Author Topic: Give the people what they want  (Read 3377 times)

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Re: Give the people what they want
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2008, 09:51:05 AM »
You are making assumptions about things you have no knowledge of.
O noes........Krustytwit got owned! :aok :rofl

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline dunnrite

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2008, 09:51:26 AM »
O noes........Krustytwit got owned! :aok :rofl

:rofl
Amazing you could actually recruit that much suck into one squad.
Your Proctologist called, they found your head.

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2008, 10:05:08 AM »
in generlal the player base is not having FUN.  The tremendous response to the "Bring back the MA" and "this game is booring" posts speaks volumes. 
TC

Well give that the "tremendous" response is still comming from what i would guess is less than 1 % of the people playing im not so sure. Its the very vocal minority (maybe) that feels this way. I will not begin to guess how many customers they have but if you take a look at who is posting in threads its usually one or maybe two dozen _different_ people. Doesnt mean that they (we) are not worth listening too, but it puts things into some sort of perspective.

Offline batdog

• Silver Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com/
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2008, 10:12:20 AM »
Very simplfied:

Lag, rubber bullets etc are all data related as we all know. The issue that Skuzzy has w/someone pointing at the servers is that most have NO clue how the infrastructure of going from ones PC to the HTC servers and then back w/a bit of data (haha..get it..bit of data... okay nm) is so full of variables beyond his control.

Your PC and cause issues and lag.... your local cabling from your PC to your outside connection. The various routers used along the path can be issues.... the actual back bones your data travel on. DOes this data have priorty for this part of the path? Good lord there are so many things that can affect YOUR view of the game its mind boggling....and it can effect how others see your plane of course as well.

All Skuz can do is make sure is network is good to go... monitor his local backbone as best as possiable and run w/it.

If he says it looks good then the issue is somewhere he has no control over.

Skuzzy and HTC do a bang up job I think.

Of course, I only see what he posts here and what he does in the MA.  I know virtually nothing about the man.  I think its important for people to realize that we don't really know squat about each other.... definately not enough to use words like "hate".

AKDejaVu

Offline Solar10

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2008, 11:04:11 AM »

my 2C for what its worth...

Not much.
~Hells Angels~
Solar10

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2008, 11:20:15 AM »
The "servers hardly stressed" bit is BS. SOMEthing is stressed. Check out high-volume FSOs and scenarios where we get dozens upon dozens of UFO dots that aren't really there.

And you know for a fact that the servers aren't "hardly stressed" ?

Hardware and software are 2 separate entities that work together ... the "servers" (hardware), I believe are not stressed at all. The software may be stressed, but that would only be a guess and I could be ...

PWND
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Fencer51

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2008, 11:28:11 AM »

Must be a day with "Y" in it for that to be true of Krusty.
Fencer
The names of the irrelevant have been changed to protect their irrelevance.
The names of the innocent and the guilty have not been changed.
As for the innocent, everyone needs to know they are innocent –
As for the guilty… they can suck it.

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2008, 12:09:25 PM »
I played the other sim during the time period when it was found that many of the top "vets" were actually flying in Easy Mode.  Having multiple FM's was one of the three things that virtually destroyed the player base. 

No thank you.   I don't mind auto take off for those who need it, but adding a dumbed down flight model is an unmitigated disaster in the making.   

<S>
"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue

Offline bcadoo

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2008, 12:13:39 PM »
I want more wednesday babes! Please!

But with relaxed realism!
The fight is the fun........Don't run from the fun!
"Nothin' cuts the taste of clam juice like a big hunk o' chocolate" - Rosie O'Donnell

Offline shreck

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2008, 12:43:00 PM »
Titanic tuesday has the most UFOs, the most lag, the most rubber bullets and "funky" issues, to the point I will NOT log into the MAs anymore on Tuesday.

Good ! we will N O T miss your HOness  :lol

Offline gvs

• Zinc Member
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2008, 12:54:27 PM »
Yes, HTC Listens to its users, the problem is, They don't listen to their non-paying users. If HTC listened to ALL of their users h2h would still be here... h2h was what had the most users that have at their same skill level, When h2h went away I was just starting to be and Ace... that all changed... Maybe HTC should keep h2h and maybe if the users get good enough maybe they will Pay... I was thinking about starting to pay but noooo... bye bye h2h and HTC's money from me, in h2h I was starting to be able to fight some of the better pilots that play h2h and MA. HTC stoped my favorite game, So I stopped playing it and went to BFV and BF1942. Every time I see the AH2 Commercial on the Military Channel I roll my eyes, Mainly at the part where you guys stole off of Medal Of honor where they Shoot the game name and logo... Not trying to get anyone banned/kicked/mad or anything I'm just giveing my 2 cents. My Question for Skuzzy is, Why did you guys take h2h away? I don't need an answer right away but I would like one. One day I had to uninstall AH2 for a better game, I think anyways, America's Army. Since then I have all forgotten how to fly on AH2, when and if AH2 h2h comes back, I'm not ganna trust you guys anymore since you took it away last time. I hope my 2 cents was what it was worth, I need those pennies.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2008, 12:57:02 PM »
Yes, HTC Listens to its users, the problem is, They don't listen to their non-paying users. If HTC listened to ALL of their users h2h would still be here... h2h was what had the most users that have at their same skill level, When h2h went away I was just starting to be and Ace... that all changed... Maybe HTC should keep h2h and maybe if the users get good enough maybe they will Pay... I was thinking about starting to pay but noooo... bye bye h2h and HTC's money from me, in h2h I was starting to be able to fight some of the better pilots that play h2h and MA. HTC stoped my favorite game, So I stopped playing it and went to BFV and BF1942. Every time I see the AH2 Commercial on the Military Channel I roll my eyes, Mainly at the part where you guys stole off of Medal Of honor where they Shoot the game name and logo... Not trying to get anyone banned/kicked/mad or anything I'm just giveing my 2 cents. My Question for Skuzzy is, Why did you guys take h2h away? I don't need an answer right away but I would like one. One day I had to uninstall AH2 for a better game, I think anyways, America's Army. Since then I have all forgotten how to fly on AH2, when and if AH2 h2h comes back, I'm not ganna trust you guys anymore since you took it away last time. I hope my 2 cents was what it was worth, I need those pennies.

Step away from the crack pipe.

[edit] and I sense the PNG club emerging from it's spot in the closet.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline gvs

• Zinc Member
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2008, 01:00:31 PM »
I'm Not Jokeing around. And I don't do drugs, That is to much crap to take when You were just about to make a name for your self... Try to Think about people that care.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2008, 01:06:22 PM »
I'm Not Jokeing around. And I don't do drugs, That is to much crap to take when You were just about to make a name for your self... Try to Think about people that care.

You sure are making a name for yourself now ... but coming directly from H2H and making a huge splash in the MA pond ... I think not. It would have been a rude awakening for you.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2008, 01:06:51 PM »

Fair enough. I don't know what it is. I don't know it's the server. The server may be fine. However the end result is that something can't handle things as well on Tuesday as on any other day of the week. The same end results are seen on scenarios and FSOs with increasing regularity as we push the limit on the number of pilots in a single arena.

So I don't know it's the server. But it has to be something on the server's side. Sorry for generalizing.