Author Topic: what plane give you trouble?  (Read 1869 times)

Offline Mr Blue

• Zinc Member
what plane give you trouble?
« on: August 22, 2008, 01:31:11 PM »
Ok..
when you are flying.. what is that 1 plane you are scared of to go against.. like.. you know ur gona lose or have a really hard time fighting..
(dont say ur not scared of any plane or that u never have hard times fighting.. cuz thats bull)

I 80% of the time fly the F6F and for some reason when i see a P51D i think.. ooohhh boy,, here we go again  :frown: but to tell the truth i think i killed more P51d then died to them..

and i love going against spits and N1K2 but those 2 planes are the ones that kills me the most to tell the truth.. im starting to respect them more.. i know it has a LOT to do with the pilot. but man.. I have trouble with those 2.. in total. i killed like 10 spits and died like 20something.. :cry (yea i know.. im new and stuff.. ben playing a little over 3-4 weeks only)
and most of the times that i see a F4U or a 190 i do really good.. :aok

so what about u?
Just for fun

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
Re: what plane give you trouble?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 01:32:38 PM »
Anything that's 300 yards on my 6 while i'm doing 150 knts OTD.
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96
Ze LuftVhiners Alliance - 'Don't Focke Wulf Us!'

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 01:32:46 PM »
Ju-88...

BB guns.. low speed... but who doesn't like uneven odds?  :D

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline Platano

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2008, 01:35:59 PM »
Anything that's 300 yards on my 6 while i'm doing 150 knts OTD.

what he said.
Army of Muppets

Fly Luftwaffe.

Offline halo342

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2008, 01:46:57 PM »
Tachyon's Tempest
Oh my God, what has the Internet evolved itself into? :huh

Offline BnZ

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2008, 01:52:47 PM »
The La7 vrs. P-51/190 type fight is the only one I can think of off the top of my head where both the extending door is closed and where a substantially less savvy pilot is going to have much chance of outmaneuvering me.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2008, 01:55:41 PM »
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2008, 01:58:49 PM »
Ok..
when you are flying.. what is that 1 plane you are scared of to go against.. like.. you know ur gona lose or have a really hard time fighting..
(dont say ur not scared of any plane or that u never have hard times fighting.. cuz thats bull)

I 80% of the time fly the F6F and for some reason when i see a P51D i think.. ooohhh boy,, here we go again  :frown: but to tell the truth i think i killed more P51d then died to them..

and i love going against spits and N1K2 but those 2 planes are the ones that kills me the most to tell the truth.. im starting to respect them more.. i know it has a LOT to do with the pilot. but man.. I have trouble with those 2.. in total. i killed like 10 spits and died like 20something.. :cry (yea i know.. im new and stuff.. ben playing a little over 3-4 weeks only)
and most of the times that i see a F4U or a 190 i do really good.. :aok

so what about u?

I think you appreciate the fights against the spit and N1k because you are competeting on similar terms.  In general I feel it's the similarities between too aircraft that make for an interesting encounter rather than the differences.  With the F6F vs. the P-51 for most MA style engagements the 51 with E can remain more or less untouched if he chooses to.  Alternatively if the Hellcat can exploit a sizable advantage in initial E, or can sucker the 51 into a close in knife fight the hellcat should emerge the victor.  Pilot skill can influence this of course but I think it's generally true.  The give and take in an engagment between similar aircraft is what I find thrilling.  

Personally I usually have trouble against a well flown F4U, Ki-84, and Spit16.  I wouldn't describe it as being "afraid" to fight these types, there isn't enough at stake for that.  But they are some of the types I know I could be in for a signicant tangle if the stick knows his stuff.  In fact the more I think about it I think I associate these types with some people I've had some good fights with that I've come out on the bottom of.  AKDogg in his F4U, LippyCH in his Ki-84, and FX1 in his Spit16. I lose more than I win against these guys but it's entertaining one way or the other and usually good for a laugh.
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline sethipus

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2008, 02:05:01 PM »
When I'm flying my K4 I think the plane I fear the most is the KI-84, followed by the Spit16, Yak, and probably a couple of others.

The Yaks I fear so much because most of the guys who fly the Yak kind of specialize in it, and they're very good.  I don't mind a crappy Yak pilot in my K4, but the Yak dudes out there usually hand me my trash.

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2008, 02:14:12 PM »
I can't fly a 38 to well and when i see one hovering well above me i get worried.  1/2 the time they don't know what they're doing like myself, but ya never know till they in on ya.

High 262's and temps 

I like flying the spit 8, when I see another spit 8 i get nervous

Ground targets would be whirbs.

I noticed while checking my score using HTC's for IE only spread type sheet thingy, that I died more often to CV gunners than anything else. 

Offline captkaos

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2008, 02:16:47 PM »
The F6F because it seems that Greebo is always in flying the F6F's that I run into.

Offline *PAPA*

• Zinc Member
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2008, 02:20:37 PM »
I only have trouble with those dang planes with red icons.  They are just a bunch SOBEs (sons of biscuit eaters) :lol
All Your Base Belong to us.

Offline xtyger

• Nickel Member
      • Fred's Humboldt Blog
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2008, 02:28:48 PM »
I don't really worry about plane type when I've got friendlies nearby. When I end up in a one on one, all alone, I get a bit nervous when my opponent has a Spit 16, Hurricane 2c or Jap Zero. When I see one of those planes' icons I'm thinking to myself, "Hope this guy's a newbie...".

Offline dkff49

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2008, 02:34:29 PM »
The hurri's and Zero's are the ones that I am almost sure to lose to. Of course this is mostly because I love to turn fight and the Spit9 that I usually fly does not do well in that type of fighting against those planes. That is unless they are new players.
Haxxor has returned!!!!
Dave

Offline Jing0

• Zinc Member
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2008, 02:36:21 PM »
Zeros make me nervous.

As I almost always fly a hurri Im used to things running away from me very quick, whilst Im being overtaken by stationary objects. I dont mind this much as the hurri turns beautifully , they miss, overshoot, and then wonder why they can hear hailstones on their canopy (8x303s ftw :D )
I dont like the zero simply cos it can go faster AND turn better  :mad:  which isnt very fair. Im twisting and turning like a snake on hit tin thru a furball dodging bullets and pickers only to find my tail being chewed off by a zero that wont get stuffed.

I now Ho on sight till I can find a better solution!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 02:37:57 PM by Jing0 »