Author Topic: You want change...?  (Read 2849 times)

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
Re: You want change...?
« Reply #105 on: August 26, 2008, 08:58:50 PM »
Good, because you all owe me $5 in that case  :)

In my own words:

Multi-lateral foreign policy means working with your allies, rather than going at it alone.
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/Ż________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
« Reply #106 on: August 26, 2008, 09:08:35 PM »

In my own words:

Multi-lateral foreign policy means working with your allies, rather than going at it alone.

And if our allies don't support what we intend to do, even though it may be the right thing?
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer

Offline SD67

• Gold Member
« Reply #107 on: August 26, 2008, 09:14:28 PM »
In short a multilateral foreign policy is an attempt to keep everybody happy. It's akin to trying to reach a big compromise which with the diversity faced in world politics is never going to work.
You might as well throw open your borders and say "Come on in y'all! Do what you like and we'll love it!" and be done with it.
9GIAP VVS RKKA
You're under arrest for violation of the Government knows best act!
Fabricati diem, punc
Absinthe makes the Tart grow fonder

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
      • http://www.bops.us
« Reply #108 on: August 26, 2008, 09:29:41 PM »

In my own words:

When did we go it alone?

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #109 on: August 26, 2008, 10:23:46 PM »
When did we go it alone?

Iraq.  I know there was a Coalition, but it sure wasn't much of one.  The first George Bush got a huge coalition to go along with him in Gulf War One, but George W. Bush went into Iraq without a broad international agreement that it was the right thing to do.
O o

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #110 on: August 26, 2008, 10:34:45 PM »
Iraq.  I know there was a Coalition, but it sure wasn't much of one.  The first George Bush got a huge coalition to go along with him in Gulf War One, but George W. Bush went into Iraq without a broad international agreement that it was the right thing to do.

Bush woulda never tried it without his poodle.

The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #111 on: August 26, 2008, 11:48:10 PM »

lets see england went too war with germany all by itself,, was that a bad thing ? should they have waited till the rest of the free world got on board? i think they would have been german subjects by then! thank god (on your behalf) that they acted without the consent of the rest of the world!
Flying since tour 71.

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
      • http://www.bops.us
« Reply #112 on: August 27, 2008, 05:52:36 AM »

So, in your mind there are different degrees of coalitions?  You yourself said we went into Iraq with a coalition, just not much of one. 

So what is your definition of a real coalition?

Do you think we should have just teamed up with the UN and passed another resolution?

What about when Clinton was bombing the Serbs or sending troops to Somalia?  Was there a coalition then and did it meet your standards?

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #113 on: August 27, 2008, 06:03:30 AM »
Bush woulda never tried it without his poodle.

(Image removed from quote.)

The Brits are a lot of things but one thing they aint is "poodles". I myself am glad there are still people like them left in this manure pile world.

I guess we could have all sat around for another 11 years while Saddam flipped the bird at us again on a daily basis.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #114 on: August 27, 2008, 08:33:23 AM »
The Brits are a lot of things but one thing they aint is "poodles". I myself am glad there are still people like them left in this manure pile world.

I guess we could have all sat around for another 11 years while Saddam flipped the bird at us again on a daily basis.

I hear yah Rich... was just clubbing the thread starter/obama-fan/british subject teenager with the painful truth that his nation was the #1 contributor of support in the coalition that dealt with saddam... in a format he could come to grips with.

Carry on. <S!>
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #115 on: August 27, 2008, 08:37:26 AM »
lets see england went too war with germany all by itself,, was that a bad thing ? should they have waited till the rest of the free world got on board? i think they would have been german subjects by then! thank god (on your behalf) that they acted without the consent of the rest of the world!

YA, because we all know iraq is sooo powerful and allmighty. they were within a day of taking over the world when we went in there, right? :D
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline xbrit

• Silver Member
« Reply #116 on: August 27, 2008, 09:29:55 AM »
This is probably the same kid who last week on the game who made the statement "All Brits are stupid" then claims he was really British.
My son is a dual national but he doesn't think it correct of him to involve himself in something he doesn't have personal knowledge of, yes he could go online and research but he wouldn't be there to "see and feel" how these things affect him or he could go on my say so but he is too much of an individual to just follow blindly.
The only thing I can think of is that this kid is starved of attention so comes here trying to cause strife with his C&P arguements so that we may give him the attention his parents should be giving.

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #117 on: August 27, 2008, 09:52:34 AM »

Incorrect, if you're referring to World War II, Britain went to war with France against Germany.

[snip]

Wrong on all counts.
O o

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #118 on: August 27, 2008, 10:07:04 AM »
YA, because we all know Iraq is sooo powerful and allmighty. they were within a day of taking over the world when we went in there, right? :D
well we could have stop ed the germans long before they caused millions to die
but instead we tried to appease them and to what end?
Flying since tour 71.

Offline xbrit

• Silver Member
« Reply #119 on: August 27, 2008, 10:33:58 AM »
I just love the way this kid thinks if he says it that makes it correct but if it's someone elses statement they are wrong, oh well I suppose that's typical kids.
Maybe when they drop he will develop a mind of his own and not just follow blindly.