Author Topic: Camera Shots / High Quality  (Read 1956 times)

Offline BMathis

• Platinum Member
Re: Camera Shots / High Quality
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2008, 03:24:04 PM »
I've played around with the film viewer for about a year, and I am no expert... It's a different beast evertime I open it up.

As for screen shots:

Open your Film Viewer. Open a file you may want to use for a possible screen shot.  Play the film until you have what you think will be a good screen shot scene. Then Move the Camera Views around and Play with the Views until you have a good looking screenie of what you want. Click on the Full Screen button. If it looks good, press Ctrl + Prnt Scrn... Minimize the Film Viewer.  Then Open up Windows Paint, or similar program Paste the screen shot... Then save it. You can then open the picture later to edit in Photoshop, or Gimp, or whatever you like... Or just post it as is.

Note: I play with all my Graphics down low to increase my frame rates. I have to Open my ATI (Video Card) Controller Program to do this. BUT, When I go to make a screen shot. I open the ATI Controller, and Turn everything up to MAX. When you open your film viewer, the graphics will be nice and clean, to make your Screen shot look much better... So be sure to turn your graphics up before opening your Film Viewer. And turn them back down for game play, as you see fit.

Hope this helps.

<<S>>

Mathis
BMathis
B~Smooth Xtreme Racing (Retired)
Aces High CM Staff (Retired) [Koth, Xtreme Racing League]

Offline crazierthanu

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2008, 07:18:10 PM »
I've played around with the film viewer for about a year, and I am no expert... It's a different beast evertime I open it up.

As for screen shots:

Open your Film Viewer. Open a file you may want to use for a possible screen shot.  Play the film until you have what you think will be a good screen shot scene. Then Move the Camera Views around and Play with the Views until you have a good looking screenie of what you want. Click on the Full Screen button. If it looks good, press Ctrl + Prnt Scrn... Minimize the Film Viewer.  Then Open up Windows Paint, or similar program Paste the screen shot... Then save it. You can then open the picture later to edit in Photoshop, or Gimp, or whatever you like... Or just post it as is.

Note: I play with all my Graphics down low to increase my frame rates. I have to Open my ATI (Video Card) Controller Program to do this. BUT, When I go to make a screen shot. I open the ATI Controller, and Turn everything up to MAX. When you open your film viewer, the graphics will be nice and clean, to make your Screen shot look much better... So be sure to turn your graphics up before opening your Film Viewer. And turn them back down for game play, as you see fit.

Hope this helps.

<<S>>

Mathis

Thanks mathis  :salute
80th FS "Headhunters"
EhFex in-game.
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline crazierthanu

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2008, 08:14:54 PM »

As for screen shots:

Hope this helps.

<<S>>

Mathis

Mathis help,
Any idea how to do this with a nvidia card?
80th FS "Headhunters"
EhFex in-game.
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline BMathis

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2008, 10:05:12 PM »
Do a search for programs... Type in your Nvidia model? I'm not too sure, but I had to dig around to find mine.

BMathis
B~Smooth Xtreme Racing (Retired)
Aces High CM Staff (Retired) [Koth, Xtreme Racing League]

Offline lowZX14

• Silver Member
      • Home of the 325th Checkertails VFG
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2008, 12:37:08 AM »
Thanks again Fulmar, I guess what I'm asking is do I need to download FRAPS?
lowZX14
325th Checkertails VFG
www.325thcheckertailsvfg.com

Offline lowZX14

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2008, 12:52:15 AM »
Also, how do I get the text and voice along with the icon that comes from voice out of the shot?
lowZX14
325th Checkertails VFG

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2008, 03:02:27 PM »
Text won't show up in capturing the video/film.  Voice will though.  You can download fraps and try it out.  The demo version allows you to record 30 seconds of video (after 30 sec the video goes to b/w), also it watermarks your video.  Full version is like $30-40.

To get the voice out, it's best to make a copy of the film you're going to remove the voice from (just in case you want to keep the voice for a later time, you'll have a backup unedited original).  In the film viewer, at the top right corner.  Enter in the time of the where you want voice removed.  You enter this in the white box to the right of "Start Select".  Example: 00:00.  Then enter the end spot in the white box below.  Example 00:20.  Then hit the Edit Text/Voice button.  Check mark either remove text and/or remove voice.  Once you hit okay, it permanently removes text and/or voice from the film (this is why I said make a copy of the film beford editing it).
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either

Offline lowZX14

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2008, 09:47:08 AM »
Ahhhhh thank you sir, will definitely try it out when I get home.
lowZX14
325th Checkertails VFG

Offline 007Rusty

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2008, 09:57:21 AM »

:aok
C.O. 444TH AIR MAFIA
 WD40 (FS0)

Offline lowZX14

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2008, 05:53:52 PM »
Ok, I need some help with these camera shots.

1.  How do you get a fixed view of say a plane coming straight at you and then follow it after it passes?

2.  I'm also having trouble with zooming into the plane or away from it during the shot.

3.  What is the purpose of World Pointing and World Relative?

Thanks for all of your help so far everybody, hopefully I can get this thing going and I will most certainly give a few shout outs at the end for those of you who have helped.
lowZX14
325th Checkertails VFG

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2008, 08:47:03 PM »
Ok, I need some help with these camera shots.

1.  How do you get a fixed view of say a plane coming straight at you and then follow it after it passes?
Run film to a point about halfway into your "shot time"; then pause it.  Use your arrow keys to move your camera a little to the side and a little up or down.  Create a new shot and select "world pointing" and target the plane you want to have "flyby".  Capture the start and end positions (so they are exactly the same). Don't bother with the pitch/yaw stuff.  Set the start time 5 seconds or so back, and the duration to 10 seconds or so.  When you play your shot, you should have a nice flyby scene.

2.  I'm also having trouble with zooming into the plane or away from it during the shot.
Zooming is done with the field of view.  I usually set mine anywhere from 25-70 depending on the effect I'm trying to achieve.  Different values for the start and end will give you the zoom in/out.

3.  What is the purpose of World Pointing and World Relative?
World Pointing sets your position relative to the world coordinates and keeps you pointed at a target object.
World Relative is the same thing, but allows you to stay pointed in the same direction.

Thanks for all of your help so far everybody, hopefully I can get this thing going and I will most certainly give a few shout outs at the end for those of you who have helped.

I'm doing this from memory, so I might be off a little.  I just learned this stuff earlier this week while on vacation.   :D

As posted earlier in the thread:
And here's the old (working) download link to the AH Camera Shots tutorial.  It's large at 250+mb.  Runs about 10 minutes
http://www.derstuhl.net/ahmd_old/movies/AH_camtut.zip.
This is where I learned what little I know...  :)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 10:53:39 PM by ImADot »
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline lowZX14

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2008, 11:26:43 PM »
Thanks Dot, that should help me out some.

I've tried using that link a few times today and I can't get it to work.
lowZX14
325th Checkertails VFG

Offline lowZX14

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2008, 07:44:45 PM »
Also, how can I get a view on the ground at say a Vehicle Hangar, and stay on that hangar or field while it is being dropped?

I think I can use the World Relative for this, but I'm not too sure.
lowZX14
325th Checkertails VFG

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2008, 07:54:14 PM »
Yup, World Relative.  Crappy thing about the film viewer though...you have to spend a loooong time with the arrow keys to move your point of view away from your plane and down to the ground.  Doing it from 13,000 feet to get down to the ground to watch my bombs hit was a pain. 

I wish there was a way to get back to that position if you want to tweak it if your shot doesn't look right.  You either have to start all over, or start messing with the numbers until you figure out how much and in what direction to move.  132456.345 -- not quite where I want...hmmmm maybe I'll try 132550 and see where that puts me.  :rolleyes:
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline lowZX14

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2008, 08:25:39 AM »
That's what I thought and it does take a while to get the arrow keys to work.

BTW, I can't believe you're quioting Tatour in your signature.

Ohh, and Mr. Fulmar, when is the movie database site coming back online???
lowZX14
325th Checkertails VFG