Author Topic: Seems the N1k is the new popular plane with noobies now  (Read 2020 times)

Offline shreck

• Silver Member
Re: Seems the N1k is the new popular plane with noobies now
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2008, 07:09:21 PM »

:rofl :rofl :rofl

A lot of good sticks? Who?

Nik2 one of the most popular birds right now because 90% of the guys that fly it only point and shoot. Meaning it has so many cannons they don't have to learn ACM but only spray and pray or try to HO everything in sight.  Dodge the first two HO's with pretty much 90% of the Nik2 pilots and they have no clue what to do next if one of their buddies doesn't come to the rescue.

N1k is easy meat! asside from maybe 20 good niki pilots out there! please fly more of them !! I despise them so. I will go out of my way to twist one into knots!  :rock

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2008, 08:55:48 PM »
For me N1K1s are the closest thing to AW relaxed realism as you can get.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline mg1942

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2008, 09:41:56 PM »
Did I forget to mention that real N1K2-Js had automatic extending flaps? In r/l they adjust depending on angle-of-attack.

Then it's no wonder N1K is the most stable and maneuverable in late-war class.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2008, 09:43:30 PM »
Did I forget to mention that real N1K2-Js had automatic extending flaps? In r/l they adjust depending on angle-of-attack.

Then it's no wonder N1K is the most stable and maneuverable in late-war class.

I'll out turn Niki's all day long in an La7. 
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2008, 11:22:20 PM »
Yes seem to be seeing more Nikis lately and probably for good reason. 4 cannons,tons of ammo & long fuel range. Always been one the easiest rides in the game to get kills in. Graphics update and they will be even more common.

<S>...-Gixer

Offline mg1942

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2008, 12:56:20 AM »
Masherbrum's ultimate wet dream....  :D

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs

Offline batdog

• Silver Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com/
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2008, 06:39:43 AM »
I fly the Niki alot now adays. The reason is this.... I've been down the "uber ride" road. Myself and others flew rides that had quite a few issues way back and had a hardcore hate for Nik's,spits and la7's. Why..well the Niki sometime back (2000 or 2001, cant rem) was a UFO. I flew the 38,47 and f6 abit. Then the 109F alot. None of these where much loved beyond us die hards back then.

I thought it made me better.... all it did was drive me nuts.

Now after quiting and returning over and over for various reasons I'm flying what suits my style ie the Niki for now. Why?Its stable, turns pretty well, lots of  ammo as I cant shoot and isnt any more "uber" than many other rides seen in the MA. I will admit the use of the HO w/it is abit annoying but typicaly if a good stick avoid that then the Ho Ho is toast.

I'll keep upping it when I feel like it, and prob get shot down over and over but its cool. Pac Man, AH, AH2..... they're just games designed for entertainment and thats what entertains me at this juncture in my AH2 life.

Of course, I only see what he posts here and what he does in the MA.  I know virtually nothing about the man.  I think its important for people to realize that we don't really know squat about each other.... definately not enough to use words like "hate".

AKDejaVu

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2008, 07:14:12 AM »
I just can't get past the niki's rate of fire on the cannon...  seems planes fly thru the stream between bursts.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline batdog

• Silver Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com/
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2008, 09:45:23 AM »
Yea, I've had the same happen quite often but when they hit.... they hit.
Of course, I only see what he posts here and what he does in the MA.  I know virtually nothing about the man.  I think its important for people to realize that we don't really know squat about each other.... definately not enough to use words like "hate".

AKDejaVu

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2008, 10:32:42 AM »
I think the last time I took a n1k2 up I landed 10 kills in it (8 of them bombers). I have the screenshot somewhere.

It's not a popular plane with the newbies "now" -- it has always been this way. Historically it has held the #3 slot behind la7s, and spitfires for a long, long, long time. That is, up until the arena split when the dynamics changed and the new spits came out and all that jazz. After that I can't verify how much it gets used (spixteens are so much more capable, you know?) but it's enough.

Offline vonKrimm

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2008, 10:42:37 AM »
Yes, the Niki is too good to pass on.  Two bombs & a DT plus those fourx20mm w/plenty 'o rounds; speed; turnability (when not at speed); a good all-around plane.  If only it had the Hisookas instead of the knock-off Okerloins(sp?) :pray

Fight Like a Girl

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2008, 11:50:53 AM »
OK, then let me ask this. How do you get an LA-7 to turn inside a Niki when a good Niki stick starts loop ropeing? Because thats where Im having trouble at. And there are some really good Niki sticks. They were at TT Island yesterday in blue. And at equal states starting off by the 4'th or 5'th loop Im starting to have trouble.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 11:53:41 AM by Rich46yo »
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline valdals

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2008, 11:54:21 AM »
teh nikj has been used extensively since ive been playing. im going on  two years.

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2008, 12:08:52 PM »
I've been killing and getting killed by more and more lately. Could this be the new 'Spit 16' ??

Anyone else seeing more and more N1ks?

you know i still find it funny people would laugh at other people for the AC that they fly. I LOVE to fly all AC. I LOVE flying. instead of calling some noob an idiot for flying the spit16 just remember FX flys those same spits and yall prase him for it. (no pun intended FX <S>) let people fly what they want and stop giving them watermelon over it.
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey