Author Topic: Camera Shots / High Quality  (Read 1955 times)

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Camera Shots / High Quality
« on: August 23, 2008, 04:50:37 PM »
Can some of you experts reveal how to set up the camera angles. I tried a search... cant find a help file. And how do you 'render' this stuff in high quality? Please tell me you dont have to do a frame-by-frame export and then piece it back together? Is there a program outside of FRAPs that you use? New to this so any help would be a big help.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
Re: Camera Shots / High Quality
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2008, 04:56:29 PM »
You can use all the normal keyboard commands (F3, Z, [,], etc.) in the film viewer to set up your shots. At that point, just hit 'PrtScrn' on your keyboard (to the right of F12), go to MS Paint, GIMP, Photoshop/Paintshop, etc. and hit ctrl+v. You can edit them from there as you see fit.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2008, 05:16:00 PM »
No no I meant for films. I see a lot of guys have really high quality films and I am wondering how they make them?
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline mipoikel

• Gold Member
      • http://www.llv32.org
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2008, 05:59:49 PM »
Found this old "help" file from my documents.

AH FILM SHOTS - Brief tutorial

1. Open an AH film with the AH Film Viewer. Find an area of the film to your liking to make a film shot. Pause the film when you find an area you like.
2. Now click on the SET UP CAMERA SHOTS button. This will bring up a new window entitled FILM SHOTS.
3. Press the NEW SHOT button in the FILM SHOTS window. You'll see "SHOT 0" in the top pull down bar of the FILM SHOTS window.
4. Choose a camera shot. For this tutorial we'll use a plane relative shot. Next to SHOT TYPE, select "PLANE RELATIVE".
5. Now back in the Main film viewer, Press F1. This will put you in the cockpit. Now lets move the eye point outside the cockpit. -Press the right arrow key until you are over the right wing of you aircraft. -Now, press F8 and then 4 to rotate your eye point 90 degrees to where you are looking at the fuselage. -Press the Down arrow key until the entire plane fills the screen.
6. Once the first eye point is to you liking, Press the GRAB ALL button in the STARTING CAMERA area of the FLIM SHOTS window.
7. Play the film now. Your eye point should follow the plane.
8. Now press "PAUSE" on the Main Film viewer after several seconds have played. Now we will set up our ending camera position. -Press the right arrow until the plane is 1/2 way off the screen in the main film view window. -Now press F8 and then press 4 until the plane is re-centered in the window. You should be looking at the plane now from an angle. -In the FILM SHOTS window press the GRAB ALL button under the ENDING CAMERA area.
9. Now Press "PLAY SHOT" and you should see your newly created shot.
From here, you can save and name the shot, as well as export the shot to AVI. That’s it! You've created a film shot! There are endless ways to set up shots with the film shot window using various TARGET PLANES and CAMERA SHOTS. The GRAB TARGET button will allow you film from the eye point of another player. To do this in you main film viewer - just double click on a players name in the list to the right of the main window. Now, in your FILM SHOTS window, you should see that player’s name in the TARGET PLANE Box. Press GRAB TARGET. Now you can set up different camera shots from that player’s viewpoint. Also, you'll notice that the eye point movement will speed up the longer you hold it down one of the arrow keys. This comes in handy when you want to start or end a shot far away from you target plane. MISC:
Starting Camera
GRAB ALL
Grabs all information about the current eye point / camera.
GRAB START TIME
Grabs the current time position in the film viewer.
GRAB FOV (Field of View)
Grabs current field of view / zoom.
GARB POSITION
Grabs current eye point/camera position
GRAB ANGLE
Grabs current eye point / camera angle.

Ending Camera

GRAB ALL
Grabs all information about the current eye point / camera.
GRAB START TIME
Grabs the current time position in the film viewer.
GRAB FOV (Field of View)
Grabs current field of view / zoom.
GARB POSITION
Grabs current eye point/camera position
GRAB ANGLE
Grabs current eye point / camera angle.
Also note that you can manually enter data into the Start Time, Position, Field of View, and Angle boxes.
I am a spy!

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2008, 12:35:10 AM »
No no I meant for films. I see a lot of guys have really high quality films and I am wondering how they make them?

Chalenge, I'll send ya my Email, I'll give you everything there is to know including Screen Shots.
No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2008, 04:37:14 PM »
Chalenge, I'll send ya my Email, I'll give you everything there is to know including Screen Shots.

If it's not too much trouble, can you put something up on the forums (even if it's a link to download a pdf or something)?  I would like to get my feet wet with films, and I'm sure there are others in the community who would benefit from such information.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2008, 04:47:36 PM »
If it's not too much trouble, can you put something up on the forums (even if it's a link to download a pdf or something)?  I would like to get my feet wet with films, and I'm sure there are others in the community who would benefit from such information.

Okay, I'd be glad to. You'll have to give me until the weekend to dig it all up though, but I'll definately do it. :aok

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2008, 06:16:09 PM »
No problem...I have to have time to start filming stuff anyway as I always forget to roll film until after a good fight or some other interesting event. DOH! 

Since we all contribute our time and efforts for free, I certainly am not one to pester someone to produce results immediately.  :)
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline crazierthanu

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2008, 07:21:31 PM »
Please 1plus, we need your secrets!  :devil
80th FS "Headhunters"
EhFex in-game.
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2008, 01:37:02 AM »
Please 1plus, we need your secrets!  :devil

Ask Bmathis :noid

Offline crazierthanu

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2008, 08:40:49 PM »
80th FS "Headhunters"
EhFex in-game.
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline lowZX14

• Silver Member
      • Home of the 325th Checkertails VFG
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2008, 10:11:58 AM »
Yes, someone please post a good link/instructions for films.  I'm like ImADot and just getting into the films and screen shots, and would like some direction.
lowZX14
325th Checkertails VFG
www.325thcheckertailsvfg.com

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2008, 11:20:32 AM »
I have a AH tutorial video on how to use the camera shots system.  I can't remember who made it (without watching it).  Only downside is it's a SWF file (Flash) so you'll need a flash player to watch it.  It does a good job.

Unfortunately I'm in the process of fixing the download section on the AHMD.  I'll let you guys know when it's up.
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either

Offline lowZX14

• Silver Member
      • Home of the 325th Checkertails VFG
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2008, 12:57:22 PM »
Thank you Fulmar, I've been waiting for your site to come up since it went down.  I enjoy going and looking at all of the movies.

BTW I know this is really noobish, but what is FRAPS and how is it used?
lowZX14
325th Checkertails VFG
www.325thcheckertailsvfg.com

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2008, 02:43:37 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fraps
"Fraps (derived from Frames per second) is a benchmarking, screen capture, and real-time video capture utility for DirectX and OpenGL applications. It is commonly used to determine a computer's performance with a game, as well as record gaming footage. The program is very popular in the making of amateur machinima films. "

And here's the old (working) download link to the AH Camera Shots tutorial.  It's large at 250+mb.  Runs about 10 minutes
http://www.derstuhl.net/ahmd_old/movies/AH_camtut.zip.
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either