Author Topic: what plane give you trouble?  (Read 1875 times)

Offline John Curnutte

• Nickel Member
      • Precisionsquad.org
Re: what plane give you trouble?
« Reply #60 on: August 23, 2008, 12:17:50 PM »
For me its the C-Hoogs for sure and yaks , sometimes though when your in good S/A and see a guy coming in you just know he's a sharp stick regardless of the plane . :mad:
Don't be afraid to put it out there , if it gets cut off it'll grow back
On your mark , Get set , go away !

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #61 on: August 23, 2008, 12:21:48 PM »
Why?  It's one of the most simplest planes to counter.  If you don't get stupid and enter into a lufberry turn fight, they are easy to out maneuver.  A spiral climb or other vertical maneuvers are pretty much sufficient enough to counter a Hurricane. 

ack-ack

I'VE BEEN FLYING AGAINST bigrat in some version of the f4u vs me in f6f. i've come at him with alt advantage, i've come at him co-alt, and i've locked on his six, only to overshoot when he does that landing gear thing. once he's on my six, i can't seem to shake him..........it is a hard plane to fight against....at least for me it is.....any ideas?

i also have to add.....lAst night i was flying mw, at a1. n72, tbarone, tyrant and a few others were there, picking, and ho'in. to give em credit though, they never vulched. i finally got pissed off with the ho'in, and broke down and returned the favor. i lost one(sorta as i was able to limp her back to the runway) and only put a few rounds in the wing of the other.
 they were in p51, then p38, then me110. i had trouble with all of them....possibly because they had major e adavantages on me. i switched from the hellcat to the spit9, then to the p47. i fought rvflyer in a p38, and i ran out of gas just after the first merge. i couldn't believe i actually got the kill on that one too....just before i bellyflopped.

i noticed the jug is agonizingly low turning at low speed, but flaps helped a lot. i think i could learn to like that one.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 12:31:05 PM by CAP1 »
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: August 23, 2008, 12:43:39 PM »
I used to always underestimate the Ki-61.  Not any more.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline valdals

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #63 on: August 23, 2008, 12:53:23 PM »
a6m2 and p38

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: August 23, 2008, 01:42:58 PM »
a6m2 and p38

The p38 in the right hands is tough plane to beat. In the wrong hands it is a very very easy kill.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #65 on: August 23, 2008, 03:40:53 PM »
Try that with an good pilot and you will have a long way to fall asking yourself, How did he do that?

LOL...are you that good pilot you're talking about?  Hate to tell you, the only thing the Hurricane can do better than the P-38 is turn on the horizontal plane.  If the P-38 uses vertical turns, the Hurricane can't match.  Since you challenged me in another thread, we can take this as the opportunity for you to show me how to 'walk the walk'.  What do you say CO of the Rolling Flatulence or you just like the rest of your squad, meak and timid?

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #66 on: August 23, 2008, 03:47:24 PM »
LOL...are you that good pilot you're talking about?  Hate to tell you, the only thing the Hurricane can do better than the P-38 is turn on the horizontal plane.  If the P-38 uses vertical turns, the Hurricane can't match.  Since you challenged me in another thread, we can take this as the opportunity for you to show me how to 'walk the walk'.  What do you say CO of the Rolling Flatulence or you just like the rest of your squad, meak and timid?

ack-ack
[/quote

<<<< pulls up and chair and pops a beer.

this SHOULD be good. :rock
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline Hazzer

• Copper Member
      • Fleetwood town F.C. Cod Army
« Reply #67 on: August 23, 2008, 03:53:28 PM »
Tempest...I fly the FW 190A8.  :frown:
"I murmured that I had no Shoes,till I met a man that had no Feet."

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #68 on: August 23, 2008, 04:10:15 PM »
That isn't base defense, that is feeding perk points/score to the other guys.   :P

Base defense is when you up from a place you can gain altitude at and come in on the attackers from at least something resembling E parity and do some good.
Not necessarily -- you need one poor goob to keep upping so the vulchers remain low and relatively slow so your buddies have maximum advantage when they arrive.  We usually call said goob the "Target." 

Hey, wait a minute!
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #69 on: August 23, 2008, 04:12:45 PM »
Not necessarily -- you need one poor goob to keep upping so the vulchers remain low and relatively slow so your buddies have maximum advantage when they arrive.  We usually call said goob the "Target." 

Hey, wait a minute!

This is a VERY viable tactic I have seen used MANY TIMES.   I'll always laugh too because I'll tell them what's about to happen over range and they reply: "Well RTB then and we'll continue vultching."    Green channel is usually in overload.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 04:46:27 PM by Masherbrum »
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: August 23, 2008, 05:03:39 PM »

Hey, wait a minute!

Love em or hate em I watched from the tower as the Bops busted a cap one night in a very effective manner.  They all launched at one time from every direction and hanger that they could and the cap was busted within minutes.  It truely was a thing of beauty.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #71 on: August 23, 2008, 05:08:34 PM »
Love em or hate em I watched from the tower as the Bops busted a cap one night in a very effective manner.  They all launched at one time from every direction and hanger that they could and the cap was busted within minutes.  It truely was a thing of beauty.
:rofl :rofl

can you imagine the chatter going on on the radio of the guys vulching????? :rofl :rofl :rofl
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline NEARY

• Nickel Member
      • The 18th FG Killer Chihuahuas
« Reply #72 on: August 23, 2008, 05:36:20 PM »
zekes,going head on with 110,yaks,when im in a-20 and allison gets on my 6 in n1k,tempest,when im in a formation of b-26s and rmrider sneaks up behind me in his 262,and the one i am scared of the most....

GOONS :uhoh
The 18th FG Killer Chihuahuas.since tour 97.        CO: KCTHUNDR(me)
 ( NEARY tours 96- 107) 2nd in command: Penguin. www.freewebs.com/18thfg   in game i.d.: KCTHUNDR

OBey Teh ChIHuaHUa!!! BWAHAHAHAHA!!!11!!!1

Offline NEARY

• Nickel Member
      • The 18th FG Killer Chihuahuas
« Reply #73 on: August 23, 2008, 05:38:00 PM »
:rofl :rofl

can you imagine the chatter going on on the radio of the guys vulching????? :rofl :rofl :rofl
I GET MAD WHEN PEOPLE VULCH MY FLAMING A-20 WING OFF AND IM ABOUT TO CLICK "END SORTIE" :mad:
The 18th FG Killer Chihuahuas.since tour 97.        CO: KCTHUNDR(me)
 ( NEARY tours 96- 107) 2nd in command: Penguin. www.freewebs.com/18thfg   in game i.d.: KCTHUNDR

OBey Teh ChIHuaHUa!!! BWAHAHAHAHA!!!11!!!1

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #74 on: August 23, 2008, 06:31:33 PM »
Its not the plane as it is the stick. I learned more from the fights I lost yesterday then 10x the same amount of ones I won.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"