Author Topic: You want change...?  (Read 2842 times)

Offline dentin

• Nickel Member
Re: You want change...?
« Reply #135 on: August 28, 2008, 11:31:47 AM »
"The more I see of the depressing stature of people, the more I admire my dogs."
 Opinions are like Armpits..everyone has two and sometime they both stink!
"No matter how much things change, They remain the same"

Offline dentin

• Nickel Member
« Reply #136 on: August 28, 2008, 11:36:45 AM »
term limits, line item veto.

it's a start for real change

Job Performance review by constituents , mid term...fail> dunce cap has to be worn anytime in public view.   :rofl
"The more I see of the depressing stature of people, the more I admire my dogs."
 Opinions are like Armpits..everyone has two and sometime they both stink!
"No matter how much things change, They remain the same"

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #137 on: August 28, 2008, 12:17:50 PM »
crack me up...  canadian soldiers were dieing in the skies and on the beaches of france while american corporations were aiding and abetting the nazi party.

he may have been talking about the Dieppe Raid, but that is Mountbatten's fault not the USA.

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #138 on: August 28, 2008, 12:29:11 PM »
he may have been talking about the Dieppe Raid, but that is Mountbatten's fault not the USA.

you must have missed this post of mine

maybe they should have been more prepared,   i mean soldiers don't fly, pilots do,, and nobody with any sense would have been on the french beach's trying to fight the germans before d-day,, so if your talking about Dunkirk? i guess i would have to again say the British people saved the day, in there little boats and rescued over half the fighting force trapped on the beaches, trying too retreat from the German "Juggernaut" that no one saw coming or prepared for because PM Chamberlain, had his head buried in the sand!
o and there was no report of any Canadian troops anywere around there,,  only french (139,997 rescued by the ninth day) and British(338,229 rescued)
Canadian Parliament declared war on germany 10 September 1939 one week after the united kingdom and France,

Canadian airmen played a small but significant role in the Battle of Britain!
 Troops of the 2nd Canadian Infantry Division also played a leading role in the disastrous Dieppe Raid in August 1942. 9 months after we entered the war!  by the way this is the first time Canadian troops fought in WW2 on the European front,  The attack was also important in the history of American involvement in World War 2,, on account of it being the first combat between American and German ground forces in the war!  so what was that you were saying about ca nook soldiers? i think us yanks were there with you guy's!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 01:12:44 PM by WWhiskey »
Flying since tour 71.