:19 PM »
I can help show you how to die in one every time   :D

My time to shine..  :D

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline uberslet

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2008, 09:18:35 PM »
Im using the "shotgun" convergence myself: One set to 300, other to 600 yards, and firing mostly both sets together for max effect. Personally I don't like to change convergence according to what kind of fight I do expect, I prefer consistancy.

Apart from that: 262's can endure a lot of  stress, the problem is just that it's very easy to push it beyond the usual limits, due to it's high speed/acceleration and very good responsiveness at those high speeds. I can't give you any exact numbers on G load right now, I have to admit that I almost never watch any instruments when fighting. Just be careful, be easy & gentle with the 262 especially when the fuel tanks are still full. Best way to learn the limits would be to do some 262 flights offline or in TA, trying to push the limits. Learn to listen to the sounds (wind/ groaning airframe)

More than with other fighters its important to think ahead when in combat. Use your insane zoom climb capabilty.
When attacking bombers, don't rely on your speed alone, don't think "Naw, he cant hit me at 500mph". Use your speed to set up your attack like you would do with any other fighter - don't attack from 6 or rear quarters in general.
any chance we could wing up sometime in MA Snail?weather or not CO would let me swap countries im not sure.
MasonZ - In-game ID

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2008, 10:41:59 PM »
Snails is good in the 262. I personally take it up and maybe get 2 or 3 kills. Can't get the feel of the 30mm's fall rate. Always takes me 30 rounds to actually hit the guy.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2008, 07:08:36 AM »
any chance we could wing up sometime in MA Snail?weather or not CO would let me swap countries im not sure.

No problem, I can switch countries. Message me If ya see me online (but note I'm frequently AFK for longer times.) But maybe it would be even better to do a few 262 brawls in the TA first. That way you can learn the limits AND they are fun... 90% of my MA 262 runs incredibly boring to watch

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2008, 07:16:21 AM »
Can't get the feel of the 30mm's fall rate. Always takes me 30 rounds to actually hit the guy.

LOL, I'm not better than you. I do "waste" a lot of rounds due to the mentioned "shotgun convergence" and being relatively trigger happy.
Unlike in 109's, im more generous when firing 30mms in a 262, especially when attacking fighters. In a 109 I may not take a shot because I only have few taters and I'm able to get into a much better, closer firing position. In a 262, I often have only that one and very brief opportunity. When pulling lead, I'm always pulling much more than I'd think to be necessary, then unleashing a hail of taters sweeping across my target.