Author Topic: Where's All of the P47 Pilots hiding?  (Read 1337 times)

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Re: Where's All of the P47 Pilots hiding?
« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2008, 07:56:55 PM »
<--Member of the 56th that joined the evil K4 flying Muppets someone mentioned earlier..

<---Flies K4's AND jugs...

and no Jugs will not outturn a K4.

Have a nice day.  :aok

Shut up Banana head :D
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2008, 08:03:54 PM »
<--Member of the 56th that joined the evil K4 flying Muppets someone mentioned earlier..

Thank you. If you beat Platano in his K4, I will drive to BFE and mow your yard (hurry, as Summer's Almost Gone)
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2008, 10:55:23 PM »
Toad and I have fought otd he in a Yak and me in a D11.  I got the Jug so slow he augered.  Yep....the jug was still flying

Let me know if you'd like to try out a D11 otd against a Yak T sometime. Theoretically only advantage I'd have is slight advantage in turn rate and the 37mm.   :D

<S>...-Gixer
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 10:58:05 PM by Gixer »

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: September 01, 2008, 11:05:06 PM »
If nothing else, a P47-40 is a great ride for ground attack.  It's personally my favorite plane for blasting a VH or CV.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline LaFever

• Zinc Member
« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2008, 12:41:52 AM »
The jug is very simple to fly because the ROE to fly it effectively are so strict. It's is a matter of knowing what it can and can't do. It is not a ride for the undisciplined or the impatient. A light jug with is very dangerous low, better than a Hellcat IMHO because of views,toughness and guns. Also, the flaps pop out at 400 whereas most rides need 250 or under.
Think about this: Each 1/4 tank of gas=550lbs and 3400 rds of ammo =~ 1100lbs. With 1/2 gas you can get 3,400 fpm climb and give the K4 a run for it's money in a turny fight (still at a slight disadvantage) I haven't flown a fighter whose performance envelope changes so drastically with weight change. JUGS ROCK!

Offline MajIssue

• Silver Member
      • "False Prophets"
« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2008, 01:39:48 PM »
If you like Juggs, come to Bishland Talen... As you well know from the times you have been over here, ThndrEGG regularly runs Jugg missions where 20-30 P47D-40s will wreak havok. I appreciate the fact that 'EGG runs 'em high and fast, where the P47 shines. :D
X.O. False Prophets
Altitude is Life
If you keep ignoring "Wife Ack" it will go away.

Offline MajIssue

• Silver Member
      • "False Prophets"
« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2008, 01:44:13 PM »
If any jug pilot here can regularly beat a decent stick in a K4, I'll drive to whatever state he lives in and mow his yard :aok

Sacramento, CA... you're in luck, my front yard is small, and my back yard is a large patio and landscaping (no grass). :lol :rofl :lol :rofl :lol
X.O. False Prophets
Altitude is Life
If you keep ignoring "Wife Ack" it will go away.

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: September 02, 2008, 03:27:37 PM »

I hope you learned something yesterday ;)  :aok

<---Only Flies jugs, mainly Razorback :aok
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 03:29:18 PM by TonyJoey »

Offline redman555

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: September 02, 2008, 07:55:01 PM »
I feel like I'm the only one flying besides my squadron on rook nation. Any other P47 fans/pilots/squadrons on the dark side?  :O

Would see if we could put something together but i know J.U.G.S is supposed to be flying today i think. Any P47 pilots squadless atm? Just wondering....  :D

Also if there is a JUGS meeting today i have something special planned.  :rock

I am a 47 pilot, have been for close to 5 years now, i love that bird, even tho it is WAY under powered

-BigBOBCH
~364th C-HAWKS FG~

Ingame: BigBOBCH

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: September 02, 2008, 08:38:57 PM »
i really like the jug, d-40 is my fav, even tho i wish they would let us have the "m"
the worst part about the jug in the game is the fact that we can't "hotrod" it.
that may sound crazy and for the game might not be even possible!
 but wouldn't you love too turn that monster up to 80 plus boost and just fly off and leave all those germans eating your dust! :rofl :rofl :rofl
this is something that did happen and is very American(hot roding i mean) p-38s and jugs as well as ponies all gotta little tweak here and there depending on the crew chief's ability and the pilots desire! as well as most of the German planes,
 just not sure how to do it. (really think it would be simple use of perk points!)hotrod p-47- n with over boost- 20 perks
 those things aside A.H. is not were the jug shines, mostly low level stuff is not what this plane was built for. that being said there is no prouder moment than when i get a kill in a jug of a good German fighter, they don't happen often in this game but they are very satisfying! :aok
Flying since tour 71.

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: September 02, 2008, 08:41:12 PM »
those things aside A.H. is not were the jug shines, mostly low level stuff is not what this plane was built for.

Blasphemy! :aok ;)