Author Topic: No way in hell on field capture in the CA... instead  (Read 306 times)

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
No way in hell on field capture in the CA... instead
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2001, 04:47:00 PM »
Nash,

If we still had a search feature it would be simple to see why I reacted the way I did.

My "bbs police" reputation pales in comparison to mark's desire to stop by every thread and call me "bbs police".

Now its to the point where he is himself become what he is making fun of.  To the point of looking like a dipshit.

Enough said.

AKDejaVu

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2001, 07:10:00 PM »
Hmm i see nifty making a reference to BBS police... Not mark...

SKurj

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2001, 09:48:00 AM »
Originally posted by AKDejaVu:
Nash,

If we still had a search feature it would be simple to see why I reacted the way I did.

My "bbs police" reputation pales in comparison to mark's desire to stop by every thread and call me "bbs police".

Now its to the point where he is himself become what he is making fun of.  To the point of looking like a dipXXXX.

Enough said.

AKDejaVu

Actually, it's the fact that you're one of the most defensive people on this BBS that explains why you reacted the way you did.   ;)  Lighten up, Deja.   :)
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2001, 11:33:00 AM »
Actually, it's the fact that you're one of the most defensive people on this BBS that explains why you reacted the way you did.  Lighten up, Deja.

And the fact that a few people such as yourself and mr luper are more than happy to point that out means what?  The dipshit rule still aplies.. smiley face or not.

AKDejaVu

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2001, 12:13:00 PM »
Originally posted by AKDejaVu:
And the fact that a few people such as yourself and mr luper are more than happy to point that out means what?
AKDejaVu

means I am just like you in the fact that sometimes I'll take a jab or plant a barb, whatever you want to call it, at someone.  Difference is that when the barb is aimed at me, I just blush in embarrassment if I messed up or I grin, bear it, and say "Touché!"  It's not a personal issue I have with you, or whomever else I hurl a jest at.  If it was, I sure wouldn't post it on a public forum.  Any "personal attack" I make in a public forum/arena is going to be in jest, and shouldn't be taken seriously.  In light of that, if you still don't want me to make comments of that nature in your direction, I won't do it again.

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2001, 12:27:00 PM »
means I am just like you in the fact that sometimes I'll take a jab or plant a barb, whatever you want to call it, at someone.

With mr luper... it went well past that.  This thread had been dead for 2 days and he bumped it up with his contribution.  Dead for another day and a half and you follow it up with yours.

No participation in the thread other than that.

Use all the smileys in the world.  They aren't "get out of jail free" cards.  Mr luper's assessment was wrong.  Your follow up followed suit.

Difference is that when the barb is aimed at me, I just blush in embarrassment if I messed up or I grin, bear it, and say "Touch".

And if you didn't mess up?  Once again.. this thread was started before the new forum was created.  How do you respond to being hooked out of season?  Me thinks you may have completely missed that.

It's not a personal issue I have with you, or whomever else I hurl a jest at. If it was, I sure wouldn't post it on a public forum. Any "personal attack" I make in a public forum/arena is going to be in jest, and shouldn't be taken seriously. In light of that, if you still don't want me to make comments of that nature in your direction, I won't do it again.

Thankyou for the psych eval.  And thankyou for promising not to do it again.

By the way, at what point does jokingly calling someone "BBS police" cease to be funny anymore?  When you think so, or when the person you're throwing the phrase at thinks so?

AKDejaVu

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2001, 01:13:00 PM »
I'm only replying to answer some questions you asked, otherwise I would have let it go.

either on when it ceases to be funny (in regards to any joke, except the LW jokes.  those will never die apparently.)  You've made it known it's not funny to you, case closed with respect to that.

The "when I didn't mess up" was implied on the "grin and bear it" part.  My mistake for not explicitly saying that.

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2001, 01:45:00 PM »
DJV, check your private messages.
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2001, 01:50:00 PM »
Originally posted by Nifty:
(in regards to any joke, except the LW jokes.  those will never die apparently.)  

Why would it suddenly change now? It's been the same tune pretty much since WarBirds, it's not like Aces High invented the LuftWhiner remarks.
-SW

Offline skernsk

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2001, 01:53:00 PM »
What was the question?

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2001, 02:38:00 PM »
I like powdered donuts.

Offline Fury

• Copper Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2001, 02:48:00 PM »
All the strat talk for the CA is great, I've read a bunch of stuff here and on General that got my interest.

Hopefully CA won't be MA with a historic plane matchup, but I'm not sure how to implement that.

I'm also not sure how much HTC can/will do "just for" the CA since they are still small and still working on getting the MA to where they want it.

I wonder what type of "short-term" things we can ask for in the CA that can already be implemented or might not take a ton of extra work.  Otherwise I'm afraid it may be a long wait for some of the cool stuff I've read.

Am I in the right topic?  Wasn't sure there for a while.

--Fury
"I love you, you love me, we're a great big fam-i-ly" -- Barney

[ 08-21-2001: Message edited by: Fury ]

Offline Mark Luper

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2001, 10:18:00 PM »
LOL! Got your goat did I AKDejaVu? Sorry it caused a commotion but one point I may make  is that it was not a dead topic on my  computer, just on yours.  

Have a good day  :D

MarkAT

Keep the shiny side up!

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2001, 10:44:00 PM »
Posts in this thread shortly after the new forum was created.  Most were observant enough to notice that.  Some where not.  Draw your own conclusions.

Point taken.