• Gold Member
Re: H2H
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2008, 02:35:46 PM »
I was referring to AA as per your list:
1.) NOT a crap game
2.) Download it and you're done (legal)
3.) Only a free account

Yea, well, add the the list...

4) Not a Federally funded recruitment tool paid for indirectly by all US tax payers, whether they play it or not.
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline dkff49

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2008, 02:36:36 PM »
Is all the H2H really a game issue or a $ issue.  Seems to me that everyone who asks for H2H back is just too cheap to pay.  They want somthing for nothing.

Just out of curiosity, what other online games offer a free download and free online play?

I'd say the answer to your question is NO.

wrngway

not every body is too cheap to pay.

there are quite a few of us who want it back for paying customers.

I will say agian that I miss the old HTH days, less likely hood of hordes, free for all arenas, would give people somewhere to go to get away from the MA BS and still have country vs country battles when you want.

I'll repeat for paying customers only.
Haxxor has returned!!!!
Dave

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2008, 02:38:40 PM »
Yea, well, add the the list...

4) Not a Federally funded recruitment tool paid for indirectly by all US tax payers, whether they play it or not.
I just based it upon your first list. No worries. :)
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2008, 02:40:54 PM »
If H2H was available back then for no charge at all... that means you're saying AH is a piece of crap?

No, what I am saying is in providing it for free HTC went above and beyond the realistic expectations for this type of service, it was a luxury. It is entirely reasonable for them to discontinue the practice of continuing to provide it as soon as the effort to "police" it took time away from the staff's available dedication of time and resources to their actual paying customers.
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2008, 02:42:06 PM »
America's Army.
Thats where i spend most of my time now...sick of the twits sending emails and calling skuzz about me.
Atleast in there i can rant all day long and not worry bout it  :D...but for some reason they get the point and dont pay my PERSONA any mind  :aok
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2008, 03:00:53 PM »
     If your persona bugs that many people, perhaps you might want to
rethink it. 
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2008, 03:11:55 PM »
     If your persona bugs that many people, perhaps you might want to
rethink it. 
i have...thats why you see me maybe once a week now in AH. and thats for about an hour or so.
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2008, 03:14:02 PM »
That are...?

a) Worth a crap

b) Do not require you to buy a $49.99 boxed version of the front-end

c) Subsist totally on the basis of paid subscribership

WarBirds. They've actually started updating their planes to better standards. And the planes arent as good as AHII, but they beat the heck out of FA3
No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline Redlegs

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2008, 04:03:53 PM »
WarBirds. They've actually started updating their planes to better standards. And the planes arent as good as AHII, but they beat the heck out of FA3

Warbirds isn't free.

Resident Arizona Cardinals/Cincinnati Reds fan

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2008, 04:14:43 PM »
will AH think about enable PunkBuster where ppl can use the H2H rooms w/o hackers?

I find PunkBuster to be the most tempermental and irritating programme for games ever.  I play Battlefield 2 (well, try to play it) and find that I get booted from almost every online game I join, and I am not a hacker or a cheater.

<S>

Yossarian
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/Ż________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Offline hyster

• Copper Member
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2008, 06:24:52 PM »
This means these hacks no longer work. With the addition of PunkBuster, AH would be virtually un-hackable.

i used to run game server's (rvs,bf2,b42142,jops,bf1942,bf vietnam...................... ......) including punkbuster so i no what im talking about with PB. the ONLY good thing about punkbuster is that its better than nothing. its also getting VERY intrusive into the OS using dedicated processes to run.
some off the servers i ran i used an addon for punkbuster that caught/looked for more cheats/hacks than standard punkbuster and hackers still got on the server.

Hackers, supposedly said that these hacks, only worked for the current version

that's only partially true. not all hacks stop working when i new patch comes out. it depends on what was changed in the patch.
some of the hacks Ive read about change values in the memory, so say the hacker upped a 51-d with 2 bombs he would search/find the value and change it to 500, hey presto he has a 51-d with 500 bombs.

the sad truth about cheats and hackers is that you will NEVER stop them. they will always find a way to hack. the good news for ah2 players is that's its a small player base so not many people will try to create a hack. also we have admins/programmers that are active in the pursuit of these scum.

Offline trigger2

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2008, 07:17:38 PM »
Is all the H2H really a game issue or a $ issue.  Seems to me that everyone who asks for H2H back is just too cheap to pay.  They want somthing for nothing.

No, back when I flew h2h, I COULDN'T afford it...
Going back and forth between washington and oregon almost daily to take care of my dying grandmother, buying her what she needed, using up all of my vacation time and most of my sick leave, trying to keep kids going, food, bills, all that fun stuff, I plain and simply couldn't afford it, and even if I could, the 15 a month wouldn't be worth the 2-3 hours I was able to play a month... so, at least for me, and most of the 17th Air Warriors, it was a money issue, not a "too cheap to pay" thing...
Sometimes, we just need to remember what the rules of life really are: You only
need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the
WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.
*TAs Aerofighters Inc.*

Offline SD67

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2008, 07:48:28 PM »
I find PunkBuster to be the most tempermental and irritating programme for games ever.  I play Battlefield 2 (well, try to play it) and find that I get booted from almost every online game I join, and I am not a hacker or a cheater.

<S>

Yossarian
Maybe it's a good judge of character? :rofl

:devil
9GIAP VVS RKKA
You're under arrest for violation of the Government knows best act!
Fabricati diem, punc
Absinthe makes the Tart grow fonder

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2008, 08:51:45 PM »
 :rofl :rofl
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women