Author Topic: K4 vs P47D on the deck  (Read 960 times)

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
K4 vs P47D on the deck
« on: August 26, 2008, 12:45:30 AM »
I just wanted to post this film, because it was a great little fight with me in a 109K4 and Jarbo in a P47-D40.

Jarbo did a great job with the P47 down on the deck, he manged to fake me with a real low alt dive, which I ended up diving in expecting to be right on his six, but instead he went the other way which ended up setting us up for a head to head merge. He got hits on me and took out my 30mm Hub cannon and hit my oil.

We ended up getting down and dirty on the deck and I'm still not sure how he managed to stay out of the trees in some of his turns. This made for a great little fight with out my 30mm cannon, it meant I couldn't go for a simple snap shot, but instead had to really get in there and work for it. (Jugs are tough suckers). We ended up just above the tree tops at 100mph twisting and turning.

This is what AH2 should be, was pretty much a solid 1 on 1 and only one guy dove in but he stayed out after I asked to let me fight it alone. Another even asked if I needed help after my oil was hit and hub cannon was gone, but I said no and it ended up being a great little fight.

=S=  Jarbo for the good fight and also to those that stayed out letting us have a nice little rare 1 on 1. 

Film

http://www.wargamerx.com/k4/jarbo-p47d.ahf
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 12:50:02 AM by crockett »
"strafing"

Offline MjTalon

• Gold Member
      • 82nd FG Home
Re: K4 vs P47D on the deck
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 08:45:39 AM »
awesome fight  :aok. Haven't had a slow speed stall fight like that in some months. Rare to come by so make sure your film is always rolling!

:salute

S.A.P.P.
Cavalier - 82nd F.G
Group Commanding Officer

Offline zoozoo

• Silver Member
      • http://myspace.com/zachisbackforasnack
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 09:39:02 AM »
good fight  :aok
Zoozoo
Jokers Jokers
zoozoo fighter ace issue one:
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,240022.0.html

Offline jarbo

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2008, 10:12:05 PM »
 I was ear to ear grins after that white knuckled ride.  Best fight for me (despite losing) in 6mo to a year!
<S> strafing.

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2008, 06:09:00 PM »
I was ear to ear grins after that white knuckled ride.  Best fight for me (despite losing) in 6mo to a year!
<S> strafing.

Yea was a good fight man.. I think it really just came down to me having the better aircraft in that situation. Those Jug's are heavy suckers and my K4 has a lot of motor that allowed my to pull back out at will, to get set back up on your six. You did pretty much everything you possibly could have in that situation which is why it was a good fight. I like it when you know the other guy is flying a tough aircraft and is flying it too it's limits.

The way I look at it, even though you didn't get a kill on me, I figure you still shot me down, because I wasn't able to land and had to ditch as well once my engine died. I did fly the Jug a bit last night it's one of the aircraft on my list to learn because I know it's a tough plane to fly, so you may see me in it a bit more often.   :D

Anyway <S> on the good fight.

"strafing"

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2008, 12:32:46 PM »
 :rock

That was the first time I have enjoyed watching a film in some time! 

It was a sad ending, as I root for Jarbo, but <SALUTE> the both of you. 

Now we all have to wait around for the sequel.   :salute

See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2008, 01:25:01 PM »
Nice one, Jarbo always was good in t3h Jug :D

No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline Grape

• Nickel Member
      • http://promoteitright.com/Site/82nd/